- 1 Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
- 2 Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
- 3 RE: List of Casualty Characters
- 4 Holby list
- 5 Disambiguation link notification for August 12
- 6 Holby City (series 17)
- 7 Reference Errors on 12 January
- 8 Disambiguation link notification for February 28
- 9 List of Casualty characters
- 10 Holby
- 11 Casualty (series 30)
- 12 ArbCom elections are now open!
Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
May I ask why you delete information that I put in from the Stations of the RER?
May I remind you that this is an encyclopaedic article, which is aimed at the general public.
- Alastair, the problem is that a lot of the information which you have added about the various stations is not of relevance to the article, and a lot of it is needlessly duplicated. It is simply unnecessary to include information about disabled access at intermediate stations (that sort of information is purely unencyclopaedic and quite honestly un-noteworthy). That sort of information would be more appropriate on the company's website than on Wikipedia, as is information about access to workshop buildings and the like - we can take it as a given that access is restricted. Also, is it really necessary to include the line diagram on each individual station's page? There is already the information box at the foot of each page, noting the station's location in relation to the others. Also, we do not need the diagram on the main R&ER page twice. I am still not particularly convinced about it having "collapsible" sections between stations, as all this succeeds in doing is restricting the amount of information which is given.
- When editing Wikipedia, I try to stick to the maxim - use what is useful; discard what is not.
- Skarloey (talk) 19:03, 25 December 2012 (UTC)
Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway
Hello. There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you.
RE: List of Casualty Characters
Following your message on my page about Connie's return and saying her first ep was 26/12/04; Casualty@Holby City episodes don't count however after looking into it, Connie appeared in Casualty in 2007 (9 September) so that would be her first appearance.
Following your message on my page about nicknames; I think we should have there names on List of Casualty characters as they are on the 'Wikipedia character pages' (Characters of Casualty) so Dixie is Dixie Dixon, Big Mac is Big Mac, Fletch is Fletch, Ash is Martin Ashford & Lofty is Lofty
Did you not see my above message? Either we use what it says on their page or we just use their nicknames! And Connie's first ep was 9 September 2007! I have made the edit; moved Connie, changed
- Martin "Ash" Ashford to Martin Ashford
- Kathleen "Dixie" Dixon to Dixie Dixon
- Mackenzie "Big Mac" Chalker to Big Mac
- Adrian "Fletch" Fletcher to Fletch
- Ben "Lofty" Chiltern to Lofty
- I have commented on Soaper1234's talk page, but having popped over to inform you of my comment and seeing the discussion here, I think it is best to put it all over here. Anyway, repeating my comment from the other page, I have to agree with you on the naming conventions. Full names and nicknames should be detailed on the list, which is also as per the titles and Casualty website. I would appreciate your views and Soaper1234's on this. Also, I believe Connie's first appearance should be the Casualty@Holby City episode. Adamiow (talk) 18:22, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello there. I just added Paula back to the list. Are you good at analysing credits? When you are glued to the soaps like myself, you can spot who is regular/recurring/guest quite easy. But you did not need me to tell you that. She is listed with Amy, Jesse, Estelle in the credits so there is little point excluding her. I was confused as to why you chose exclude a recurring character. So I will ask you what your reasoning was. You may notice I chose to work on Holby City articles again. I know I make changes, shake it up a little. But with all the articles I create, surely you can just see I like to really make the most of my editing time. We can work together to improve them now. If you would like to? Plus you have been fending off vandalism on the lists for like... forever. So I am not trying to take over. I feel like thanking you for remaining consistent! Frickative is long gone and the lists and articles could have been in a much worse state. Just though I would make that point as you seemed concerned I was running my "own personal fiefdom". I did have to google that word. :)Rain the 1 00:07, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. What we really need is a combined effort for consistency across the articles. According to precedent, we've not included family members and the like in the Casualty and Holby lists. I'm all for including them - as long as we can cobble together a table of all the family and friends who have appeared in a recurring capacity over the years. If we were going to do that, I'd personally prefer a separate table from the current recurring one, to keep hospital staff members and their relations apart, for neatness rather than anything else. Obviously, there's the difficulty in getting access to all cast lists for episodes, as from experience I've found that IMDb isn't always the most reliable source for Holby. You're right, we do need to work together to improve the articles, and I'm sure there's a few other editors who can be rallied together to work on them too. Really, my priorities would be that we ensure that the articles remain fairly clutter-free and consistent. I agree that we need to work on getting more stuff sourced - one of the main stumbling blocks is the fact that a lot of the official BBC stuff isn't particularly up to date, consistent, or reliable (staff's roles in their profiles on the Casualty and Holby websites), and the Holby.tv character profiles aren't always that reliable either.
- Keep fighting the good fight! Skarloey (talk) 20:30, 18 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Casualty (series 29), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Porter. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Holby City (series 17)
Hi. As you didn't leave an edit summary, could I ask why you removed the columns from the cast list in the Holby City (series 17) article? It's not a big deal, but I thought the page did look better with them. - JuneGloom Talk 20:49, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Hi. I like the idea but it looked a little untidy/unclear with characters being spread over several lines each. Think I'll have a play around in my sandbox with it, to see if there's a way to do it that would just be a little easier to read at first glance. Alternatively, we could try a table format, like the character list page? Skarloey (talk) 20:53, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- I had a go at putting together a table for the Series 16 cast a couple of weeks ago - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Skarloey/sandbox#Cast Skarloey (talk) 20:57, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
Reference Errors on 12 January
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
- On the United Kingdom general election, 2015 page, your edit caused an unnamed parameter error (help) and an unsupported parameter error (help). (Fix | Ask for help)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Holby City (series 17), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Guy Henry (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
After the continued problems with deputy clinical lead and others bits, just wondered if you think it would be worth getting semi protection put on the page for a while? Adamiow (talk) 13:48, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- Might well be worth it - it does seem to be the anonymous editors causing the problems. Skarloey (talk) 23:52, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello there. I just wondered if you could keep an eye on the main Holby character list. Lucy Mottica keeps being removed but on the actress' twitter she states she is still filming, states she will be back on-screen soon and appears to have relocated for the role.Rain the 1 09:40, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- Interesting - I'll keep an eye out for any more definitive sources. Wonder if she's coming back as a regular? They've done that sort of thing quite a few times in recent years (Sacha, Frieda, Mary-Claire, Essie, Dominic amongst others). Skarloey (talk) 12:35, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
Casualty (series 30)
I was just wondering what to do about the characters cast list, as I sourced all the characters when I remade the article. However, it appears an edit war has begun, as I removed unsourced content regarding three characters. I've given up, as I don't like getting involved in edit wars, and was told by the editor not to undo his edit - but as you said in the edit history: "can't source it, don't add it." I've stated that a source is needed, but my message appears to have gone on deaf ears. Shall I just leave the unsourced content where it is, as like the editor said: "It's easy to assume." Apologies that I've come to you with this, I didn't know who else to go to though. Many thanks, and thank you for helping to keep Casualty (series 30) a clean article. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:50, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:00, 23 November 2015 (UTC)