User talk:TheJosh

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Welcome to TheJosh's talk page.

  • I will reply here, its neater that way.
  • I can't be bothered archiving, its too much hassle - deal with it.

Contents

Thanks :)[edit]

Thanks for your work on the Template:Infobox Town AU - I was sort of hoping someone would know better than me how to make it look nice and tidy, but within one day is fantastic. (And just noticed your comment on my talk page - yeah that's cool!) Orderinchaos78 18:07, 4 October 2006 (UTC)

Fair point - just modified it on all pages that hadn't already been. I think the problem is that I was using a template based on one of the early pages to create the new ones - all sorted now Orderinchaos78 07:24, 8 October 2006 (UTC)

Looks good, although the location ones should probably still be within the main one as they're part of the "snapshot" the infobox offers first-up visitors. Just my thoughts. Orderinchaos78 21:24, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the heads-up! Wow, that came out of nowhere. Orderinchaos78 (t|c) 03:15, 18 October 2006 (UTC)
  • Thanks for letting me know. I am just a bit busy right now to contrinbute meaningfully byt the talk discussion looked well structured. Regards--Golden Wattle talk 10:07, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
  • Ug! The founder of Wikipedia made LOST wikia. I dont understand there logic -Iron Chef 17:45, 25 October 2006 (UTC)

Australian Place[edit]

That's cool - I was actually doing it for a completely different reason (I'm actually trying to move some stuff from the long-deprecated and now limping Perth template onto Australian Suburb for future bot conversion) and noticed there's literally under 20 using Australian Suburb, so it's a quick business changing those then migrating some of the Perth suburban ones across. (Some also use a yukky manual one, esp in NSW) Orderinchaos78 (t|c) 07:16, 26 October 2006 (UTC)

Yeah, some of them have a "bring your own wood" approach to infobox building. :S I will be just converting those to Australian Suburb anyway so they'll be in just one standard form for future conversion. Good point re Perth. I'll do any *new* ones I write for perth in Australian Suburb though to reduce the work for later as thanks to HiddenStructure being completely disabled, the optional colour bar thingies up the top are breaking it and I had to comment them out.
Doesn't look like anyone has bothered with your bot approval?!? Frustrating. Is there anyway to bump them along, 'specially now that you have added the obsolete tag to all the templates?SauliH 08:41, 16 November 2006 (UTC)

Real quicky[edit]

Good work with the template. (Edit: Argh, already addressed, just wasn't in print version! :)) (t|c) 10:28, 16 November 2006 (UTC)

Another quicky - For some reason one or two of your recent changes changed < to &lt, > to &gt and " to &quot ... Orderinchaos78 (t|c) 11:24, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
Thought so, that's why I let you know ASAP... sorry if it sounded terse, I was just trying to push it out quickly :) Orderinchaos78 (t|c) 11:40, 16 November 2006 (UTC)

Blank fields[edit]

The work you are doing on the template is excellent. I think blank fields should be left in when it is added to articles so that data can be added later more easily. I saw the update to Captains Flat, NSW. Regards--Golden Wattle talk 18:50, 16 November 2006 (UTC)

Hi what I was referring to was in this edit you removed some fields. I realise you are doing it by hand, but the suggestion I have is that the info box has all fields present in an article even if many of them are not filled out at present. Thus am hoping to see all fields as per Template:Infobox Australian Place/Blank in articles but say at Littlehampton, South Australia or Captains Flat that isn't the case. I guess this is what a bot can do but by hand it is too tedious. Happy to help if I can but a bot seems to be the answer and hence I will wait and hope for its approval. Regards--Golden Wattle talk 21:40, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
You are doing a great job and I didn't mean to sound critical. If they were mistakes rather than intentional no problems. Bots don't get tired so I am hoping it will get approved - there are an awful lot of places out there to be migrated. Regards--Golden Wattle talk 22:02, 16 November 2006 (UTC)

In recognition[edit]

Working Man's Barnstar.png The Working Man's Barnstar
For your contribution and role as a "driving force" in getting the Template:Infobox Australian Place going from beginning to end. Keep up the excellent work! Orderinchaos78 (t|c) 00:52, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
Original Barnstar.png The Original Barnstar
For your fine contribution in seeing the Infobox Australian Place Template through from idea to actuality. SauliH 00:16, 13 December 2006 (UTC)

Locator map[edit]

TheJosh, I posted the following to the template talk page but was usure if you've seen it: Are there any plans to implement a facilty where a locator dot is placed on the locator map according to latitude/longitude values? Like {{Infobox protected area of Australia}} (eg. Organ Pipes National Park). Even better is {{Infobox Indian urban area}} (eg. Mumbai) which as a label also. — Moondyne 14:48, 19 November 2006 (UTC) — Moondyne 05:33, 20 November 2006 (UTC)

The Bot - talk page messages[edit]

  • Hi - I'd just like to say thanks for the talk page messages the bot is leaving about info that has been not included in the translation. It is really useful. Regards--Golden Wattle talk 20:58, 21 November 2006 (UTC)

Wodonga, Victoria[edit]

Just so you know, TheJoshBot replaced the & with a " in Ovens & Murray Football League on the Wodonga, Victoria page, creating a red link. I've fixed it on that aritlce, but it might be doing the same in other places. Blarneytherinosaur talk 02:18, 22 November 2006 (UTC)

Superimposed dot on Adelaide map[edit]

Ahh, the last change for the red dot made Adelaide sit on the border of VIC and SA. Not sure if the co-ord's are incorrect, or it is my computer.

