|*Welcome to my talk page.*|
|*Please member to sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
|*If you place a comment/question here, I will respond here. If I left a message on your talk page you can reply there and I will see it on my watch list.|
|This helps keep the thread readable and in one place.*|
- 1 Jack hart
- 2 Euromonitor International Article Deletion
- 3 Responses to past messages
- 4 Commune by the Great Wall
- 5 Panihati Dandomahotsav
- 6 why delete my article ????
- 7 Vincent Edwards
- 8 Administrators' newsletter – June 2018
- 9 15 days
- 10 AOAC INTERNATIONAL
- 11 Erik Gatenholm page
- 12 Sahuarita Unified School District
- 13 Disambiguation link notification for June 17
- Hi, appoligies for the delay in answering you. The Jack Hart (Boxing) article was deleted following a descussion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Jack Hart (boxing) where concensus was to delete because there was not enough evidence that he meets the notability guidelines. Sarahj2107 (talk) 08:53, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
Euromonitor International Article Deletion
Hi Sarah Jane,
The article on the company Euromonitor International was deleted in October 2016 due to the notability guidelines. I believe this was an error. I have listed evidence that should support the articles reinstatement. I don’t have a copy of the original text, but I am more than happy to ensure that all factual information is backed up by verifiable information from reliable sources that provide evidence of notability. I can see from Google data that around 75 people a month are specifically searching for Euromonitor’s Wikipedia entry.
Euromonitor International Notability
Companies House (UK.Gov) Established 1972. Turnover £122 million. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01040587/filing-history
Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) Private Business of the Year http://pwc.blogs.com/press_room/2013/09/euromonitor-wins-private-business-of-the-year.html
Winner Queens Award for Enterprise 2014 (UK Government) 90% of revenue earned from overseas sales.
https://www.ft.com/content/bc36dbb4-c3ec-11e3-870b-00144feabdc0 http://queensawardsmagazine.com/business-winner/euromonitor-international-plc/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Awards_for_Enterprise
Wikipedia Top 10 UK market research organizations in 2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_research
Corporate Social Responsibility: Supported Charities • Unity in Health. (Healthcare Development Agency)
“UiH would like to thank Euromonitor International, the world’s leading Independent provider of strategic market research, for supporting our work in Nepal. Through a well-structured and meaningful CSR Programme, Euromonitor has a long tradition of engaging in responsible business activities and of providing essential funds for social causes worldwide. “
• The Walkabout Foundation (Wheelchairs for South Sudanese Refugees in Uganda) https://hopehealthaction.org/news/war-wheelchairs-blog-3-felix/104/
• Refugee Empowerment & Support Taskforce (REST) https://www.the-rest.org/partners
Global Business Press Citations
(190 articles in just one month, January 2018)
- Hi OlivierEuro, appoligies for the delay in responding to you. I've had a look at the sources you have provided and I to me they all appear to be either not independant or just mention Euromonitor in passing rather than being about them. The Guardian article for example just mentions them in the sourceing for a graph. However, it's been a year and a half since the deletion descussion, which had a weak keep and a weak delete, so they may meet the notability guidles now. I'm not willing to restore the article as it was, but you could try creating a draft with some better sources and submitting it for review. Sarahj2107 (talk) 09:09, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
Responses to past messages
I have been away from Wikipedia for about 9 months and there are a few messages from this time I have not responsed to. If your message was one of these and you would still like an answer then please feel free to ask again and I will be more than happy to help. You can find the original message in my archive here. I will be taking some time to get back up to speed with things and read up on any changes that have happened since I've been away but will now be around to respond to any messages. Sarahj2107 (talk) 09:21, 2 May 2018 (UTC)
Commune by the Great Wall
@Sarahj2107:, sorry for the ping as urgent clarification needed. Thanks admin for cleanup, but then  this Afd? Can I replace the Afd tag on the page? Need advices --Quek157 (talk) 13:06, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Quek157: I didn't see the AfD template, thanks for letting me know. I've now added it back. Sarahj2107 (talk) 13:11, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
Panihatichidautsav.in website link was given to the wikipedia page. Why are you deleted this pagge ? I was want to share this festival to all public not for business purpose. already in my wiki pagge, i mentioned thhe website link. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Subherjeesr (talk • contribs) 04:00, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Subherjeesr, I'm sorry but I had to delete Panihati Dandomahotsav as copyright infringment. Even if a link to the source is provided, Wikipedia can't legaly host copyrighted material. If you hold the copyright you can consider donating the material to Wikipedia. Information on how to do that is at Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials. However, if you want to recreate the page I would suggest you write it in your own words and only use the linked website as a source. If you need any more help let me know. Sarahj2107 (talk) 07:51, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
why delete my article ????
