- Hi, welcome to my talk page. Feel free to leave me a message about anything you like. It's easier if conversations stay on one page though so if I've left you a message reply on your talk page and I should be watching it.
- If you want to know why your article was deleted, please read "Why was my article deleted?" before leaving me a note.
- If it's been a while and I haven't got back to you about something, then by all means drop me a note to remind me.
Right up your alley
Suspected sockpuppets - Draft:Zahroof Valves
I have no idea how to use this site or the language and technicalities used here. A company that I had hired was writing a Wiki page on the company that I represent, Zahroof Valves Inc. The page was "Draft:Zahroof Valves". At some point, the person who had created the initial draft asked me to take a look at it and sent me the link to the draft page. Instead of copying out the page and making mark ups in a different document, I found that I could mark up the page myself, and I did. Later, I got the notice that the draft had been removed for suspected sockpuppets (I really don't have a full understanding of this) and I believe I've also been listed as s suspected sockpuppet. Look, whatever that means, I don't think I'm a sockpuppet - I simply wanted to ensure the correctness of the draft of the company that I represent. Secondly, I would like that Wiki page on the company, because it is quite genuine.
How do I prove that everything I've done is above board and genuine? What are my next steps?
- Regarding an article about your company: the vast majority of companies are not sufficiently notable to deserve a Wikipedia article. In order to create a page we need several newspaper/magazine articles from sources like Wired or New York Times which discuss a company in detail. In the case of Zahroof Valves, the company does not appear to have attracted such attention and so we should not have an article about it. I'm sorry that this is the case, particularly if the company you were dealing with told you otherwise. If I were you I would be complaining to the company you paid to write the article as they should never have taken you on as a client in the first place and they also used deceptive techniques in order to try and write it. SmartSE (talk) 12:47, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
Suspected sockpuppets - Draft:Zahroof Valves
I apologize for creating a new section. I couldn't figure out how to reply to the email.
Thank you for your explanation of the case. We do have several articles published in prestigious magazines in our industry. There should be some articles in Wired, etc. regarding our company. But, I don't know whether they fit your criteria. Due to my lack of knowledge regarding this, our PR firm proposed that they write a page for us on Wikipedia, and I agreed. I didn't know that they had subverted your policies or were doing anything out of the ordinary.
I'm Paul Guerra, an Ecuadorean actor, and lawyer with more than 10 years of trajectory in the Entertainment industry. I've hired 6 months ago a person to create my Wikipedia page since that was my agent's advice. I just realized it got deleted by you because of a G5. I understand that and I'm sorry this person I hired did it, I just didn't know he was blocked or banned or anything.
Is there something I can do to put my page up again? I mean, I really have proof like magazines, newspapers, youtube clips, interviews, etc. that prove that I'm a legit artist.
I thank you for your attention to this matter.
All the best,
- Hi Paul. Thanks for the note. It's an unfortunate situation for everyone I'm afraid except whoever it is you paid who is willing to disrupt a community of volunteers for their own profit. Rather strangely just after you left this note, someone recreated the article about you. It does appear that you meet our notability requirements for actors meaning that we should have an article about you. I have added some references present in the article I deleted which demonstrate this. I will not be restoring the full version however and request that you leave the article as it is and let if grow organically if someone is interested to write more about you. Thanks SmartSE (talk) 20:27, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
Hello again SmartSE. Please can you tell me what is the status of your evaluation for my Maryann Keller page? There's been a misunderstanding. We have already talked about this on your old page here . Please can you help me to remove sign ‘undisclosed paid content’ because the page has not been paid for. Please. This is my first page. Thank you so much for your time. Cutie girly (talk) 18:50, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
- Cutie girly I'm afraid that I don't believe you and your perseverance to get the tagged removed only makes it harder to believe you. SmartSE (talk) 21:01, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
I saw that you edited a a recent article. I'm actually writing a similar article here. I'd love it if you could give me some feedback on it. Once completed, I plan on moving it to wikipedia proper.VR talk 21:47, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
- VR Sorry about the delay. My only involvement at the article was to undelete it as it shouldn't have been speedily deleted. I don't know anything about the topic. I've had a read over your draft though and can't see any problems with it. It might be a good idea to link to 2015 Dadri mob lynching, 2016 Jharkhand mob lynching and 2017 Alwar mob lynching. If you want more feedback though, User:SpacemanSpiff and User:Sitush know a lot more about India than I do! SmartSE (talk) 20:59, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Edits made by Anup.katz123
Hi Smartse, Thank you for your suggestion and guidance on page edits made by me. I have been working into technology space and over the years have gathered some knowledge around it. Hence, I thought of sharing some of them on wikipedia. I am new to editing Wiki pages and learning from the experts like you. However, you will mostly find me making edit's on technology related pages. Look forward for your guidance and support in future too.
Regarding Awards and Recognition Section on Datamatics page
Hello Smartse, Greetings! I am an IT enthusiast and follow many software and hardware companies globally to understand the trends. I understand that some companies like Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, etc. have received many accolades which are informative in nature and they rightly feature on their respective wiki pages. However, I just read a news yesterday about Datamatics receiving an Award which I feel is useful for the readers of that page. hence I updated it along with relevant citation. I do not understand why this news is considered as promotion and the awards received by other technology companies continue to feature on their pages and not considered as promotion. It was just an FYI news, as you will agree that media generally does not cover such Awards unless if it is an important industry recognition. I request you to please consider it and rev the changes so people visiting the pages get complete information. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wikitech123 (talk • contribs) 07:30, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
Happiest Minds (Company)
I have recently created an article on Happiest Minds Company
Which was deleted previously few years back.
Would request you to moderate this new article @ Happiest Minds (company)
Thank you, --Deepak HM 06:22, 21 June 2017 (UTC) User:Deepakhmwiki