Same with Wistow, South AustraliaSauliH 04:44, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
Now Adelaide has been relocated to Robe! Also see my note at my talk page SauliH 05:14, 22 November 2006 (UTC)

The Bot - talk page messages again[edit]

  • Hi these don't seem to be always happening now - see for example [1] but no corresponding edit about the historic populations, river and railway. Another way to do it may be to leave the fields at the end which are not blank in comment tags - eg for Avoca <!--- - |firstexplored=1836 - |pop1911=1,232 - |pop1981=1,032 - |river=[[Avoca River]] - |railway= 1876-->

--Golden Wattle talk 23:59, 22 November 2006 (UTC)

Jellybeans[edit]

You have been awarded these Jelly Beans from -The Doctor- Please, enjoy them.

Here are some Jelly beans for you. I love jelly beans as they have sugar in them and most people love sugar. But on the other hand just receiving somthing from somone else just makes you happy and also just giving this to you makes me happy. I hope to spread the jelly beans all over Wikipedia, so here, you can have this lot. Please enjoy them. (I like the lime ones.)

Editors need a bit of a sugar high too.

An apple a day keeps -The Doctor- away. Or does it! (talk)(contribs) 02:20, 22 November 2006 (UTC)

Template help[edit]

I saw you were in the category "Users who understand ParserFunctions" and was wondering if you could take a look at this and let me know if there was a way to make the rows ignore each other. In other words, the text won't take up two lines when there is enough space in the row, even if the other lines have long text. --blm07 01:03, 26 November 2006 (UTC)

This is hard to explain, so I've put an example on my talk page. Notice when there is long text in one row, it effects the other rows, causing the text to take up more than one row. What I'd like is to make it so the rows ignore each other and use all of the empty space. I'm not sure its possible. --blm07 05:15, 27 November 2006 (UTC)

Hey, a friend helped me figure it out, he did this and it works for what I need.

{{#if: {{{Park 1|<noinclude>-</noinclude>}}} | {{!}} colspan=2 {{!}} <span style="float: left"> '''{{{Park 1|''no park specified''}}}''' </span> <span style="float: right"> {{{Park 1 Opening|''opening date unknown''}}} </span> --blm07 06:27, 27 November 2006 (UTC)

WP:RFBOT[edit]

Your recent bot approvals request has been approved. Please see the request page for details. When the bot flag is set it will show up in this log. -- RM 19:00, 27 November 2006 (UTC)

Hi. Per Ram-Man's final approval [2], I've granted a bot flag to your bot. Cheers, Redux 16:06, 28 November 2006 (UTC)

Image sizing[edit]

G'day TheJosh. I've just seen the JoshBot's version of the Town of Victoria Park info-box. There may be a problem lurking in the JoshBot with image sizing, 'cos it appears to not apply any. I noticed it 'cos I made the locator maps for the Perth municipalities, which were being shown as reduced or thumbnails in the old info-boxes. It's possibly my fault, 'cos I didn't care about anything except a not-too-big, not-too-small size in the originals. But anyway, if there are large images, then the info-box could become rather obese fairly quickly... I would suggest that the JoshBot impose a 300px default size so surprises aren't unpleasant  :)  Gordon | Talk, 13:25, 28 November 2006 (UTC)

Consider me enlightened -- I didn't bother to chase down the template coding, so I didn't know about the default image widths as they don't show up on the edit page.  Gordon | Talk, 13:30, 29 November 2006 (UTC)

IAP[edit]

Someone made a heap of changes last night to IAP which screwed it up - I reverted them but might be worth trying to figure out what they were trying to do as they appear to be a good faith user. Oh and BTW thanks for the barnstar!

I'm a bit tired this morning - our government just started daylight saving for a 3 year trial and this is the first day of it. Orderinchaos78 00:05, 3 December 2006 (UTC)

Fair use image removed from User:TheJoshBot[edit]

I've removed Bender.png from TheJoshBot's user page. I'm sorry, but according to Wikipedia's fair use policy, fair use images can only be used in the Main namespace. If you have any questions or concerns, ask at my Talk page. --Slowking Man 13:03, 3 December 2006 (UTC)

typo in TheJoshBot talk page message[edit]

"This update has been automatically preformed" should be "This update has been automatically performed" - the typo is in the word "performed". Graham87 07:00, 4 December 2006 (UTC)

Whinge[edit]

Why can't Wikipedia have a programming language for templates? I can see the politics one I want to do getting very messy very quickly - the mockup (with no code whatsoever) is at User:Orderinchaos78/Australian Politics Box - ideally the process would be:

  • switch on entry from, say, "ALP" or "LIB" to the correct value ("[[Australian Labor Party|Labor]] with the correct coloured box).
  • sort by percent in descending order
  • print according to one of two formats depending on what option is specified (one is the table, the other displays on one line so you can pile them easily)

The way it's looking one will still have to put them to the template in the correct order, and 5 separate switch operations will be necessary. Thought I'd mention it to you in case you can see something blindingly obvious that I'm missing here. :) Orderinchaos78 13:40, 12 December 2006 (UTC)

Sounds cool! BTW - have a look at User_talk:Scharks#Quick_request_for_help - I've been trying to get a template to work, with near-complete, but not complete enough, success. I'm starting to think my problems are caused by a mediawiki bug or something. Orderinchaos78 12:09, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
Perfect! Thanks heaps for that :) Orderinchaos78 12:51, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
Now at {{Australian Politics Suburb}}. Now the fun begins - trying to find the damn things wherever they may be in their ugly manual form :@ Orderinchaos78 14:16, 13 December 2006 (UTC)

