- 1 Archives
- 2 Disney Wonder
- 3 WikiProject Zoo
- 4 Disambiguation link notification for December 20
- 5 Regarding your posting of fraudulent speedy delete tags on new articles
- 6 Orphaned non-free image File:Sheetheads.jpg
- 7 Re:Kálmán Kéri still unreferenced
- 8 The Wikipedia Library needs you!
- 9 Project Zoo
- 10 This Friday: Women in Architecture edit-a-thon @ Cambridge, MA
- 11 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 12 I want to Participate in the WikiProject France/Paris
- 13 TWL HighBeam check-in
- 14 Europe 10,000 Challenge invite
- 15 Wikipedia:WikiProject United States/The 50,000 Challenge
- 16 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 17 Wikiproject Zoo mailing list
- 18 Link to cheese from list of French cheeses
Archive box ends here, please post below. Thanks.
Thanks for reverting my edit of the Disney Wonder's godmother (Tinker Bell). I was aboard the Disney Wonder (where it's spelled Tinkerbell) when I made the edit, but after doing some research, because of your reversion, I see that they have it spelled incorrectly on the ship. ETO Buff (talk) 08:43, 2 October 2014 (UTC)
I would like to know if you are still an active participant in the WP:ZOO, If you are please confirm by way of responding on my talk page and or Wikipedia:WikiProject Zoo/Members. I am just trying to get an idea of how many people are still engaged in the project as to better work out how to manage and address things that are listed in the project. Kind Regards Dan Koehl (talk) 10:58, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Curtis Allgier, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Kuna. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Greetings! I noticed that you posted a speedy delete tag on the article Temple of the Vampire, under the fraudulent pretense of criteria A7, a criteria that the article clearly does not meet. I then examined your user contributions and saw that you have done so with other articles as well. The placing of fraudulent speedy delete tags is a form of lying, and lying is a violation of Wikipedia's civility policy. Please refrain from placing fraudulent speedy delete tags on new articles in the future. Thank you. Best wishes! In Soviet Russia, babies eat YOU!! (talk) 04:57, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Sheetheads.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Sheetheads.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Re:Kálmán Kéri still unreferenced
"Maybe you could use the refs from the Hungarian wiki article, that would work."
The Wikipedia Library needs you!
We hope The Wikipedia Library has been a useful resource for your work. TWL is expanding rapidly and we need your help!
With only a couple hours per week, you can make a big difference for sharing knowledge. Please sign up and help us in one of these ways:
- Account coordinators: help distribute free research access
- Partner coordinators: seek new donations from partners
- Communications coordinators: share updates in blogs, social media, newsletters and notices
- Technical coordinators: advise on building tools to support the library's work
- Outreach coordinators: connect to university libraries, archives, and other GLAMs
- Research coordinators: run reference services
I write to you regarding Wikipedia:WikiProject Zoo/Members where you are presently listed under active members. The project is sadly rather inactive and in severe need of active members. Maybe you would kindly consider investing some efforts and time, as well as inspiring others? best regards, Dan Koehl (talk) 18:47, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
This Friday: Women in Architecture edit-a-thon @ Cambridge, MA
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:36, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
I want to Participate in the WikiProject France/Paris
Hi, I'm new here and want to contribute to Wikipedia. I'm a bit lost as well but I noticed you were part of "Wikipedia:WikiProject France/Paris". I would love to help out in any Paris related articles as I can, particularly in taking photos in Paris for various Paris related articles that have missing pictures. I would love to join the "WikiProject France/Paris" but more importantly I want to learn everything I need to know...
I'm born and live in Paris by the way and I speak fluent French as well. Hope you can help me out through chat or something outside of wikipedia.org since I have difficulty navigating the website (for now).
TWL HighBeam check-in
Hello Wikipedia Library Users,
You are receiving this message because the Wikipedia Library has record of you receiving a one-year subscription to HighBeam. This is a brief update to remind you about that access:
- Make sure that you can still log in to your HighBeam account; if you are having trouble feel free to contact me for more information. When your access expires you can reapply at WP:HighBeam.
- Remember, if you find this source useful for your Wikipedia work, make sure to include citations with links on Wikipedia: links to partner resources are one of the few ways we can demonstrate usage and demand for accounts to our partners. The greater the linkage, the greater the likelihood a useful partnership will be renewed. For more information about citing this source, see Wikipedia:HighBeam/Citations
- Write unusual articles using this partner's sources? Did access to this source create new opportunities for you in the Wikipedia community? If you have a unique story to share about your contributions, let us know and we can set up an opportunity for you to write a blog post about your work with one of our partner's resources.
Finally, we would greatly appreciate if you filled out this short survey. The survey helps us not only better serve you with facilitating this particular partnership, but also helps us discover what other partnerships and services the Wikipedia Library can offer.
Thank you. 20:32, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
Europe 10,000 Challenge invite
Hi. The Wikipedia:WikiProject Europe/The 10,000 Challenge has recently started, based on the UK/Ireland Wikipedia:The 10,000 Challenge. The idea is not to record every minor edit, but to create a momentum to motivate editors to produce good content improvements and creations and inspire people to work on more countries than they might otherwise work on. There's also the possibility of establishing smaller country or regional challenges for places like Germany, Italy, the Benelux countries, Iberian Peninsula, Romania, Slovenia etc, much like Wikipedia:The 1000 Challenge (Nordic). For this to really work we need diversity and exciting content and editors from a broad range of countries regularly contributing. If you would like to see masses of articles being improved for Europe and your specialist country like Wikipedia:WikiProject Africa/The Africa Destubathon, sign up today and once the challenge starts a contest can be organized. This is a way we can target every country of Europe, and steadily vastly improve the encyclopedia. We need numbers to make this work so consider signing up as a participant and also sign under any country sub challenge on the page that you might contribute to! Thank you. --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:09, 7 November 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia:WikiProject United States/The 50,000 Challenge
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Wikiproject Zoo mailing list
Hello! You are receiving this message because you have added yourself as a member of the Wikiproject Zoo. This is the first such message, however we hope that this can be used to coordinate editing and development of articles later down the road. If you wish to opt out of further messages remove yourself from the mailing list here , and if consider yourself not active within the project, please remove yourself from member list here. For Wikiproject Zoo general discussions and suggestions, please use the project talk page. (Delivered: 16:42, 27 January 2017 (UTC))
Link to cheese from list of French cheeses
What's wrong with a link to the wiki page on cheese from a page listing French cheeses? The french cheese list page doesn't explain what cheese is, the history, or how it's made, etc. Why did you revert my addition? I added the link because I ended up on the list of French cheeses somehow, and I couldn't find a link to cheese. There's nothing wrong with having a link, but in wiki rules, there shouldn't be multiple links to the same thing on the same page.Lkingscott (talk) 09:30, 20 March 2017 (UTC)