There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you.
regarding valuation (auditing)
Thanks for your review in the page valuation (auditing), however, i would like to request for some clarification in this topic.
Valuation (finance): is the process of determining value of assets and liability by the management appearing the balance sheet of the company whereas valuation (auditing): is the review process of value determined by the management of the assets and liability appearing in the balance sheet.
They are distinct concept and related with independent field of study. Need your coordination and consideration
Thanks in advance Nirjal Shrestha
Request for help
Hi David. We worked together years ago to create the Feingold Diet page. I haven't been active on Wikipedi for a few years but now that I am retired I thought I would come back to update these pages. Most of what I had written was removed because now they don't want research but only reviews of research; I can understand that. However, when I tried to fix the sentence on the Feingold biography page, Alexbrn removed it. The sentence (under the Feingold Diet heading) currently says:
"Although the diet was popular, scientific research found no good evidence that it was effective."
The footnote is for the Kavale & Forness review in 1983. As I'm sure you are aware, 4 decades of research have been done since then and a new review would be appropriate. However, the new reviews mostly conclude that the diet IS effective. Alexbrn removed my correction to the sentence. He characterized the newer reviews as from "fringe publications" since anybody who believes that the diet can work is supporting a "fringe position" (Clinical Pediatrics? American Acad of Pediatrics?) and said the Feingold Association should be "shunned" and etc. He even removed the link to the Feingold Association and to the archive of Dr. Feingold's scientific publications. He said that the NPOV tutorial I quoted was an "obscure essay" ... what can I do now? Am I stuck with this prejudiced person as editor? Shulae (talk) 00:36, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Shula, it's been quite a while! There are a number of options open to you; the dispute resolution process will show you plenty of possibilities. I'll take a look at the recent edits and discussion, and give my opinion. It might be worthwhile to get some people from a relevant medical WikiProject involved, or to initiate a request for comment. --Slashme (talk) 07:00, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
- Update: I've taken a look at Talk:Feingold diet, and I think you can take the discussion in a more positive direction by selecting the two most reliable and convincing review articles that you have, and explaining clearly but concisely what they say and why they make the 1983 review obsolete. --Slashme (talk) 07:19, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
- Good idea but I am unsure where to do it. On the Ben Feingold page itself? The Talk Page? BTW, I got a notice dated July 20 that Dr. Feingold's picture was being listed for discussion for deletion .... I thought that ownership of the picture was resolved in 2006 and am wondering if this means the entire page is going to be deleted. Can they do that? Shulae (talk) 16:44, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
- I'd recommend that you do it at Talk:Feingold diet. As for Dr. Feingold's picture being listed for deletion, that doesn't have any connection to the notability of his article. It just means that there was a lack of clarity about the copyright status. --Slashme (talk) 16:49, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
- I've installed an add-on called Twinkle that allows me to click on a menu at the top of a user's talk page to welcome them, warn them of inappropriate behaviour, or otherwise leave automated messages for them (among many other really useful features). But you don't need Twinkle to do that: you can just type a message containing a talkback template on their page. Another, simpler method is to use the ping template - this won't leave a talk-page message, so it's a bit more subtle, but it will give the user a notification that they're being talked about. I think you also get a notification if someone links your name - so if I type [[User:Shulae]] - like this: User:Shulae, you should get a notification. This time, I won't leave a talkback notice on your talk page - let me know if you see a notification. --Slashme (talk) 18:27, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
- Followup: I followed your advice (okay, I used 3 new reviews instead of only 2, but they were very recent) ... and the only response was from the same guy who kept reverting my changes to the doctor's page. Now he says I am "cherry picking." I don't even know what that means. I would like to invite some other reviewers to comment, at the very least, since this guy has obviously got an axe to grind. How do I do that? Also, I wanted to add a talkback or a ping to make sure you were notified of my answer but got tangled up in the directions. I know it should be simple but somehow it is not. Is there some other next step I should follow? Shulae (talk) 15:58, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
A cup of tea for you!
|Thanks David (aka Slashme) for the review/edit on Ashbel Welch, much appreciated. Cheers! Risk Engineer (talk) 12:16, 5 August 2016 (UTC) |}
Please comment on Talk:Orders of magnitude (acceleration)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Orders of magnitude (acceleration). Legobot (talk) 04:25, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
Allow me to suggest you to read " manmer2.blogspot.com/2015/06/middayexpress-withdrawal-ban.html " in order to understand who is user:AcidSnow and the problems he has created around the voice "Italian Mogadishu" (he has pinged user Vituzzu in order to erase this voice!). He is an "underground" supporter of ISIS/Al-Shabaab inside our en.wikipedia, and is linked to a banned user called Middayexpress and others. He is also connected with Vituzzu: if you want information on this second "crazy" person, please go to " manmer2.blogspot.com/2016/02/vito-criccaroli-rats.html "....sincerely, BD — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 19:59, 10 August 2016 (UTC)