Enjoy your break![edit]

Hi, hope you have a great time whatever you're doing / wherever you're going! Look forward to seeing you around again soon - and if you need any help getting your proposed Wikiproject set up, I'd be happy to volunteer. We've just gotten Wikiproject Western Australia up and running in the last week or so, it's been a learning curve the whole way! Orderinchaos78 12:19, 20 December 2006 (UTC)

oops[edit]

joshbot seems to have made a bit of a mess of Canberra suburbs by transposing the suburb navigation box east to west amongst others. Examples I've already fixed include Macquarie, Weetangera, Page. 59.167.63.205 22:38, 15 January 2007 (UTC)

Orphaned fair use image (Image:The LOST Wikia Logo.png)[edit]

Thanks for uploading Image:The LOST Wikia Logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable under fair use (see our fair use policy).

If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "Image" from the dropdown box. Note that any fair use images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. This is an automated message from BJBot 03:07, 29 January 2007 (UTC)

Wikipedia:WikiProject Infoboxes[edit]

Hi there. I've finally gotten around to starting up Wikipedia:WikiProject Infoboxes. The project page itself is still pretty bare, but at least we now have a central discussion point for this sort of work. Please join! - 52 Pickup 13:56, 30 January 2007 (UTC)

Automation department[edit]

Hiya Josh. We've just set up an automation department at the WikiProject Australia, and as you're someone who has experience in bot operation, I thought I'd invite you to take a look and see if you might be interested in listing yourself as a participant for any future tasks we might have. Thanks,--cj | talk 00:35, 4 February 2007 (UTC)

Template:TemplateObsolete[edit]

Hello. I've come across your Template:TemplateObsolete, as well as Category:Obsolete templates and Category:Pages using obsolete templates. I've redirected Template:TemplateObsolete to Template:Tdeprecated, as that does the same job and is much more commonly used. It seems rather pointless to me to have multiple templates doing exactly the same job. If you disagree with this, please let me know why. Also, I would like to tag the categories for speedy deletion as unused. Do you have any problem with this? Thanks. Mike Peel 20:53, 7 February 2007 (UTC)

WP:Film infoboxes[edit]

I put the request on the page to see if anyone was interested in helping add the infobox our project has already developed. Our project is attempting to put the {{infobox film}} on all film articles and I wanted to see if any members of an infobox project where interested in helping to add them to our articles that don't have one. Our infobox is already modified as we want it, but we need users to help assist in the backlog. It is not really a formal request, just an offer to anyone who is interested in helping. If your project is solely for developing infoboxes and improving the box itself, my apologies. Let me know if you want me to clarify further. --Nehrams2020 03:56, 8 February 2007 (UTC)

Using Templates[edit]

I enjoy your userbox list — I took some of them for my own!

I recently did some major editing on the Infobox U.S. County template, putting in the 50-state switch statement so that the US map with the state highlighted would automatically show up correctly. This got me to thinking that someone else somewhere may want to use a state-to-abbreviation switch statement, so maybe I should create a template that simply displays a state abbreviation when a state name is passed in. This seems like it could be "reusable code" that someone else may need at some point, but I don't see a precedent for such a thing. Do you feel like the proposed template is a good idea? Does this fall within any guidelines? Or have I lost you altogether? Let me know!

Thanks timneu22 (talk · contribs) /Timneu22 02:04, 19 February 2007 (UTC)

(your response) Hey, I dont think you should create a state name->template thingo, because that will be nearly pointless. It be flexible it would take up more space than a switch statement. Better is to educated people on the use of the switch statement. --TheJosh 02:34, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
OK, not a problem. However, I'm just curious in general: are there any templates used as functions? I don't see any precedent for it, but it seems like it might be really necessary. My proposed template would have been nothing more than a switch showing the State Name based on the State Abreviation (or vice versa)... I haven't seen anything like this on Wikipedia but I have created a few for my internal wiki at work. Thanks again timneu22 (talk · contribs) /Timneu22 23:48, 19 February 2007 (UTC)

Another template question[edit]

Here's one I hadn't considered. Can you tell me if this is possible?

In a template, I have a variable named {{{person}}}. I want the following to happen:

  • if the user creates the page with {{{person}}} = [[Michael Jordan]], just use {{{person}}}
  • if the user creates the page with {{{person}}} = Michael Jordan, render the page as [[{{{person}}}]]

Is this doable? /Timneu22 13:09, 24 February 2007 (UTC)

Devils Elbow, South Australia[edit]

FYI, ive redirected this page because of lack of content ...maelgwntalk 11:20, 14 March 2007 (UTC)

Meetup on 23rd April 2007[edit]

Hi Josh,

Apologies if you're already aware of this, but I'd like to let you know that the second Adelaide Meetup will take place on Monday 23rd of April at ZUMA Caffe, 56 Gouger Street, Adelaide. The meeting is at 7:30am for breakfast with Wikipedia founder Jimbo Wales. Please see Wikipedia:Meetup/Adelaide/Meetup 2 for more details and indicate if you might attend.

Thanks,–cj | talk 13:56, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
NB: The above message is being delivered to users who are listed at WikiProject Adelaide or in Category:Wikipedians in South Australia with AutoWikiBrowser.

Infobox FYI[edit]

Hi Josh,

There is a debate that involves infobox design and standardization to replace manually constructed infoboxs. You may have missed this post from 52 pickup at WikiProject Infobox but it bears repeating and as a member of the project, your input would be appreciated.

