|I will be here on and off and may not respond to messages in a timely manner.|
2010: J · F · M · A · M · J · J · A · S · O · N · D
Cricket list updates
- I've revdelled it, but your posting of "is a bleep" isn't exactly Kosher either. —SpacemanSpiff 05:24, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
Then please remove the Marathi name of Zaheer Khan.
- I've done it, but you can also do it yourself, just reference the consensus in your edit summary. cheers. —SpacemanSpiff 06:03, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
Hi, can you please talk to User:Prasannarane61993? Said user is repeatedly adding Marathi to the lead of articles, against WP:INDICSCRIPTS and called me racist when I told them to refrain from doing so. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 08:11, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- Sigh, I've left a warning to respect consensus and avoid the name calling, but you'll have to ask some other admin to help out if the problem persists as I see I might be involved here, having reverted him a couple of times. —SpacemanSpiff 13:05, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks. This problem happened a few years ago with Tamil Articles. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 17:14, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
Some contents are not true and used to defame the communities long prosperous history
Yadav's are Elite class. Saying that they are not non-elite is incorrect. They build historial kingdom, they are cow hearders, farmer and warriors then how they become non-elite to you. Kindly revert to the edited content that I have added. It's Defame the communities long prosperous history. It seems you are potraying this content in wrong way with manupulated content.
- Please read our verifiability policy and our reliable sources policy. Wikipedia is an encyclopaedia and we report what such sources have written. Also, as noted in the talk page, the article is subject to discretionary sanctions, —SpacemanSpiff 08:23, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Good Humor|
|Thank you for reviewing my and my teammate's work... Vinitagangurde (talk) 18:59, 1 July 2015 (UTC)|
- Thank You for your valuable time. I'm the new one for Wikipedia.so like this please help me to make it better place and guide me.Vinitagangurde (talk) 18:52, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hey this is Adesh Chopade. First of all sorry for adding copyrighted contents. Me and my group added all those information. Among the things that you removed there was a lot of info worth mentionable. We are new to wikipedia so please help us out. And most of the info was taken from government websites which was a reliable source. So maybe if it can be restored help us with it. Adesh31 (talk) 19:09, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- Can you answer the following questions please, as it would help me understand the scope of your work better:
- Is this a school project?
- Does your course instructor/teacher also have an account, and if so can you point me to that?
- I hope you have read the above info regarding copyrights and will be able to follow it, can you also make sure that your friends also read it?
- I have also left a welcome message with links to our policies and guidelines for you and your friends that will be helpful for you to contribute, please also ensure that they go through it too.
- cheers,—SpacemanSpiff 19:13, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- No its not a school project, we are doing this as a part of MIT Kumbhathon, you can google it.
Kumbhmela is being held this year in nashik so we are trying to add more info about nashik on the wikipedia page. And i'm reading the info about copyrights and i'll make sure my freinds read it too. Adesh31 (talk) 19:23, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- @Adesh31:, @Vinitagangurde: To keep the conversation logical and in one place, I'll reply here and ping you. I'll include a ping to you, so you'll see the red notification button on the top of your screen and if you click it, you'll see that I might have pinged you, that'd mean you have a message here.
- First off, even if this isn't a class project, I suggest you all make use of
- That module is a very friendly guide to writing on Wikipedia and will take you through the process of referencing, adding content, photographs and images, maps, and also help you with basic copyright policies.
- Now, going to the specific problems in your group's edits, you have used a variety of sources, some of them government sources, some of them others etc. Now our reliable sources guideline will tell you how to identify something that's a good source. e.g. the government sources used by Adesh would qualify as reliable sources for geographic information. However, when the source says something like "XYZ is a large city located in ABC district with a population of 6 lakh people and is 123 square km in size", you can not copy that into a Wikipedia article, you'll have to paraphrase into your own words and say something like "XYZ is a city inhabited by 6,00,000 people and has an area of 123 square km. It is a part of ABC district".
- However for information like Naga Sadhus etc that one of your friends had added, the source would not have been acceptable. For such kind of information you'll have to find some scholarly sources such as books and journals or even newspaper articles that have some in depth analysis and are subject to editorial review and have a reputation for fact checking. e.g. I searched for resources on Google and found this book to have some information.
- Hope this helps, do chime in if you have more questions after you go through the training module etc. cheers. —SpacemanSpiff 19:46, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
Thanks...this time we will try to add the information properly.
- @Adesh31:, @Vinitagangurde: This edit by one of your friends is problematic for the following reasons:
- While editing, they have removed the Administration section.
- Added sources that do not meet our reliable source guideline and also fall short of our external links guidelines: such as sourcing the content to your college camera club, and to the Kumbathon website. When you reference content, it has to be sourced to third party sources independent of the subject, so if you're writing about what Kumbathon is doing, it should be sourced to a newspaper that Kumbathon is doing this, likewise, a newspaper saying that the MIT camera club is doing this.
- Please alert your friend to this, and also, as you are aware of the issues now, I hope you can also go through the contributions of the other participants and make sure that things are ok. I saw Adesh's edit and that is exactly how we need content paraphrased from the source. Hope this helps. cheers. —SpacemanSpiff 07:12, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
Thanks a lot. We have a few new guys who are editing as well. So if you find their content not appropriate for wikipedia, message me that topic and i will edit it as per Wikipedias guidelines. Adesh31 (talk) 07:19, 2 July 2015 (UTC)