|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
I have identified these in Lycaenidae.Will you fix them please.
- Sipaea redirect to Nesiostrymon
- Sterosis redirect to Liphyra Westwood, 1864
- Sublysandra redirect to Polyommatus
- Tajuria berensis redirect to Tajuria berenis
- Terra redirect to Nesiostrymon Clench, 1964
- Tigrinota redirect to Arawacus
- @Notafly: Got 'm. Let me know if I misunderstood anything or there's anything else I can help with. Keep up the good work. SchreiberBike | ⌨ 02:58, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
Hi! I think the taxonomy templates work like this, for disambiguation. I'll use Lithocharis as an example.
- If there's a template "template:taxonomy/Lithocharis" that is used for lepidoptera, then there would need to be another such as "template:taxonomy/Lithocharis (beetle)" if one was needed for the beetle. The template name is used only for template disambiguation. The template name (the part after the slash, "Lithocharis" or "Lithocharis (beetle)") is used in the Speciesbox or Automatic taxobox. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same as the article name (but it might be less confusing that way.)
- If there's an article "Lithocharis" and an article "Lithocharis (beetle)", you can use the template "template:taxonomy/Lithocharis" for either one by specifying either "Lithocharis" or "Lithocharis (beetle)|Lithocharis" in the template's link field. In this case, if you want to use it for the beetle, the name "Lithocharis (beetle)" should not appear in the Speciesbox or Automatic taxobox, only "Lithocharis". The name in the Speciesbox or Automatic taxobox is for the template, not the article.
- It's not unusual to need a disambiguation name for both the template and article, in which case you need two templates (such as "template:taxonomy/Lithocharis" and "template:taxonomy/Lithocharis (beetle)", and in the link fields "Lithocharis" in one and "Lithocharis (beetle)|Lithocharis" in the other
Since there's not currently a template used for the lepidoptera Lithocharis, there really only needs to be one template, not both "template:taxonomy/Lithocharis" and "template:taxonomy/Lithocharis (beetle)"
- @Bob: I am not comfortable at all with the automatic taxoboxes system. I saw that there was a link from the beetle species Lithocharis ochracea to its genus which went in error to the moth genus Euparyphasma. I was pleased enough with myself that I was able to change that to a red link instead of the error. I would be in your debt if you could clean up after me as you described above. I am not now able to figure it out for myself. Thank you, SchreiberBike | ⌨ 04:09, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
- It's all straight now (I think). Everything you did was correct from a content viewpoint, it just left an extra unused template file. I will point out that, while my explanation seemed perfectly clear when I wrote it, it sure is convoluted now!
Redirect request from Notafly
- Got it. Thanx. SchreiberBike | ⌨ 18:00, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi SchreiberBike, I just wanted to let you know that I have autopatrolled" permission to your account, as you have created numerous, valid articles. This feature will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to reduce the workload on new page patrollers. For more information on the autopatrolled right, see Wikipedia:Autopatrolled. Feel free to leave me a message if you have any questions. Happy editing! - TNT 💖 18:10, 13 October 2018 (UTC)the "