Instead of repeating all the points, I'll just direct you to the discussion here. In the interests of consistency, and taking on a few new ideas for infobox design, I would like as many people as possible to get involved.—MJCdetroit 00:58, 26 April 2007 (UTC)

Infobox needed[edit]

There is discussion about deleting the Infoboxneeded template. I thought you might want to chime in. Timneu22 00:21, 15 May 2007 (UTC)

Mount Rat, South Australia[edit]

A tag has been placed on Mount Rat, South Australia, requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done because the page appears to have no meaningful content or history, and the text is unsalvageably incoherent.

If you think that this notice was placed here in error, you may contest the deletion. To do this, add {{hangon}} on the top of the page (just below the existing speedy deletion or "db" tag) and leave a note on the page's talk page explaining your position. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself.

If the page you created was a test, please use the sandbox for any other experiments you would like to do. Feel free to leave a message on my talk page if you have any questions about this. XAndreWx 04:03, 18 June 2007 (UTC)

requesting help with parser function ;)[edit]

Hi

I'm using a local installation of mediawiki and I use templates from wikipedia. the problem is that any template that includes parser function syntax such as #if is being rendered on the page as regular text.

It's as if the parser function syntax is not available in the wiki do I need to install/import something?

Might you be able to help please?

Thanks!

Maybe you can kill 2 birds with one stone[edit]

I also have a problem with parser functions.

I'm just taking a random shot to see if you might be able to help me out with "parser functions" since you're on the list of Wikipedians_who_understand_ParserFunctions @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedians_who_understand_ParserFunctions.

If I'm a bother, I apologize in advance. If not, I'd love some advice. I installed my wiki 2+ weeks ago & have been having problems with the templates because I think I lack parser functions. I'm not sure. Thanks,

Brandon cdibrandon@gmail.com -- if you wouldn't mind emailing me here, I'd sincerely appreciate it. I do like 2000 things a day & might not remember to come back here. I hope I remember, but an email would be very appreciated. p.s. I went through this page, http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ParserFunctions, added the 3 .php files & added the line of code to the localsettings.php file & got lots of errors -- tried both lines of code.

Gargamel573 17:10, 4 July 2007 (UTC)--

Gwenn Teir Bronn[edit]

What are you doing? (A) You put the speedy delete/patent nonsense template on the wrong page – the talk page. (B) The article does not remotely meet the criteria for patent nonsense. I've actually spent a good bit of time and effort trying to salvage something useful and informative on this article: ploughing through internet sources, translating material from the French article to the English one. If you don't agree with something there, please help improve it. Q·L·1968 11:36, 6 August 2007 (UTC)

Image:PhaserFunctions.gif listed for deletion[edit]

An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, Image:PhaserFunctions.gif, has been listed at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. OsamaK 15:02, 6 August 2007 (UTC)


Image copyright problem with Image:Mount Barker Google Maps Layers.png[edit]

Image Copyright problem

Thank you for uploading Image:Mount Barker Google Maps Layers.png. However, it currently is missing information on its copyright status. Wikipedia takes copyright very seriously. It may be deleted soon, unless we can determine the license and the source of the image. If you know this information, then you can add a copyright tag to the image description page.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thanks again for your cooperation. NOTE: once you correct this, please remove the tag from the image's page. STBotI 13:06, 12 August 2007 (UTC)

Canvassing for your RfA[edit]

[3], [4] Josh, canvassing is a very bad idea and is frowned upon by many wikipedians. I've undone those edits. —Moondyne 01:25, 16 August 2007 (UTC)

My personal advice would be to wait a bit. Your template development work at WP:IAP is absolutely first-rate - we literally could not have done it without you - but from current and recent-past RfAs, in general they will expect to see a lot of evidence of admin work. Also you get some people who will oppose (IMO incorrectly) on "does not need the tools", and you need to think carefully what you would use deleting/undeleting, blocking/unblocking for and in what circumstances. I would suggest looking at 1 2 3 4 past RfAs and seeing how the answers were constructed and what points came up. Other points - 5000 edits, preferably 1 FA, no canvassing (however adding your username to the Announcements section of AWNB is quite acceptable), probably better to wait for someone else (preferably an admin) to nominate you rather than self-nom. Orderinchaos 01:44, 16 August 2007 (UTC)

RFA - comments[edit]

Josh, I think you should withdraw your nomination an editor with 1500 edits has only a 5% chance of being successful additionally your recent activity is very low with most of your edits occuring over a period of two months almost 4 months ago. Also one line answers to questions in the RFA nomination are considered to show a lack of knowledge of Wikipedia and its policies like this one, I suggest you have a look at past RFA that have failed to see what to expect in the coming days in the way of responses. Gnangarra 01:28, 16 August 2007 (UTC)

Mount Barker gallery[edit]

Hi Josh. I've deleted Mount Barker, South Australia (Gallery) as Wikipedia is not a gallery. I've instead transferred it to Commons, created Category:Images of Mount Barker on Wikipedia, and added a link to the Commons gallery in the Mount Barker article. Regards, --cj | talk 15:03, 18 August 2007 (UTC)

Replaceable fair use Image:Mount Barker Google Maps Layers.png[edit]

Replaceable fair use

Thanks for uploading Image:Mount Barker Google Maps Layers.png. I notice the 'image' page specifies that the image is being used under fair use, but its use in Wikipedia articles fails our first fair use criterion in that it illustrates a subject for which a freely licensed image could reasonably be found or created that provides substantially the same information. If you believe this image is not replaceable, please:

  1. Go to the image description page and edit it to add {{di-replaceable fair use disputed}}, without deleting the original Replaceable fair use template.
  2. On the image discussion page, write the reason why this image is not replaceable at all.