sir why delete my article (saqlain baqir)???? this is my personal biography . please tell me Saqlain5 (talk) 10:28, 28 May 2018 (UTC)Cite error: There are
<ref> tags on this page without content in them (see the help page).
- Hi Saqlain5, I'm sorry but your article was deleted because it did not credibly indicate the importance or significance of the subject. Wikipedia is not a social media site or a place for personal biographies. Subjects need to meet the notability guidelines or at the very least say why they should have an article. Sarahj2107 (talk) 10:56, 28 May 2018 (UTC)
Vincent Edwards does have a son with autism. I think everyone at least knows he has a son, there are many articles that mention him. At least leave that in there. As for the autism diagnosis, he has posted on his ig story about it. And trace edwards mom is constantly discussing it on her IG. Maybe you could properly add that back.
- I'm not saying he doesn't or that it shouldn't be in the article, just that if it is, it needs to be supported by an independent, reliable source as per our biographies of living people policy. Sarahj2107 (talk) 14:28, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (May 2018).
- Following a successful request for comment, administrators are now able to add and remove editors to the "event coordinator" group. Users in the event coordinator group have the ability to temporarily add the "confirmed" flag to new user accounts and to create many new user accounts without being hindered by a rate limit. Users will no longer need to be in the "account creator" group if they are in the event coordinator group.
- Following an AN discussion, all pages with content related to blockchain and cryptocurrencies, broadly construed, are now under indefinite general sanctions.
- IP-based cookie blocks should be deployed to English Wikipedia in June. This will cause the block of a logged-out user to be reloaded if they change IPs. This means in most cases, you may no longer need to do /64 range blocks on residential IPv6 addresses in order to effectively block the end user. It will also help combat abuse from IP hoppers in general. For the time being, it only affects users of the desktop interface.
- The Wikimedia Foundation's Anti-Harassment Tools team will build granular types of blocks in 2018 (e.g. a block from uploading or editing specific pages, categories, or namespaces, as opposed to a full-site block). Feedback on the concept may be left at the talk page.
- There is now a checkbox on Special:ListUsers to let you see only users in temporary user groups.
- It is now easier for blocked mobile users to see why they were blocked.
- A recent technical issue with the Arbitration Committee's spam filter inadvertently caused all messages sent to the committee through Wikipedia (i.e. Special:EmailUser/Arbitration Committee) to be discarded. If you attempted to send an email to the Arbitration Committee via Wikipedia between May 16 and May 31, your message was not received and you are encouraged to resend it. Messages sent outside of these dates or directly to the Arbitration Committee email address were not affected by this issue.
- In early May, an unusually high level of failed login attempts was observed. The WMF has stated that this was an "external effort to gain unauthorized access to random accounts". Under Wikipedia policy, administrators are required to have strong passwords. To further reinforce security, administrators should also consider enabling two-factor authentication. A committed identity can be used to verify that you are the true account owner in the event that your account is compromised and/or you are unable to log in.
Dear Sarah, Thanks for your post on my talk page. Have you read 15 days? The page (after the lead section) seems to serve no purpose except for to disparage the game, saying it is boring and had no suspense. I agree it is not your typical attack page, but it does not meet any of Wikipedia's guidelines, does it? I guess I will nominate the page for a non-speedy deletion. CheeseCrisps (talk) 16:41, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- @CheeseCrisps: I did read it. While it may be a little one sided, I don't think it meets the criteria for G10. We'll see what other people think at the AfD. Sarahj2107 (talk) 16:46, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
Hi Sarah-Jane, My name is Bob Rathbone (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’m the editor at AOAC INTERNATIONAL, and I’d recently updated AOAC’s Wikipedia page. I’m writing this because I believe you just reverted this page back to old and outdated information? I’m just learning about Wikipedia, so please let me know how to make the needed changes. A lot of the information now displayed is more than 15-20 years old. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:20, 12 June 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Bob. The information that was added to the article was removed for two reasons. One, it was a copyright violation. For legal reasons, Wikipedia cannot accept copyrighted material. Two, it was overly promotional. As an encyclopedia the content must be written in a neutral and unbiased tone. The type of language used on company/organisation websites is not suitable here.
