|This is Stevietheman's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Stevietheman.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19|
|This talk page is automatically archived by lowercase sigmabot III. Threads with no replies in 14 days may be automatically moved.|
- 1 Holiday card
- 2 Merry Christmas!
- 3 Microsoft Encarta
- 4 Tech News: 2017-02
- 5 Please comment on Talk:Origin of the Romanians
- 6 A barnstar for you!
- 7 Williams
- 8 JCPenney
- 9 Please comment on Talk:Southern Poverty Law Center
- 10 Tech News: 2017-03
- 11 Please comment on Talk:Turkish involvement in the Syrian Civil War
|Wishing you a Charlie Russell Christmas,
|"Here's hoping that the worst end of your trail is behind you
That Dad Time be your friend from here to the end
And sickness nor sorrow don't find you."
—C.M. Russell, Christmas greeting 1926.
Montanabw(talk) 23 December 2016 (UTC)
Your user page says you want to "[p]ut Microsoft Encarta and Encyclopædia Britannica out of business. Who needs 'em?".
Microsoft Encarta went out of business in 2009, so I think you should add Done to that part of the entry. :) I like Britannica but Encarta always sucked. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:11, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
19:12, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Origin of the Romanians
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Origin of the Romanians. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thank you for the great job you are doing on the editing of articles especially mine. Chitt66 (talk) 22:29, 10 January 2017 (UTC)|
I'm sorry about the comma errors. I have been trying to fix this grammar problem of mine. Maybe I should not put in commas at all until further notice. I have used the edit summary box but the editors don't always seem to understand why I make the edits I do. If I recorded every single edit summary for edits I have done I would have almost no time to do anything else. As a volunteer working on articles I many times wonder if it is worth taking the time to do this at all. I know many many people who have quit doing Wikipedia because it takes so much time out their schedule. They have felt unappreciated and have gotten very little thanks for when they know they have done good work that benefits Wiki. Also, they have received more bad remarks and criticism with little help on fixing their edit mistakes. Many times the speedy deletions of their long hours of tireless efforts have been wiped out by what has possibly been perceived as arrogant, close-minded know-it-alls and feel like children who having been slapped on the wrists. I’ve seen that teamwork seems to be lacking and many editors do not allow others to help improve on articles as if the article is perfect and should never be allowed to be touched again. This seems to be quite unfair and exclusive. Many times deletions by Wiki authorities I believe are no more than differences in style taste and opinion. All the Wiki contributions and I do are in good faith for the betterment of Wikipedia articles and the people who use them to get valuable accesble instant information. I love working on Wiki and want to show a positive image for others to see but I feel very tired of fighting what seems to be an uphill battle. I have recently been informed by Wikipedia that i have done over 10,000 edits. I hope this counts for something. I'm not trying to cause trouble. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining I am trying not to. I hope you understand how I feel and where I’m coming from. What are your thoughts and possible suggestions on how I can improve my continued editing efforts and help improve our team pursuits. Thanks. Chitt66 (talk) 22:29, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Chitt66: I understand and empathize with many of the feelings you have regarding work in the Wikipedia. It can feel thankless and maddening at times, but what I think keeps people here is their dedication to free knowledge for all, especially about topics of interest to them. But I will say that providing edit summaries for complicated edits is necessary, because not doing so is disruptive to other editors. It doesn't help with teamwork to make other editors try to read your mind. It is very frustrating going through edits, guessing as to why a number of them were done. Also, I disagree with any notion that writing edit summaries takes too much time, as for me it takes usually very little time, and I have a track record of doing it for almost all my 114,000+ edits. I don't ask editors to do what I won't do myself. If people can't properly edit on the Wikipedia due to their lack of time (whatever contributes to that), that is just the way it is. There is no WP:DEADLINE here, so we can and should wait for things to be done right. Stevie is the man! Talk • Work 15:22, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
- By the way, thank you very much for the barnstar. Much appreciated. Stevie is the man! Talk • Work 15:26, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
- Saw that, but that obviously does not apply in this case. The added material doesn't affect any living persons related to the subject whatsoever. Stevie is the man! Talk • Work 19:56, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Mlpearc: you need to revert back. If you are going to removal the material, you have to give a valid reason based on policy/guidelines. Stevie is the man! Talk • Work 19:58, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
I'm just going to say this unusual thing, because I've never said it to an editor before, but please never ask me for any assistance for anything on this site, ever, because you will not receive it. I resent being stonewalled by any experienced editor to provide answers to reasonable simple questions that I pose. You can't just throw out policies without explaining your interpretation, that's a real problem. Stevie is the man! Talk • Work 20:51, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- WP:Sofixit, although make sure to cite it from a reliable source. Stevie is the man! Talk • Work 23:39, 14 January 2017 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Southern Poverty Law Center
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Southern Poverty Law Center. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
23:24, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Turkish involvement in the Syrian Civil War
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Turkish involvement in the Syrian Civil War. Legobot (talk) 04:26, 22 January 2017 (UTC)