|Threads older than 7 days may be archived by.|
|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
- 1 Feroze Khan Noon
- 2 Mumbai XI
- 3 Invite to WikiConference India 2011
- 4 Invitation!
- 5 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 6 Women in Red World Contest
- 7 Your GA nomination of Humayun Abdulali
- 8 Feburary 2018 at Women in Red
- 9 Supporting Indian Wikipedia Program resource distribution
- 10 This Month in GLAM: January 2018
Feroze Khan Noon
Rohini, adding the sentence on Mrs. Fore Noon & Mrs. After Noon is the funniest Wiki edit, I've seen. A stroke of comic genius. Not that I condone Wiki vandalism, but that one was fantastic.
As per your request on this page:
Invite to WikiConference India 2011
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Hi. We're into the last five days of the Women in Red World Contest. There's a new bonus prize of $200 worth of books of your choice to win for creating the most new women biographies between 0:00 on the 26th and 23:59 on 30th November. If you've been contributing to the contest, thank you for your support, we've produced over 2000 articles. If you haven't contributed yet, we would appreciate you taking the time to add entries to our articles achievements list by the end of the month. Thank you, and if participating, good luck with the finale!
Your GA nomination of Humayun Abdulali
The article Humayun Abdulali you nominated as a good article has failed ; see Talk:Humayun Abdulali for reasons why the nomination failed. If or when these points have been taken care of, you may apply for a new nomination of the article. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Chiswick Chap -- Chiswick Chap (talk) 15:02, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Chiswick Chap: Thank you for your review of the article. I will fix these issues in a few days and renominate the article. -- Rohini (talk) 19:17, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
Feburary 2018 at Women in Red
Women in Red's February 2018 worldwide online editathons.
(To subscribe: Women in Red/English language mailing list and Women in Red/international list. Unsubscribe: Women in Red/Opt-out list) --Rosiestep (talk) 14:32, 28 January 2018 (UTC) via MassMessaging
Supporting Indian Wikipedia Program resource distribution
In 2017 - 2018, the Wikimedia Foundation and Google working in close coordination with the Centre for Internet and Society (CIS), Wikimedia India chapter (WMIN) and user groups will pilot a program encouraging Wikipedia communities to create locally relevant and high-quality content in Indian languages. This program (Code name: Project Tiger) will:
- (a) Support active and experienced Wikipedia editors through the donation of laptops and stipends for internet access and
- (b) Sponsor a language-based contest that aims to address existing Wikipedia content gaps.
The objective of the program is to provide laptops and internet stipends for existing editors who need support to contribute more actively. 50 basic model Acer Chromebooks and Internet stipends for 100 contributors are available for distribution. Provided resources are the sole property of the beneficiaries and should be used for the betterment of the movement.
If you're an active Wikimedian, and interested to receive support from this project, please apply. It will take around 10 minutes of your time, and will ask descriptive questions about your contribution to Indic Wikimedia projects.
- Apply at: Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program#Apply for support
- Last date for submitting applications is 11th February 2018, 11:59 IST.
This Month in GLAM: January 2018