Here are some useful tips to ease you into the Wikipedia experience:
- First, take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial, and perhaps dabble a bit in the test area.
- When you have some free time, take a look at the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines. They can come in very handy!
- Remember to use a neutral point of view!
- If you need any help, feel free to post a question at the Help Desk
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Also, here are some odds and ends that I find useful from time to time:
- Wikipedia:Policy Library
- Wikipedia:Cite your sources
- Wikipedia:Conflict resolution
- Wikipedia:Brilliant prose
- Wikipedia:Pages needing attention
- Wikipedia:Peer review
- Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
- Wikipedia:Village pump
- Wikipedia:Boilerplate text
Feel free to ask me anything the links and talk pages don't answer. You can most easily reach me by posting on my talk page.
You can sign your name on any page by typing 4 tildes, likes this: ~~~~.
Best of luck, and have fun!
ClockworkTroll 23:10, 12 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Hi there, I see RedBot is editing the interwikis on pages in the Template: namnespace. This should not be done using standard pywikipedia, per the English Wikipedia Bot Policy. Please make sure you remove the template namespace from the namespaces the bot edits. Thanks, - Kingpin13 (talk) 12:32, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
Edit wars between bots????
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fukushima_II_Nuclear_Power_Plant&diff=next&oldid=420406461
RedBot (Robot modifying...) is undoing an edit by EmausBot (Robot modifying...).
There is a Move tag in progress to move/rename the page, ending March 26. I can imagine opinionated people having an edit war over a name, but having a bot edit war is just too funny. :)
Hopefully as RedBot's human, you will be able to figure out a way to make it smarter, and set a good example.
Vielen dank! 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:31, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
- That's not an edit war between bots. Both bots simply changed the interwiki link to the german page, because it was moved, first from Kernkraftwerk Fukushima-Daini to Kernkraftwerk Fukushima II, so EmausBot changed it here. Some hours later, it was moved back to Kernkraftwerk Fukushima-Daini and this time RedBot changed the interwiki-link here. Regards, Redf0x (talk) 07:24, 28 March 2011 (UTC)
There is a page Sultan, Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. Since the title is outdated, can you please move the page using the title,, Sultan bin Abdulaziz or another relevant title. If you can suggest me any way to do it, it is also appreciated. Thanks, Egeymi (talk) 15:39, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
Your bot on English Wikipedia
A proposal to de-authorize a group of idle interwiki bots on the English Wikipedia is currently in process. A bot account of yours has been included in the list. If you are no longer using this bot, no action is neccessary by you. Should you wish to revive your bot in the near future, please remove your bot from the list here: en:Wikipedia:Bot_owners'_noticeboard#Bot_that_are_inactive_for_the_last_2-4_years_and_may_lose_bot_flag. Thank you for your contributions. For the en: Bot Approvals Group, en:user:Xaosflux 12:05, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:52, 23 November 2015 (UTC)