and probably cannot help you Wikipedia-wise if you need it. Please try elsewhere. Thanks!
I try to think the best about others...so try to think the best about me, OK?!?
I know I don't "own" the article and I don't edit war about it but it sometimes just breaks my heart.
[http://tools.wmflabs.org/sigma/editorinteract.py Editor Interaction Utility] http://tools.wmflabs.org/sigma/editorinteract.py
THOMAS JEFFERSON REFERENCING STYLE
How to PM someone in IRC: /msg username message
How to construct a Notes section: Look at Japanese battleship Musashi
Wikipedia:External links/Perennial websites
Useful links thingy(users' talkpages)
EMERGENCY E-MAIL addresses:
Code on how to use editing toolbar
== Adding references is easy == [[File:Wikipedia- Using Cite option from toolbar.jpg|thumb|450px|Just follow the steps 1, 2 and 3 as shown and fill in the details]] Here's how to [[WP:REFB|add references]] from [[WP:RS|reliable sources]] for the content you add to Wikipedia. This helps maintain our policy of [[Wikipedia:Verifiability|verifiability]]. Adding well formatted references is very easy to do. #While editing any article or a wikipage, on the top of the edit window you will see a [[Help:Edit toolbar|toolbar]] which says "'''Cite'''". #Click on it. #Then click on "'''Templates'''" #Choose the most appropriate template and '''fill in as many details as you can'''. This will add a well formatted reference that is helpful in case the [[URL|website link]] becomes [[Wikipedia:Link rot|inactive]] later. You can read more about it on [[Help:Edit toolbar]] or see this video [[:File:RefTools.ogv]].<br /> Hope this helps,
Code for DONE or YES(when answering an edit request)
List of battleships of Germany goodFL example for pro cyclists List http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battleships_of_Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Allie_Reynolds/GA1 User this for a GA Review Template
July 2010 version of 'List of professional cyclists who have died during a race' What this List looked like when I started
How to hat/answer an off-topic question at ref desks found here
HOW TO CONVERT A TALK PAGE FROM ClueBot III to lowercase sigmabot III
Welcome and introduction
Hi, Shearonink. This is NOT some automated message...it's from a real person. You can talk to me right now. Welcome to Wikipedia! I noticed you've just joined, and wanted to give you a few tips to get you started. If you have any questions, please talk to us. The tips below should help you to get started. Best of luck! 22:55, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Good luck with editing; please drop me a line some time on my own talk page.
There's lots of information below. Once again, welcome to the fantastic world of Wikipedia!
--22:55, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
A nice cup of...
Think before you post. Ok?...
Oh and ummmm...newer posts go at the bottom of the page. It's easy, just use the New Section tab up at the top.
I saw that too. I was asked if I could change the conviction to read "In 2000, prior to his involvement in the investment sector Achom and several others fell foul of the UK’s department of trade and industry and a conviction was secured against him and four other defendants at Southwark crown court in 2000. Subsequently, he was disqualified from holding UK directorships for eleven years."
Sound familiar? I turned that gig down as it was totally against guidelines, looks like someone took it though. I posted on his talk page a few days ago, saw he edited afterwards, so when I get home tonight I will have to go to COIN when I can post from my laptop and not my phone. 18:21, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- until the coi notice has been processed that editor is still around and can undo any work you.put in. Once he is dealt with it can be removed, until then I believe it is only fair to tell people to watch out for incorrect or misleading content. 23:14, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- If you respond to posts on the pages they are posted on, it keeps the discussion all in one place. Hard to keep track if discussions are fragmented.
- The notice could have been placed after I was done - I should be out of the page in maybe 10 minutes. I have no issues with it being placed on the article, but I do have an issue with it being placed on the article in the middle of an overhaul/editing process. Moving on - I'll be done at the Achom article shortly and this will all be moot. Shearonink (talk) 23:31, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- Your comment makes a lot more sense in that context, totally get it. It is all good. 02:52, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
- Oh that's sad. I couldn't find any references or news about it when it first appeared in the article and did a couple of different searches (you know...name death, name obituary and so on). Surprised the news hadn't appeared in Variety/Billboard/Hollywood Reporter/LA Times yet... I mean, if it was I sure couldn't find it at the time. When the IP added it to her article they didn't provide a reference. Sad to hear it's true, Miss Nixon was a great talent and, from everything I've heard, a wonderful person and great mentor. Shearonink (talk) 14:47, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, it took a while to be sourceable. I just stumbled upon it actually. The name rang a a bell and, as is my habit, checked for a WP page about her. The source was already there actually, added by 18.104.22.168 (talk · contribs), but not 'cited'. So I just added some appropriate text, cited properly, and so it goes. I once found a professor who had been dead for months, but apparently no one on WP noticed. I even emailed his University(?) to check that he was the person who died, source was a bit ambiguous - 220 of Borg 15:21, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
IRC help needed...
Anyone watching my talkpage - I can't seem to remember my password for IRC. Is there any way to recover my nick? I signed up so long ago, I can't remember... I do like to have that plus sign next to my name in "help"... Thanks, Shearonink (talk) 15:59, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
....See ^^^ above. Is there any way to recover a lost password to IRC? I'm still me, just haven't been in there in so long I can't remember what my password is... Yes, yes, I know that technically IRC isn't actually part of WP but am hoping someone knows the answer... Thanks, Shearonink (talk) 23:10, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
- This isn't much of a Wikipedia question. You can ask at #freenode connect; people there may know how to recover a password (or whether it's impossible). Since you apparently already had a Wikipedia cloak, you can probably also get it transferred to a new registered nick if you have to go that route. Huon (talk) 23:29, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
- I thought so. The age-old Catch-22...WP uses IRC extensively but IRC isn't really part of WP etc., etc. I wonder if there are any WP-associated/chan-ops? Anyone know?...ah but yes, I have to ask that question and hopefully get an answer on IRC/freenode. Thanks anyway. Shearonink (talk) 23:41, 27 July 2016 (UTC)