Alternatively, you can also choose to replace the fair use image by finding a freely licensed image of its subject, requesting that the copyright holder release this (or a similar) image under a free license, or by taking a picture of it yourself.

If you have uploaded other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified how these images fully satisfy our fair use criteria. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on this link. Note that fair use images which could be replaced by free-licensed alternatives will be deleted 7 days after this notification, per our Fair Use policy. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. VegitaU 01:41, 23 August 2007 (UTC)

Random Smile![edit]

-WarthogDemon 07:18, 6 September 2007 (UTC)

TurboDual 3D[edit]

Thank you for tagging pages for speedy deletion, however I have removed your nonsense tag from TurboDual 3D. It's many things... crystal ballery, unreferenced, etc... but it's definitely not nonsense. I could have supported a speedy for advertising, perhaps. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my talk page. Thanks for your work on the 'pedia. - Philippe | Talk 04:41, 14 September 2007 (UTC)

Declined Speedy Deletion of List of One Day Cricket Records for New Zealand[edit]

Hi TheJosh. I've declined the speedy deletion request for the above, as the article really did not fall into CSD G3 or any other criteria (it was substantially improved since your tag). You may of course wish to {{prod}} the article, which is up to you. best. Pedro |  Chat  14:38, 18 September 2007 (UTC)

NewPagePatrol always disabled[edit]

Hi,

I've been using your NewPagePatrol script for a while now. However, it has just broken in a minor (but annoying way): it is always in the disabled mode. Looking at the history log of the script page, I believe it was your last edit that did it (when you defaulted it to disabled). The problem, if I'm not mistaken, is that you didn't update the cookie-reading logic to match; it still checks to see if the cookie is 'no' and disables the script if it is. However, since it defaults to disabled, it should be checking if the cookie is 'yes' and enabling the script if it is. I think that the following block should be changed from

if (document.cookie.substring(c_start, c_end) == "no") {
    npp_enabled = false;
}

to

if (document.cookie.substring(c_start, c_end) == "yes") {
    npp_enabled = true;
}

Cheers, Blair - Speak to me 00:19, 22 September 2007 (UTC)

Thanks[edit]

Damn, you're quick. Thanks for moving Talk:Artificial intelligence/Structure proposal. Sorry I dropped it in the wrong spot. ---- CharlesGillingham 23:05, 2 October 2007 (UTC)

Speedy Deletion of Alfred Dolge[edit]

Hi TheJosh. I've declined the speedy deletion of the above, but you may well wish to take it to WP:AFD. Best. Pedro :  Chat  12:58, 11 October 2007 (UTC)

Newpage and Camino Compatability[edit]

Hi TheJosh,

Just wanted to let you know that you're a genius, and that your Newpage script works perfectly under Camino (I'm on 1.5.1) under OS X (10.4.10). Thanks for such a useful tool! --jonny-mt(t)(c) 12:15, 17 October 2007 (UTC)

Do NOT sign things for me[edit]

I greatly resent having words put into my mouth as you did here: [5].

I try to write with care on WP and I do not take kindly to having words put in my mouth no matter how insignificant the change you believe you have made. I did not raise the issue of having aboriginal place names in the template as a proposal to be voted on and I most certainly did not write "support" to my own idea. To anyone who hadn't seen this page diff it would look like I was summarily proposing a straw-poll to bypass consensus discussion. You should know what this would look like very poor form to the community and you should CERTAINLY know better than to sign someone's name against something that they hadn't written themselves. Not only did you sign my name and add a "support" but you "created" votes for two other people (who had not "voted" but were simply discussing the issue at hand). If this were a journalistic or academic institution that would be considered fraud.

I have made this point at the discussion page and will now point this out to the two other people that you "voted" for. Please do not do this again. Thankyou. Witty Lama 11:19, 29 October 2007 (UTC)

NewPagePatrol.js configuration problem[edit]

I'm trying to change the npp_enabled, npp_num_pages, and npp_refresh configuration in my monobook.js, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Here's the code I'm using in my monobook.js file:

// [[User:TheJosh/Scripts/NewPagePatrol.js]]
importScript('User:TheJosh/Scripts/NewPagePatrol.js');
npp_enabled = true;
npp_num_pages = 10;
npp_refresh = 10;

Am I doing something wrong, because I'm still getting it disabled by default and refreshing every 5 seconds. Thanks! Ioeth (talk contribs friendly) 20:44, 2 November 2007 (UTC)

I saw that those variables are hard coded at the top of the scripts, and I think that's what's overwriting the custom settings. You should be able to do something like:
if( typeof( npp_enabled) == 'undefined' ) {
    npp_enabled = true;
}
to make sure you're not overwriting the custom ones. That's how Twinkle and Friendly handle their custom settings. Hope that helps! Ioeth (talk contribs friendly) 04:53, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
Now that you've fixed the configuration variable problem, it appears that the enabled/disabed setting is overriding what's kept in the cookie. It would be nice to have NPP and RCP use the enable/disable variable setting only if the cookie isn't set. For instance, the way it works now, if you click the "disable this box" link and have npp_enabled set to true, the next page that you browse to NPP becomes enabled again. Do you think you could change this behavior so that the cookie overrides the variable for enable/disable? Thanks! Ioeth (talk contribs friendly) 14:51, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
Noooo problem! You're more than welcome to do the same thing with my tool: Friendly. I saw that you have Twinkle installed, so you might want to give it a whirl. Ioeth (talk contribs friendly) 15:37, 7 November 2007 (UTC)

Support for patrolled pages[edit]

Hi again,

Just wondering if you had noticed the new patrolled pages feature of the new pages list. Basically a user can mark a newly created page as patrolled once they have checked it; any that haven't been patrolled show up highlighted in yellow on the new pages list. Would it be possible to build some kind of support for this into your New Page Patroller script? If not for the highlighting, the URL for the links need updating - all unpatrolled pages have a 'rcid=(some number)' attribute added to the end. Without this attribute the 'mark this page as patrolled' link doesn't show.