- As someone who works for AOAC International you also have a conflict of interest so should be careful when editing the article yourself. I understand that it is out dated but I think the best way to improve it is to make suggestions on the article talk page and allow other editors to make the changes for you. Sarahj2107 (talk) 15:24, 12 June 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for the fast response. The article was edited before it was deleted. Can we please go back to the unedited version as that one had many sources and was also no promotional in nature.
Hi Sarah-Jane, Thank you. As one editor to another, could you then help and make the changes for me? I need to somehow update our site (AOAC is now a standards development organization!) in line with the Wikipedia rules, and I’m wondering if you could somehow paraphrase from the information I’d posted. I’m happy if you’d also edit whatever you deem to be overly promotional. Bob188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:07, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- Sarah-Jane,I read AOAC’s Wikipedia page this morning, and I want to thank you for adding some new information regarding sections, publications, etc. But, I still need you to update the information about AOAC’s business. The page incorrectly states that “AOAC International's technical contributions center on the creation, validation, and global publication of reliable analytical test methods.” In fact, AOAC changed what it does. We no longer develop and validate analytical methods, but instead, we develop voluntary consensus standards against which methods can now be judged. A lot has changed over the past 15-20 years.
Erik Gatenholm page
I hope you're doing well and that you're having a great start of the day. You recently removed the page for Erik Gatenholm, it was a few days ago. I'm not sure why this was removed. Was there something incorrect on the page? I'd like to see how we can resolve this.
- Hello Egatenholm,
- The page was removed following a discussion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Erik Gatenholm. At Articles for Deletion, editors will assess the article to see if it meets our guidelines and policies. After at least 7 days, 17 in this case, an uninvolved admin will determine the overall consensus of the discussion and close accordingly. In this case I determined the consensus to be to delete the article as it didn't meet our notability guidelines and was overly promotional. To prove notability there would need to be significant coverage in multiple independent, reliable sources.
- If you are the subject of this article you will have a conflict of interest. I would suggest reading our guidelines of autobiographies.
- If you have any more questions just ask and I'll be happy to help. Sarahj2107 (talk) 08:14, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for the fast response. The article was edited before it was deleted. Can we please go back to the unedited version as that one had many sources and was also no promotional in nature. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Egatenholm (talk • contribs) 08:36, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- I'm afraid not. The editors who took part in the deletion discussion will have looked at the history of the article and will have done an independent search for reliable sources before giving their opinion. It's isn't just the most recent version of the article that is looked at. Sarahj2107 (talk) 09:54, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for that update Sarah. But this is very surprising... the sources that are presented are BBC and many other globally reliable newspapers and media outlets. And none of the articles are paid or considered to be promotional or marketing.
Hi Sarahj2017. You revdeleted some content from Sahuarita Unified School District because it was flagged as a copyright violation by Whpq. appears to be a new editor who is employed by the school district and who has been assigned to update the article; unfortunately, Nathanl01444 seems to misunderstand WP:COPY and appears to have basically re-added the same content again. I've removed it, but was wondering if you'd take a look at it a revdelete anything that needs to be revdeleted. Perhaps you can also post something on Nathanl01444's explaining why they shouldn't do this again. I'm trying to keep the links to a minimum but the content appears to come from susd30
- Thanks for letting me know Marchjuly, I've done the revdel and left them a note. I'll keep an eye on the situation.Sarahj2107 (talk) 09:07, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for checking on this Sarahj2107 and thanks for taking the time to add a message on the editor's user talk page. FWIW, the Duplicator Detector showed quite a bit of overlap, but Earwig came up empty probably because of the way the source website is formatted. -- Marchjuly (talk) 10:01, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Mulpatrick, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Fitzpatrick (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)