If I have posted a question on your talk page, I would be appreciative if you would reply there, and vice versa, so as to keep the conversation in one place. Thank you!
I saw your edit summary here of "The roster should be substituted rather than transcluded for the 2013-14 season as the roster changes year by year if a template is transcluded then 10 years from now someone will see the roster of 2024." Typically, the substitution is done at the end of the season (or playoffs in Memphis' case) to avoid the problem you identified. With a template, we can avoid having to maintain the roster in multiple articles, i.e. both 2013–14 Memphis Grizzlies season and Memphis Grizzlies. I'm in the process of changing season articles to use the template for those teams still in the playoffs. Feel free to substitute once a team is eliminated from the playoffs. Cheers.—Bagumba (talk) 00:29, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
Daniel Negreanu in HSP
The one bloody time in the last few years we interact and it's me being corrected! Bah! I do hope you're doing well, though. Wishing you the best. JaeDyWolf ~ Baka-San (talk) 15:37, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- lol sorry, I'm fine, been busy though, every once in a while I look at my watchlist and saw the edit and remembered the episodes with Negreanu :) Thank you for the kind words I hope everything is well with you too.▪◦▪≡SiREX≡Talk 16:44, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
Due to your extensive editorial involvment in 2013–14 Utah Jazz season, I hope you might be willing comment at Wikipedia:Featured article candidates/Trey Burke/archive1, which has been open 19 days without any substantive commentary.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 03:36, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
Some new article I made
I noticed youre into poker. I made some long over due articles on Isaac Haxton and Alex Millar. Thought you might be interested. Valoem talk contrib 02:14, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
- Hey very very awesome work!, I been meaning to create a Haxton article for a long time but never got around to it in part because I felt to do his article justice it has to be large, I didn't want it to end up as a stub or start, but I think I was wrong it must start at some point maybe I being lazy (I have list of poker notables that still do not have articles) the other reason is when used to play for real money online money I was much more motivated to make articles, I still love poker but dislike the way my government striped my freedoms, I not gonna rant any longer but I hope to work to make or improve articles some time soon, I hope the spark will come back for me. again well done on the long long over due article!▪◦▪≡SiREX≡Talk 07:21, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks! I was planning on working on Ben Sulsky and Douglas Polk next. Valoem talk contrib 18:09, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
Hey I restored the Party Poker page I hope you could help me with some expansions! Valoem talk contrib 20:58, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi Sirex98! As a Steward I'm involved in the upcoming unification of all accounts organized by the Wikimedia Foundation (see m:Single User Login finalisation announcement). By looking at your account, I realized that you don't have a global account yet. In order to secure your name, I recommend you to create such account on your own by submitting your password on Special:MergeAccount and unifying your local accounts. If you have any problems with doing that or further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on my talk page. Cheers, —DerHexer (Talk) 22:18, 18 January 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for your very useful report at the SPI, Sirex. At first, I read your sentence about mentoring as "Beeblebrox asked for a mentor/advisor for DegenFarang and was acceped by a madman" — having read up on DegenFarang, I could almost agree! ;-) Bishonen | talk 09:40, 6 July 2015 (UTC).
- Opps! I should had written it as user:madman That's funny, I think if you weren't mad before dealing with DF you would likely be afterwards, It's unfortunate that he behaves in the very way that he complains about. He is intelligent and could had been an excellent contributor to the encyclopedia if he really wanted to. ▪◦▪≡SiREX≡Talk 13:03, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for January 6
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Finding Your Roots, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Bill O’Reilly (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 09:38, 6 January 2016 (UTC)
Greetings. I have not been active in quite some time on Wikipedia but noticed today that an article was created this week for Allen Kessler. Currently he still has no bracelets, no WPT wins, no 7 figure scores. He has won WSOPC rings. Being a tour grinder, he does have a boatload of cashes and over 3 million in prize earnings. The question is, is he done enough yet to be notable? --Pparazorback (talk) 04:22, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
- He is a fairly well known player, missed out I believe a three times getting a bracelet coming in 2nd not every pro wins a championship be it sports or poker, with $3.2 million in earnings with decades of playing at the highest level, I don't see why he wouldn't be notable. my two cents.▪◦▪≡SiREX≡Talk 06:19, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
- Not opposed to the existence of the article. Just didn't know how strict the project was on inclusion criteria as the way it is spelled out, he would not be notable. I used to be a fairly active editor years ago with over 5000 edits mostly dealing with WP:HOCKEY and remember the tons of AFD discussions there. Thanks -Pparazorback (talk) 07:05, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
- I know there might be disagreements, I guess if it get afd we're find out what happens, but it's my opinion he is a notable poker player, The WPT bay 101 tournament for example will assign notables as shooting stars for bounties, Kessler has been one of them, to me if the industry that a person is in recognize them as a notable along with other recognized pros like Daniel Negreanu, Erik Seidel, Mike Matusow, Mike Sexton & Nam Le etc than it goes a long way to show that he is not just a typical player. .▪◦▪≡SiREX≡Talk
Agree with Sirex98, Allen Kessler is a noteable player and is "article-worthy". Balz150 (talk) 12:05, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
Jason Mercier Article
Regarding WSOP final table count for Jason Mercier... I reduced Final Table count to 17. This information is from http://www.wsop.com/players/playerProfile.asp?playerID=42898. Jason has 18 finishes of 9th or better, however the 2014 $10K Triple Draw Lowball event was a 6-handed final table.
Balz150 (talk) 12:03, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
- ok good catch. ▪◦▪≡SiREX≡Talk 00:32, 19 June 2016 (UTC)