Thanks, Blair - Speak to me 23:27, 17 November 2007 (UTC)

The da Vinci Barnstar[edit]

Vitruvian Barnstar.png The da Vinci Barnstar
In recognition of how much easier you've made my life with your scripts, I hereby award you this barnstar. Wear it proudly, and keep up the great work! --jonny-mt(t)(c)Tell me what you think! 03:59, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

The banner on your userpage[edit]

Hi TheJosh,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note about the banner on your userpage linking to needgod.com. Basically, I'm a little concerned that it might not be appropriate under WP:UP, particularly the section on inappropriate content, which references WP:SOAPBOX. I don't know if you're aware, but Prester John just had his userpage deleted for comments related to religion (the MfD discussion can be found here), and judging by some of the user comments in there it can be a touchy subject.

I don't find it offensive enough to remove myself or nominate for MfD (or even offensive at all--I mean, it basically told me I'm going to hell, but since I'm looking forward to partying with Jimi and John I'm actually all right with that), but I just wanted to give you a heads-up and suggest you either remove it or at least tone it down a little. Thanks! --jonny-mt(t)(c)I'm on editor review! 04:51, 6 December 2007 (UTC)

Thanks jonny-mt, I toned down the box - although I could not bring myself to remove it, I guess that's just the evangelist in me! I read the comments about Prester John's page, and it sounds a whole heap worse than a link to an evangelistic website. If I get any other complaints, I guess it will have to go. Thanks for your concern by the way. Also, while i'm here, do you want to talk about any of this stuff (aka the content of the website) at any time? --TheJosh (talk) 10:08, 6 December 2007 (UTC)

AIV report[edit]

Hi there. Thanks for your vandalism report regarding User:Azndragon 69; the last warning on the editor's userpage was from May, so it's not really a blockable situation at the moment. I'll keep a watch out for any further problems. Tony Fox (arf!) 06:44, 22 December 2007 (UTC)

Redirects on new pages[edit]

I think it would be better if your new pages script (which is just addictive, by the way) could show the redirect page itself (&redirect=no) instead of the page it redirects to, that way we can actually patrol the new page not the old one. -- Mentifisto 23:02, 27 December 2007 (UTC)

Thanks! -- Mentifisto 03:17, 2 January 2008 (UTC)

Some other things[edit]

The scripts don't seem to handle non-Latin characters well. The titles are displayed in the sidebar but when they're clicked on Wikipedia fails to find it - for example 'Sen no Sōeki' is rendered 'Sen no S%u014Deki'.
And if you need the info the scripts work in Opera as well, although Twinkle doesn't much so it's not that useful when patrolling new pages etc.

Also, can you make another script similar to the other two but displaying new users? Thanks! -- Mentifisto 18:13, 2 January 2008 (UTC)

Thanks! ^_^ I hope it wasn't too hard for you to make, but in any case now it's useful! -- Mentifisto 16:35, 3 January 2008 (UTC)

AWB[edit]

Thanks for the warning. Some broken redirects are caused because some articles about certain cities are yet to be created. Others are a mess-up in capitalization. I will go back and revert those! Thanks for the warning! Ohmpandya (Talk) 22:40, 2 January 2008 (UTC)

Adelaide Wikimeetup 3[edit]

Riverside Precinct Adelaide Meetup
Next: TBA
Last: 7 May 2015
This box: view  talk  edit

Hi Josh - we're planning a third meetup in Adelaide sometime in the coming weeks, and would love to have you there. If you can, please help decide a location, a date and a time here. Thanks! ~ Riana 12:33, 16 January 2008 (UTC)

Adelaide Wikimeetup 3[edit]

Riverside Precinct Adelaide Meetup
Next: TBA
Last: 7 May 2015
This box: view  talk  edit

Hi TheJosh - after some planning we've decided to hold the third Adelaide Wikimeetup on Sunday, 17th February, 2008. The meeting will be held at Billy Baxter's in Rundle Mall at 11:30AM. Further details and directions are available on the meetup page. Please RSVP here by 20:00UTC on 15th February 2008 (that's 6AM Saturday for our time zone) so that we can inform the restaurant about numbers. Hope to see you there!

You are receiving this message because you are in Category:Wikipedians in South Australia or are listed at WP:ADEL#Participants. If this has been sent in error, please accept our apologies!

On behalf of Riana , 11:31, 5 February 2008 (UTC)

Revised[edit]

Hi Josh - since Sunday is inconvenient for many people due to church, we are rescheduling for Saturday. I hope this will enable you to attend! Best, ~ Riana 11:43, 6 February 2008 (UTC)

Reminder[edit]

Just a gentle nudge towards the meetup page, hoping you can confirm your attendance before the day is out. We'd love you to be there. :) ~ Riana 18:27, 14 February 2008 (UTC)

Orphaned non-free media (Image:Cornerstone college logo.jpg)[edit]

Nuvola apps important blue.svg Thanks for uploading Image:Cornerstone college logo.jpg. The media description page currently specifies that it is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, it is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the media was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that media for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).

