- 1 Mysterious edit
- 2 Group (mathematics)
- 3 Schizophrenia
- 4 Toolserveraccount
- 5 Psychotherapy
- 6 Major depressive disorder FAC restarted
- 7 Editor review
- 8 Re: Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- 9 award
- 10 Attachment therapy
- 11 Fafafa feed flub?
- 12 Nomination of Chet Ramey for deletion
- 13 Fafafa feeds down?
- 14 Selected Anniversaries feed problems
- 15 Speedy deletion nomination of Virtual Computer
- 16 Invitation to events in June and July: bot, script, template, and Gadget makers wanted
- 17 WP Psychology in the Signpost
- 18 Thanks for renaming ADIR
- 19 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 20 Category:The Bear Quartet has been nominated for discussion
As I say, "This editor sometimes leaves annotations for sources, most often in articles on biological taxa. If you do not know what these mean, ask. Many refer to source material that is freely available online."
I had used that source for the article on Greater Rheas, but I believe you psychology guys may find it interesting also. It discusses a practical application of classical conditioning: to make captive-bred, "Kaspar Hauser"- etc animals fear predators again. This is very useful when you want to reintroduce such animals into the wild. (It does not work well with the more intelligent ones - great apes, parrots, corvids. These only get Little Alberted, unfortunately)
Simply try Googling for the data I annotated. If you run into problems, my Talk page has a link at the top where you can resolve abbreviations of journal titles. Dysmorodrepanis (talk) 10:00, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
not sure if you can help, but the article on Algebra groups has an interesting type "fuckship". Perhaps you can get this corrected. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 17:50, 5 November 2008
- I'm guessing you are referring to this. Yes, this type vandalism of featured articles is common. Fortunately another editor was there to reverse! /skagedal... 21:47, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
Hi skagedal!Many thanks indeed for your welcoming message!I ma also delighted to learn of your Chennai connection.Perhaps when you are here next we can meet up!
Being the brother-in law of a psychiatrist,I consulted him and he suggested those refrerences as he seemed to believe that we shoudl point out the specific symptoms which make suicide mor leikely in teh condition.But I shall be guided by your views.Regrads(RNaidu (talk) 07:01, 9 November 2008 (UTC))
- Perhaps it's because I'm untrained in psychology or psychiatry, but I'd describe myself as experiencing massive déja vu. Please see your correspondent's talk page, and the links therefrom. -- Hoary (talk) 13:17, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
please send your real-name, your wikiname, your Freenode-nick (if you have one), your prefered login-name and the public part of your ssh-key to . We plan to create your account soon then. --DaB. 16:05, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
I'm not sure where the discussion on this is taking place now - but one thing worth bearing in mind is that "psychotherapy" can mean different things in different countries. We came across this when looking at child psychotherapies. In the USA it tends to mean all therapies whereas in the UK it tends to mean those deriving from psychoanalysis. The source for this (Gross) did say though that the distinction was less clear now than it used to be.Fainites barley 22:51, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- Aha, thanks! I was thinking about that e.g. some advocates of behavior therapy mignt not see themselves as working with "psychotherapy", but I didn't know there were regional differences. Could you perhaps give me the precise source? Btw, I think the preferrable place for discussion of this would be Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Psychology. /skagedal... 08:20, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
Major depressive disorder FAC restarted
Note to all !voters on the original Major depressive disorder FAC: The FAC for that article has been restarted at Wikipedia:Featured_article_candidates/Major_depressive_disorder. Cosmic Latte (talk) 02:33, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- I am not fussed whether bulleted or not, but I think you are right in that it is a little easier to navigate. The best thing I find otherwise is striking stuff promptly. I will be going to bed in the next 20 min or so. I am exhausted but am trying to get as much done as possible as I can't do anything till later in the day tomorrow. Cheers, Casliber (talk · contribs) 12:53, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
I've placed myself on editor review at Wikipedia:Editor_review/Cosmic_Latte, and I'm reaching out for feedback to editors who seem to be reasonably familiar with my work. If you have a moment to comment there, your feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks, Cosmic Latte (talk) 06:12, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for the notifications! /skagedal... 08:20, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for the editor review. It was reasonable and helpful, and I'll keep your comments in mind. Also, I very much appreciate your contributions to the MDD article and FAC--you've had a lot of excellent things to say, and I feel the article has improved as a result! Cosmic Latte (talk) 02:29, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
Re: Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
Hello. Thanks for the notification. I won't be joining the discussion because I have little knowledge about the capitalization/naming conventions for this subject. I performed the move back in 2007 only because of an uncontested move request at the Help Desk. (Please see the archive entry here.) I don't have any objection to a move to a more appropriate title, when consensus is formed. Take care, --PeaceNT (talk) 15:03, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for this! (One and a half year later :) ) /skagedaltalk 12:21, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
Skagedal, I wonder if you could give me a hand here, being a clear thinking sort of person. I'm struggling with this article on a (mainly USA) pseudoscience called 'attachment therapy'. Fortunately there are a number of excellent peer-reviewed sources about it, but I'm struggling with the names. The proponents and users and critics call it 'attachment therapy' (even though its not actually based on attachment theory). Unfortunately, in clinical literature, especially in non-USA countries, all sorts of attachment based therapies are sometimes loosely called 'attachment therapy' To make things worse, the non-attachment therapy practitioners used to call their therapies 'attachment-based' therapy to distinguish themselves from attachment therapy, but of course attachment therapy proponents have now started doing that too. Could you read the lead and tell me if you come out of it clear about what the article is about or not? Grateful thanks Fainites barleyscribs 22:00, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Fafafa feed flub?
