|30 August 2018|
|User rights modified||21|
- 1 Graham Coxon Deletion Log
- 2 File:Rudolf Vrba, Prague, 1946.jpg
- 3 Administrators' newsletter – September 2018
- 4 Please comment on Talk:Machine Intelligence Research Institute
- 5 Rudolf Vrba
- 6 A barnstar for you!
- 7 BLPN RFC about naming accused in Mattress Performance (Carry That Weight)
- 8 Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)
- 9 Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Interface administrators
Graham Coxon Deletion Log
[UPDATE]: SlimVirgin: Were you able to obtain further clarification from user/representative? I am inclined to re-instate the 'Personal Life' session on the page, but refrain from including the 2016 information. I would value your thoughts on the matter before proceeding. Was there additional known information that made you go through with the deletion log?
Regarding the deletion log on BLP Graham Coxon, user Suzi Grossman should provide further clarification on claim that 'the section about him having a daughter born in 2016 is factually incorrect our client sees this as abusive and is causing upset to him and his family'. Several other sources cite the birth of a child on 2016. User should clarify whether (a) the year of birth is inaccurate or (b) reports about the birth were fictitious and fall under vandalism guidelines. In case of the latter, record should be made that such reports reports are in fact false so that other publications can make similar revisions. Furthermore, the information on remainder of the session ('personal life') are citable and verifiable so removal of the whole paragraph was arguably not necessary unless user has provided further reasoning. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:49, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, I see no harm in restoring the "personal life" minus the material sourced to a tabloid, and so long as it isn't dated; beware of "he currently lives with', when the source is 2012 (and never say "currently" in articles). And I can't see the point of the sentence about the fire, but that's an editorial decision. Just make sure the sources are high-quality and up-to-date; don't add anything if there aren't very good sources. SarahSV (talk) 19:21, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi, I'm RonBot, a script that checks new non-free file uploads. I have found that the subject image that you recently uploaded was more than 5% in excess of the Non-free content guideline size of 100,000 pixels. I have tagged the image for a standard reduction, which (for jpg/gif/png/svg files) normally happens within a day. Please check the reduced image, and make sure that the image is not excessively corrupted. Other files will be added to Category:Wikipedia non-free file size reduction requests for manual processing. There is a full seven-day period before the original oversized image will be hidden; during that time you might want to consider editing the original image yourself (perhaps an initial crop to allow a smaller reduction or none at all). A formula for calculation the desired size can be found at WP:Image resolution, along with instructions on how to tag the image in the rare cases that it requires an oversized image (typically about 0.2% of non-free uploads are tagged as necessarily oversized). Please contact the bot owner if you have any questions, or you can ask them at Wikipedia talk:Non-free content. RonBot (talk) 17:15, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (August 2018).
- Because of a data centre test you will be able to read but not edit the wikis for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October. This will start at 14:00 (UTC). You might lose edits if you try to save during this time. The time when you can't edit might be shorter than an hour.
- Some abuse filter variables have changed. They are now easier to understand for non-experts. The old variables will still work but filter editors are encouraged to replace them with the new ones. You can find the list of changed variables on mediawiki.org. They have a note which says
Deprecated. Use ... instead. An example is
article_textwhich is now
- Abuse filters can now use how old a page is. The variable is
- The Arbitration Committee has resolved to perform a round of Checkuser and Oversight appointments. The usernames of all applicants will be shared with the Functionaries team, and they will be requested to assist in the vetting process. The deadline to submit an application is 23:59 UTC, 12 September, and the candidates that move forward will be published on-wiki for community comments on 18 September.
Please comment on Talk:Machine Intelligence Research Institute
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Machine Intelligence Research Institute. Legobot (talk) 04:30, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi there, I just fixed a ref error that cropped up during one of your recent edits at Rudolf Vrba. I couldn't actually tell if the text was supposed to be a note or a hidden editorial aside (I went with the former). It's the text "Note Pinhas Freudiger at Eichmann trial" in the Distribution section. Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case I misunderstood your intent. Thanks, Jessicapierce (talk) 03:46, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Jessica, thanks for spotting that. I intended it as an editorial aside, so I'll take a look now and adjust as needed. Thanks again. SarahSV (talk) 03:51, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|Thank you for your work on Jan Grabowski (historian). It's a much much better article, after your rewrite. K.e.coffman (talk) 03:24, 8 September 2018 (UTC)|
BLPN RFC about naming accused in Mattress Performance (Carry That Weight)
Hi, Sarah. This discussion on WP:BLPN is discussing whether we should name the accused in that article. (Rather disingenuously, of course, since it also names him in the discussion title; but so it goes.) Since you were the one who wrote the Talk:Mattress Performance (Carry That Weight)/FAQ entry that says we shouldn't, I'm guessing you may have an opinion, and should be notified. Also, I am personally interested in your opinion, as you tend to have well reasoned arguments about such things (otherwise, I will likely be convinced by Shock Brigade Harvester Boris's argument). --GRuban (talk) 14:47, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know, but I think I'll sit this one out. I took that article off my watchlist a while ago and would prefer not to comment again. SarahSV (talk) 03:33, 12 September 2018 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy). Legobot (talk) 04:31, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Interface administrators
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Interface administrators. Legobot (talk) 04:30, 20 September 2018 (UTC)