|~riley is experiencing health issues that may affect his ability to work on Wikipedia. Consequently, this user may not be able to respond to talk-page messages or e-mails in a timely manner. Your patience is greatly appreciated.|
Hello and welcome to my talk page, feel free to ask any questions! Please remember to sign your posts using ~~~~. --
Sturm und Drang
Sorry if you're inconvenienced by the rangeblock on 188.8.131.52/22. You don't need to be told that it's perfectly legitimate for an editor to deregister and edit as an IP, especially when the username is unsuitable. Unfortunately, Sunshine has unorthodox ideas on the use of the toolkit - for example he has protected the reference desk for three months although a hundred editors and administrators have told him not to and nobody supports the move. In January he narrowly escaped a de - sysop for abuse.
Hoping you enjoyed the recently-held in-person Art+Feminism meetup,
DRN help needed and volunteer roll call
You are receiving this message because you have listed yourself on the list of volunteers at Wikipedia:Dispute resolution noticeboard/Volunteering#List of the DRN volunteers.
First, assistance is needed at DRN. We have recently closed a number of cases without any services being provided for lack of a volunteer willing to take the case. There are at least three cases awaiting a volunteer at this moment. Please consider taking one.
Second, this is a volunteer roll call. If you remain interested in helping at DRN and are willing to actively do so by taking at least one case (and seeing it through) or helping with administrative matters at least once per calendar month, please add your name to this roll call list. Individuals currently on the principal volunteer list who do not add their name on the roll call list will be removed from the principal volunteer list after June 30, 2016 unless the DRN Coordinator chooses to retain their name for the best interest of DRN or the encyclopedia. Individuals whose names are removed after June 30, 2016, should feel free to re-add their names to the principal volunteer list, but are respectfully requested not to do so unless they are willing to take part at DRN at least one time per month as noted above. No one is going to be monitoring to see if you live up to that commitment, but we respectfully ask that you either live up to it or remove your name from the principal volunteer list.
Sorry twinkle error
Protection of this page
This user told me to contact on the user talk page, so here's the official request. On 31 March 2016, Magioladitis protected User talk:Riley Huntley with "Move=Require autoconfirmed or confirmed access" because of page move vandalism, but that protection level was wrong. The protection level of both that page and this page should instead be "Move=Require administrator access". The message was removed from User talk:Magioladitis and the WP:RFPP request was declined. GeoffreyT2000 (talk) 00:46, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
- @GeoffreyT2000: I am at a loss to why you are even making an "official" request or getting involved with a protection that has no effect on any one other than myself. The reason why the protection is not "move=sysop" is so that 1) I can move my talk page for easy archiving in the way I prefer 2) To not interfere with my rename which just occured and 3) because the only move vandalism was by non-autoconfirmed users. I encourage you to focus on useful contributions instead of meddling in user page protections that do not effect you. ~riley (talk) 00:51, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
- @~riley and Magioladitis: There has been no move vandalism by non-autoconfirmed users, since unconfirmed users cannot move pages, whatever the protection on the page (see WP:CONFIRM and WP:MOVE particularly WP:MOVE#Move restrictions). If you are thinking of the move by Rj15rj15 at 22:54, 30 March 2016, they had become autoconfirmed more than sixteen hours earlier, at 06:35, 30 March 2016, that being their tenth edit.
- In short: setting "Move=Require autoconfirmed or confirmed access" is pointless. --Redrose64 (talk) 13:01, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
- So unless we're looking to make work, it's fine as is because clearly, theres been no other vandalism to worry about. :) ~riley (talk) 16:18, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
Hi ~riley, I just wanted to let you know that I have added the "autopatrolled" permission to your account, as you have created numerous, valid articles. This feature will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to reduce the workload on new page patrollers. For more information on the patroller right, see Wikipedia:Autopatrolled. Feel free to leave me a message if you have any questions. Happy editing! — xaosflux Talk 04:50, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
2016 Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director Search Community Survey
The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation has appointed a committee to lead the search for the foundation’s next Executive Director. One of our first tasks is to write the job description of the executive director position, and we are asking for input from the Wikimedia community. Please take a few minutes and complete this survey to help us better understand community and staff expectations for the Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director.
- Survey, (hosted by Qualtrics)
Thank you, The Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director Search Steering Committee via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:48, 1 June 2016 (UTC)
Please see Wikipedia:Bot_owners'_noticeboard#Last_chance_to_fix_these_bots. — xaosflux Talk 18:48, 9 June 2016 (UTC)