If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "Image" from the dropdown box. Note that all non-free media not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. BetacommandBot (talk) 01:32, 12 February 2008 (UTC)

Bot activity[edit]

I was going over the list of bots and noticed that TheJoshBot (talk · contribs) has not edited in a very long time. Is this bot still active and if not, would you object to it being de-flagged? Please post your comments to Wikipedia_talk:Bots/Requests_for_approval#Dead_bots since this is a rather widely-posted message. MBisanz talk 02:25, 14 March 2008 (UTC)

Wikimedia Australia incorporation meeting[edit]

Hi there TheJosh! As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation has recently approved Wikimedia Australia as an official chapter. In order to acknowledge this, and to appoint an interim committee, approve our statement of purpose and our rules, and appoint a Public Officer, Wikimedia Australia will be having a meeting at Computerbank in Melbourne. For those of us who are located in other cities, we shall be holding conference calls to the main meeting.

The meeting will be held at 2:30PM on Sunday, 20th April 2008, Adelaide time. In order for us to organise this meeting, we need your help! Please drop by at our meta subpage with suggestions as to venues, conference calling services, etc. It will be at 2:30 so we can meet up for lunch beforehand if anyone's open for that!

Hoping to see you there! ~ Riana 01:56, 20 March 2008 (UTC)

You are receiving this message because you are an active Wikimedian in Adelaide and are on this list. If you think I've missed anyone out, please feel free to copy-paste this and send it to them too!

New Page Patroller[edit]

Just to let you know, I have forked your new page patroller to add a few features. I made the following changes:

  • Remove redirects from the list
  • Pages that haven't been patrolled yet are highlighted yellow as they are at Special:NewPages
  • For pages that haven't been patrolled there is a patrol link next to the name of the article

You can see the changes at User:Bradv/NewPagePatrol.js. Feel free to use this if you like, and thanks very much for the code. —BradV 20:20, 8 April 2008 (UTC)

Your chook picutre - what tree is that?[edit]

Re this: Image:Chooks_Sleeping_in_a_Tree.jpg - what tree is that they're roosting in? Peter1968 (talk) 13:23, 7 May 2008 (UTC)

Nope, that's no mulberry. I've been told it's a plum or something very close to the plum, a damson or some such. plum. Thanks anyway. Peter1968 (talk) 02:32, 9 May 2008 (UTC)

I've forked RecentChangesPatrol.js[edit]

This is just to inform you that I forked RecentChangesPatrol and modified it for the Norwegian wikipedia, and removed everything that is patrolled. After trying to get this to work, I requested a change in the API on Bugzilla so that I could get only unpatrolled changes from recentchanges, and implemented that code. Feel free to take back your own code ;) Laaknor (talk) 10:30, 8 May 2008 (UTC)

That is fine by me thanks for letting me know I am glad it was of use to you. Perhaps now I will update the other scripts to put all the language stuff in one place so that they can be translated easier. --TheJosh (talk) 01:29, 9 May 2008 (UTC)

New Page Patroller[edit]

I put the script into my monobook.js but its not showing the sidebar.Whats wrong? Mr. GreenHit Me UpUserboxes 17:52, 16 May 2008 (UTC)

I did the hard refresh thing, but I still don't see whats wrong. Mr. GreenHit Me UpUserboxes 15:42, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
Ummmm....I have Internet Explorer, but I'm not sure on the version and I don't knw what the OS is. Mr. GreenHit Me UpUserboxes 15:12, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
I'm not sure what you did, but its working right now.Thanks for your help. Mr. GreenHit Me UpUserboxes 15:24, 21 May 2008 (UTC)

a shiny[edit]

Vitruvian Barnstar.png The da Vinci Barnstar
For creating an AWESOME newpage patrol script, I, J.delanoygabsadds hereby award you this da Vinci Barnstar. Seriously, this was exactly what I was looking for. J.delanoygabsadds 14:28, 20 May 2008 (UTC)

Newpage patrol[edit]

Hello, TheJosh, I am a wikipedian at zh.wikipedia. I want to use this wonderful script for Chinese Wikipedia, but it doesn't work...I copied the script, modified a bit, and pasted it here, and the box appeared but no articles would be listed(the box seemed to be updating itself normally). Could you come and help? Thank you so much.--Bencmq (talk) 12:42, 9 December 2008 (UTC)

Also, about NPP et al... can you, perchance, make the links accessible by popups? I'm not sure if that's possible since all other links in that column aren't accessible but I thought I'd ask (mostly I could use this for NUP so I'd be able to navigate to their contribs etc.). -- Mentisock 10:58, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
I do not think that is possible. Sorry. --TheJosh (talk) 02:17, 13 January 2009 (UTC)

Orphaned non-free image (Image:Bedford group logo.gif)[edit]

⚠

Thanks for uploading Image:Bedford group logo.gif. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).

If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "Image" from the dropdown box. Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. Skier Dude (talk) 00:14, 8 April 2009 (UTC)

Thanks![edit]

Pi Pie.jpg
Syed Kazim | Talk has given you a pie! Pies promote the kind of hearty eating that puts a smile on your face and a sustaining meal in your stomach. Hopefully this pie has made your day better. Spread the goodness by giving someone else a pie, whether it be someone you have had disagreements with in the past or a good friend. Happy eating!

