Please click here to leave a message.
- 1 Butt men
- 2 /*regarding spamming Onlinecasinocanadareviews.com */
- 3 COI
- 4 Advice
- 5 Contested deletion of HOST1FREE
- 6 A beer for you!
- 7 Pacific Brands
- 8 Nomination of List of historical buildings and landmarks in Portland, Oregon for deletion
- 9 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 10 Speedy deletion nomination of Cloudware
Hi, many thanks for twice reverting an IP's vandalism on Camouflage. I've slapped a warning on him, but ideally this is done at the first opportunity (at least a sandbox message) to give wavering vandals a chance to change their ways before things get serious. All the best, Chiswick Chap (talk) 06:46, 18 June 2014 (UTC)
/*regarding spamming Onlinecasinocanadareviews.com */
I was just Experimenting is this post and didn't know about your sandbox. Thats why i removed that post from your "WikiProject_Spam". So please remove this post from "Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Spam". Next time i'll be careful about your terms and condition.
I am waiting for your reply regarding the removal of message from your "WikiProject_Spam"
- You stated that you will be "careful about your terms and conditions". Explain in your own words, what exactly are the relevant policies for this situation how you will abide by it in the future. (Hint: read WP:NOTPROMO, WP:REFSPAM). -SFK2 (talk) 06:48, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for your reply. Actually i am a newbie to wikipedia and have no prior experience for posting. So i will be thankful to you if you can help me regarding what are some basic guidelines for posting and what i can do in my concerned situation.
And also please advice me how can i use the sandbox feature for experimenting posting.
Hoping for a positive response from your side.
Hi I am waiting for your reply.
I disagree with your evaluation of my contribution to the page Shanghai Free Trade Zone as a conflict of interest, as all the information provided is factual. While indeed a majority of it is drawn from a source I am close to, China-Briefing.com, this does not mean it is primarily promoting any sort of commercial interest. Moreover, the information you have left on the page comes from the same source, thus it is arbitrary for you to have removed only my most recent edits, which greatly expanded the available information and reorganized it for greater coherence. Either it's all a COI or none of it is. Matthew Zito (talk) 05:39, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
- It's all COI. Also, repeatedly adding the same link to multiple articles (including product pages) is considered a form of spamming.-SFK2 (talk) 11:12, 23 June 2014 (UTC)
I'd ask that you take a closer look at the most recent edits I have made. I have removed all AsiaBriefing commercial links, and left in links related to the site's news service only. If you believe that these cannot constitute a valid source of information (to which I disagree), then the sections "Incorporation" and "Specific Industries" should rightfully be removed from the article, as at present they are entirely unreferenced. Matthew Zito (talk) 01:50, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi SFK2 I wonder if you can help. I'd like to get a short wikipedia page up about myself - which I know is strongly advised against etc. I regularly appear on a show on BBC1 called Rip-off Britain, and I write blogs for the Telegraph website - and I'm regularly quoted in the UK Press. I'm often simply referred to as a "personal finance expert" - so I want people to be able to find out something about me when they Google me after seeing me on TV.
Can I write a short page with references, and get someone else to approve it or edit it?
- First things first, do you understand why this is strongly advised against? -SFK2 (talk) 11:09, 23 June 2014 (UTC)
Contested deletion of HOST1FREE
hi SFK2, l noticed that you placed the deletion tag on the article that l recently posted. i would like to ask, what exactly is ambiguous and advertising about it, because l posted it to help users were now depending on it (esp since its one of the free hosts that covers Africa) that the page is'nt closing but actually relocating. Regards --Ladiepre (talk) 01:03, 29 June 2014 (UTC)ladiepre
Please Respond Hi SFK2, it has been 3 days since you flagged my page HOST1FREE with a speedy deletion tag and l am still appealing to you to let me know what exactly came across as advertising in my article. thank you. Ladiepre (talk) 11:37, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
- What came across as advertising? The entire article. That's basically what it means by unambiguous advertising. -SFK2 (talk) 12:53, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
A beer for you!
|Enjoy, you deserve it! Cheers, Huldra (talk) 00:31, 3 July 2014 (UTC)|
Thanks for the heads-up.
I have noticed that some changes have been made which remove some of the prose you have referred to.
Will bear the advice in mind for future.
Nomination of List of historical buildings and landmarks in Portland, Oregon for deletion
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article List of historical buildings and landmarks in Portland, Oregon is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of historical buildings and landmarks in Portland, Oregon until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article.. Valfontis (talk) 17:31, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:57, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Cloudware
A tag has been placed on Cloudware, requesting that it be deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under two or more of the criteria for speedy deletion, by which pages can be deleted at any time, without discussion. If the page meets any of these strictly-defined criteria, then it may be soon be deleted by an administrator. The reasons it has been tagged are:
- It seems to be unambiguous advertising which only promotes a company, product, group, service or person and would need to be fundamentally rewritten in order to become encyclopedic. (See section G11 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) Please read the guidelines on spam and Wikipedia:FAQ/Business for more information.
- It appears to be a clear copyright infringement of http://www.cloudware.bg/en/about. (See section G12 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material, and as a consequence, your addition will most likely be deleted. You may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. This part is crucial: say it in your own words. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
If the external website belongs to you, and you want to allow Wikipedia to use the text — which means allowing other people to modify it — then you must verify that externally by one of the processes explained at Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials. If you are not the owner of the external website but have permission from that owner, see Wikipedia:Requesting copyright permission. However, even if you use one of these processes to release copyrighted material to Wikipedia, it still needs to comply with the other policies and guidelines to be eligible for inclusion. If you would like any assistance with this, you can ask a question at the help desk.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Atlantic306 (talk) 03:09, 3 February 2017 (UTC)