2013: Jan · Feb · Mar · Apr · May · Jun · Jul · Aug · Sep · Oct · Nov · Dec
|5 August 2017|
|User rights modified||18|
News and updates for administrators from the past month (July 2017).
- Anarchyte • GeneralizationsAreBad • Cullen328 (first RfA to reach WP:300)
- Cprompt • Rockpocket • Rambo's Revenge • Animum • TexasAndroid • Chuck SMITH • MikeLynch • Crazytales • Ad Orientem
- Following a series of discussions around new pages patrol, the WMF is helping implement a controlled autoconfirmed article creation trial as a research experiment, similar to the one proposed in 2011. You can learn more about the research plan at meta:Research:Autoconfirmed article creation trial. The exact start date of the experiment has yet to be determined.
- A new speedy deletion criterion, regarding articles created as a result undisclosed paid editing, is currently being discussed (permalink).
- An RfC (permalink) is currently open that proposes expanding WP:G13 to include all drafts, even if they weren't submitted through Articles for Creation.
- LoginNotify should soon be deployed to the English Wikipedia. This will notify users when there are suspicious login attempts on their account.
- The new version of XTools is nearing an official release. This suite of tools includes administrator statistics, an improved edit counter, among other tools that may benefit administrators. You can report issues on Phabricator and provide general feedback at mw:Talk:XTools.
Hi Sarah. Just wanted to check on this article as I noticed that you had concerns over sexism and balance in the sourcing. I know you said that you were unlikely to be able to return soon, but I wanted to check if you still have concerns. If you do, I'm inclined to hold up promotion for a little while; if you are fine with it, I will look and see if it is ready to go. Sarastro1 (talk) 12:03, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
HI Sarah, my name is Jeremy and I'm a representative of Smithfield Foods. Thank you for taking the time to edit the Smithfield Foods Wikipedia page. There's quite a bit of outdated information on the page and I'd like to help provide updated information. As an example, reference 20 which is the source for our current list of brands goes to a dead link. Our currently list of brands can be found here: http://www.smithfieldfoods.com/our-brands. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
- Hi Jeremy Smithfield, thanks for letting me know that the list was outdated. I've updated it using a company press release posted on a news site. For future reference, it's better to post these requests on the article's talk page so that others can respond too. SarahSV (talk) 01:11, 19 August 2017 (UTC)