Hi there—I noticed your Featured anniversary feed on the toolserver is a little buggered today (August 4) in that it includes the boilerplate intended for editors. I don't know if this is just a temporary glitch, or they are now generating HTML that breaks some of your parser's assumptions, but I thought you might like to know. Also, a belated thank you for these feeds—they're an integral part of my Twitterbot, through a ridiculously convoluted collection of cron jobs, Yahoo! Pipes, and Twitterfeed. I can probably work around the boilerplate issue if you're unable to fix it. Thanks again! —johndburger 15:21, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi! Wow, awesome Twitterbot! It seems something's changed, because the glitch remains today. I'll look into it, thanks for telling me! /skagedaltalk 19:13, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
# ASSUMPTION: documentation div on SA pages start with '<div style="border', and is the only such div. # This assumption is likely to change...
Nomination of Chet Ramey for deletion
A discussion has begun about whether the article Chet Ramey, which you created or to which you contributed, should be deleted. While contributions are welcome, an article may be deleted if it is inconsistent with Wikipedia policies and guidelines for inclusion, explained in the deletion policy.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Chet Ramey until a consensus is reached, and you are welcome to contribute to the discussion. Msnicki (talk) 00:25, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
Fafafa feeds down?
Hey there—the feeds haven't updated since January 21. Maybe just a cron problem? Thanks. —johndburger 02:59, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry about this. Yes, a cron problem. I just ran the script manually and hopefully fixed the crontab, let's see if it updates correctly tonight... Thanks for reporting! /skagedaltalk 20:54, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
Selected Anniversaries feed problems
Hi! It looks like the selected anniversaries feed has, for the past few weeks, not been displaying the right pages. It's been displaying the staging area instead of the final articles - maybe something to do with the time the script is run? (I posted this on the Fafa page, but realised you probably wouldn't see it.) --18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:07, 22 April 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the notice - sorry about the late reply. I will have a look at this. /skagedaltalk 14:30, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Virtual Computer
A tag has been placed on Virtual Computer requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section A7 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article appears to be about an organization or company, but it does not indicate how or why the subject is important or significant: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. Under the criteria for speedy deletion, such articles may be deleted at any time. Please see the guidelines for what is generally accepted as notable.
If you think that this notice was placed here in error, contest the deletion by clicking on the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". Doing so will take you to the talk page where you will find a pre-formatted place for you to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. You can also visit the the page's talk page directly to give your reasons, but be aware that once tagged for speedy deletion, if the page meets the criterion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself, but don't hesitate to add information to the page that would render it more in conformance with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, you can contact one of these administrators to request that the administrator userfy the page or email a copy to you. jæs (talk) 16:25, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
Invitation to events in June and July: bot, script, template, and Gadget makers wanted
I invite you to the yearly Berlin hackathon, 1-3 June. Registration is now open. If you need financial assistance or help with visa or hotel, then please register by May 1st and mention it in the registration form.
We want to bring 100-150 people together, including lots of people who have not attended such events before. User scripts, gadgets, API use, Toolserver, Wikimedia Labs, mobile, structured data, templates -- if you are into any of these things, we want you to come!
I also thought you might want to know about other upcoming events where you can learn more about MediaWiki customization and development, how to best use the web API for bots, and various upcoming features and changes. We'd love to have power users, bot maintainers and writers, and template makers at these events so we can all learn from each other and chat about what needs doing.
Check out the the developers' days preceding Wikimania in July in Washington, DC and our other events.
Best wishes! - Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation's Volunteer Development Coordinator. Please reply on my talk page, here or at mediawiki.org. Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator 02:54, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
WP Psychology in the Signpost
The WikiProject Report would like to focus on WikiProject Psychology for a Signpost article. This is an excellent opportunity to draw attention to your efforts and attract new members to the project. Would you be willing to participate in an interview? If so, here are the questions for the interview. Just add your response below each question and feel free to skip any questions that you don't feel comfortable answering. Multiple editors will have an opportunity to respond to the interview questions, so be sure to sign your answers. If you know anyone else who would like to participate in the interview, please share this with them. Have a great day. –Mabeenot (talk) 01:11, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for renaming ADIR
The same editor who misnamed that article also moved "Childhood Autism Rating Scale" to Childhood-autism rating scale, in case you're interested in fixing that one also. Thanks. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 19:28, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- Well spotted. That one I could not move directly, so listed at WP:RM. Hope you'll decide to create a user account! That way, you'd (soon) be able to move pages and other stuff yourself. Also see my comment at User_talk:Coreyemotela#Incorrect_names_for_tests. /skagedaltalk 06:13, 29 June 2014 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:14, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Category:The Bear Quartet has been nominated for discussion
Category:The Bear Quartet, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. A discussion is taking place to see if it abides with the categorization guidelines. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the categories for discussion page. Thank you. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 05:04, 30 January 2016 (UTC)