|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original talk page is located at
|This is Amberrock's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Amberrock.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15|
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
DYK for DanTDM: Trayaurus and the Enchanted Crystal
Speedy deletion nomination of Template:NLCOTW article
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia. This is a notice that the page you created, Template:NLCOTW article, was tagged as a test page under section G2 of the criteria for speedy deletion and has been or soon may be deleted. Please use the sandbox for any other tests you want to do. Take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the , or if you have already done so, you can place a request here. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 05:39, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- I don't even know anymore what this was for, LOL. Thanks for cleaning up this outdated trash.—♦♦ AMBER(ЯʘCK) 07:09, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
Could you please look into SubRE's editing history, he is vandalising pages I've created and it all seems fishy, my full real details social networking profiles and phone number will be given to you if asked Asouko (talk) 10:48, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- I've looked into it. Now, I will have to disagree with you that SubRE is vandalizing articles you started. He's not: he is nominating them for deletion, which is something entirely else. His concerns seem to be centered around the theme of non-notability. Which is - in most of the cases - not unwarranted. You have responded with comments that do not always contain arguments to keep certain articles, but borderline on ad hominems (here, for example). Therefore: I'm very sorry, but I'm not inclined to interfere with SubRE's behaviour. What he's doing doesn't seem outrageous to me, so I have to apply good faith and say there's not something 'fishy' going on.
- One thing he's contented and you haven't elaborated on, is that he said that you are a member of Phase (band). Is that true? —♦♦ AMBER(ЯʘCK) 12:28, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
So sorry about that, but I didn't use it in a derogatory way. We're I come from ignorant means lack of knowledge on a subject and it's within the limits of political correctness. MusicPatrol (talk) 19:22, 19 July 2017 (UTC) MusicPatrol (talk) 19:22, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- I'm aware of what ignorant means, and it's generally not a kind term to just toss at somebody because they want an article deleted you would like to keep. Differences of opinion happen, and that doesn't mean the other side is ignorant. But my warning wasn't just for that term: you also said an editor made it "personal" when he was simply citing Wikipedia policy. You told hem "You don't know anything about music" and you strongly implied that said person was not an expert. All of that is uncivil, and seems contrary to WP:AGF. —♦♦ AMBER(ЯʘCK) 20:07, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
You are right on the fact that I was a bit harsh, but he would ignore the messages on his talk page and he would have tunnel vision on his thing... It seems that he only hanged around there only to remove that article not even knowing how to use the tags, that simply demonstrated bad faith to me... He would only reply to other editors comments and he would ignore me. And make accusations based on nothing, that I am member and promoter of the band, or whatever. It all started when I would remove one of his tags reasoning it and leaving him a message and then we would play the add remove game in loop, That's not respectful behaviour either... Anyway I do apologise, and thank you for taking the time to moderate the conversation! I deeply appreciate it. By the way, I didn't imply you don't know what it means, I meant semantics differ from country to country and region to region... All the best MusicPatrol (talk) 03:00, 20 July 2017 (UTC) MusicPatrol (talk) 03:00, 20 July 2017 (UTC)