User talk:Spiderone/Archive 14
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
We are currently running a study on the effects of adding additional information to SuggestBot's suggestions. Participation in the study is voluntary. Should you wish to not participate in the study, or have questions or concerns, you can find contact information on the SuggestBot study page.
IMPORTANT CHANGES: We have modified the selection of articles SuggestBot suggests and altered the design to incorporate more information about the articles, as described in this explanation.
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information.
|8||1.0||3642 (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|1||1.0||Elliot Minor discography (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|858||2.0||Beauty and the Geek Australia (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||Add sources|
|2,329||2.0||Atlético Madrid (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Add sources|
|29||1.0||Sonar Entertainment (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|350||2.0||Johan Djourou (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|13||1.0||Ali Musliyar (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|147||1.0||Elena Vesnina (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|32||1.0||Famine events (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Expand|
|4,541||3.0||FIFA 14 (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Expand|
|12||1.0||Brooke Fraser discography (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Expand|
|668||3.0||Ana Ivanovic (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|803||3.0||Death of Lee Rigby (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|317||3.0||Alberto Aquilani (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|11||1.0||Olga Sučić (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Merge|
|16||1.0||Suada Dilberović (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Merge|
|40||3.0||2008–09 in English football (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Wikify|
|28||2.0||Nicolas Kiefer (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|5||1.0||Salfia Muslim Institute (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|4||1.0||Sonny Wharton (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|1||1.0||Asim Sarajlić (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|7||1.0||Equaliser (sports) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|2||1.0||Grey-crowned Prinia (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|3||1.0||Ali Džabič (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|38||1.0||Nikola Mitrović (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|26||1.0||Kyi Lin (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|63||1.0||Nicolás Pareja (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
Changes to SuggestBot's suggestions
We have changed the number of suggested articles and which categories they are selected from. The number of stubs has been greatly reduced, the number of articles needing sources doubled, and two new categories added (orphans and unencyclopaedic articles). We have also modified the layout of the suggestions and added sortable columns with various types of information about each article. The first two columns are:
- Daily average number of views an article's had over the past 14 days.
- Predicted article quality on a 1- to 3-star scale. Placing your cursor over the stars should give you a pop-up describing the article's quality (Low/Medium/High), current assessment class, and predicted assessment class.
The method we use to predict article quality also allows us to assess whether an article might need specific types of work in order to improve its quality. The work needed might not correspond to cleanup tags added to the article, since our method is not based on those. We have added five columns reflecting this work assessment, where a red X indicates improvement is needed. Placing your cursor over an X should give you a pop-up with a short description of the work needed. The five columns seek to answer the following five questions:
- Is more content needed?
- Does this article have an appropriate section structure?
- Is the number of illustrative images about right?
- Does this article link to enough other Wikipedia articles?
- For its length, is there an appropriate number of citations to sources in this article?
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. Regards from Nettrom (talk), SuggestBot's caretaker. -- SuggestBot (talk) 00:09, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions)
- Hawkeye7 (submissions)
- Sasata (submissions)
- Sturmvogel_66 (submissions)
- Casliber (submissions)
- Adam Cuerden (submissions)
- Miyagawa (submissions)
- Piotrus (submissions)
- Ealdgyth (submissions)
All those who reached the final win prizes, and prizes will also be going to the following participants:
- Casliber (submissions) wins the FA prize, for four featured articles in round 4, worth 400 points.
- Sturmvogel_66 (submissions) wins the GA prize, for 20 good articles in round 3, worth 600 points.
- Another Believer (submissions) wins the FL prize, for four featured lists in round 2, worth 180 points.
- Adam Cuerden (submissions) wins the FP prize, for 23 featured pictures in round 5, worth 805 point.
- Sven Manguard (submissions) wins the FPo prize, for 2 featured portals in round 3, worth 70 points.
- Hawkeye7 (submissions) wins the topic prize, for a 23-article featured topic in round 5, worth 230 points.
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions) wins the DYK prize, for 79 did you know articles in round 5, worth 570 points.
- ThaddeusB (submissions) wins the ITN prize, for 23 in the news articles in round 4, worth 270 points.
- Ed! (submissions) wins the GAR prize, for 24 good article reviews in round 1, worth 96 points.
- The judges are awarding the Oddball Barnstar to The C of E (submissions), for some curious contributions in earlier rounds.
- Finally, the judges are awarding Cwmhiraeth (submissions) the Geography Barnstar for her work on sea, now a featured article. This top-importance article was the highest-scoring this year; when it was promoted to FA status, Cwmhiraeth could claim 720 points.
Prizes will be handed out in the coming weeks. Please be patient!
Congratulations to everyone who has been successful in this year's WikiCup, whether you made it to the final rounds or not, and a particular congratulations to the newcomers to the WikiCup who have achieved this year. Thanks to all who have taken part and helped out with the competition. While it has been an excellent year, errors have opened up the judges' eyes to the need for a third judge, and it is with pleasure that we announce that experienced WikiCup participant Miyagawa will be acting as a judge from now on. We hope you will all join us in welcoming him to the team.
Next year's competition begins on 1 January. You are invited to sign up to participate; it is open to all Wikipedians, new and old. Brainstorming and discussion remains open for how next year's competition will work, and straw polls will be opened by the judges soon. Those interested in friendly competition may also like to keep an eye on the stub contest, being organised by Casliber. The WikiCup judges will be back in touch over the coming months, and we hope to see you all in the 2014 competition. Until then, it only remains to once again congratulate our worthy winners, and thank all participants for their involvement! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk • email) and The ed17 (talk • email) 00:10, 1 November 2013 (UTC)