Spread the goodness of pie by adding {{subst:Wikipie}} to their talk page with a friendly message.

Thanks a lot for making wonderful user scripts! --Syed Kazim | Talk 17:52, 2 July 2009 (UTC)

Improved image for video screen sizes[edit]

TheJosh: I took the SVG image http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vector_Video_Standards2.svg and made a few improvements (thicker diagonal lines, dotted uniform rectangle lines, moved arrows to separate SVG layer, arrows have large round tip so easier to see). However, I have not made sufficient edits to WikiPedia to be allowed to upload it, nor is it clear who is "in charge of that page". Anyways let me know (Schollii) how I can send you the image. —Preceding undated comment added 20:08, 22 July 2009 (UTC).

Your scripts.[edit]

Hi there. Love your scripts, except there's 1 problem. I have 2 of them going at once, like I have with the NPP and the Newusers patrol scripts. If I go to another page, refresh, anything like that, they'll occasionally swap places in my sidebar. Any way to remedy this? Thanks. The thing that should not be 17:57, 17 November 2009 (UTC)

Thats just the order that the browser loads the scripts, nothing can be done sorry. --TheJosh (talk) 02:44, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Oh, dang. Thanks anyways. Cheers. The Thing Editor Review 15:41, 10 January 2010 (UTC)

Proposed deletion of Bedford Group[edit]

Ambox warning yellow.svg

The article Bedford Group has been proposed for deletion because of the following concern:

Fails WP:CORP, no indication the subject can satisfy or any other specialized guideine. No indication of significance, promotional tone, negligible verifiable sourcing even though the article has existed for years.

While all contributions to Wikipedia are appreciated, content or articles may be deleted for any of several reasons.

You may prevent the proposed deletion by removing the {{dated prod}} notice, but please explain why in your edit summary or on the article's talk page.

Please consider improving the article to address the issues raised. Removing {{dated prod}} will stop the proposed deletion process, but other deletion processes exist. The speedy deletion process can result in deletion without discussion, and articles for deletion allows discussion to reach consensus for deletion. Oo7565 (talk) 07:32, 10 January 2010 (UTC)

Your NPP script[edit]

Hello, TheJosh. Nice to meet you. I'm here wondering if it's possible to mod your script so it shows the oldest new pages. I'm no expert in coding, or else I would do it myself. I'm currently using User:J.delanoy/newpage.js, which it virtually identical to yours (he copied it and tweaked it). Thanks, Airplaneman talk 06:00, 31 January 2010 (UTC)

Interesting concept, ill make some mods over the next few days. --TheJosh (talk) 01:31, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
Hi, Josh. Is there an update on this? If "oldest" doesn't work, could we get a delay of 15 minutes or so? We're getting a lot of complaints from NPPers who tag articles for deletion or clean up within seconds of the initial page creation (that is, frequently while the editor is trying to figure out how to format the sources). WhatamIdoing (talk) 17:46, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
The script has been changed to have a 5 min delay from article creation time to appearing on the list. --TheJosh (talk) 02:57, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
Thanks! I really appreciate it! WhatamIdoing (talk) 05:25, 26 May 2010 (UTC)

CfD nomination of Category:HTTP status codes[edit]

I have nominated Category:HTTP status codes (edit | talk | history | links | watch | logs) for renaming to Category:Hypertext Transfer Protocol status codes (edit | talk | history | links | watch | logs). Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at the discussion page. Thank you. —Justin (koavf)TCM☯ 03:39, 23 February 2010 (UTC)

NPP script and vector[edit]

Even though you did the best you could, your script was broken due to the vector switch. I did my best to partially solve the problem, and the rest is detailed in bugzilla:23515. —TheDJ (talkcontribs) 21:33, 13 May 2010 (UTC)

Works fine for me. Airplaneman 21:38, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
Repaired, but really hoping that Trevor will provide a good hook in the core software for this soon. —TheDJ (talkcontribs) 19:28, 16 May 2010 (UTC)

Could you please update the Vector_Video_Standards2.svg image?[edit]

I am a frequent re-viewer of the image Vector_Video_Standards2.svg, as seen at URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vector_Video_Standards2.svg

I understand that you are the most recent person to update it. I understand that the new iPhone 4 has a screen resolution of 960x640 (See URL: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/iphone-4-announced/). Could you please update the image to show this resolution, if not it's Standard Terminology, then AT LEAST where the resolution falls in relationship to the others?

Thanks,
LP-mn (talk) 18:45, 7 June 2010 (UTC)

LP-mn, If we add the iPhone 4.0, should we then add the other iPhones, the Nokia N900, the various android HTC smartphones, and the hundreds of other phones as well?
Perhaps a new graphic is in order, for comparing phone screens. --TheJosh (talk) 06:56, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
Hmmmmm... I hadn't thought of that. Here ignorant ol' me was foolish enough to think that "they" would have chosen a standard or semi-standard screen resolution. I don't have an answer for you.

LP-mn (talk) 20:25, 10 June 2010 (UTC)

You are now a Reviewer[edit]

Wikipedia Reviewer.svg

Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, is currently undergoing a two-month trial scheduled to end 15 August 2010.

Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under pending changes. Pending changes is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial. The list of articles with pending changes awaiting review is located at Special:OldReviewedPages.

When reviewing, edits should be accepted if they are not obvious vandalism or BLP violations, and not clearly problematic in light of the reason given for protection (see Wikipedia:Reviewing process). More detailed documentation and guidelines can be found here.

If you do not want this userright, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time. Courcelles (talk) 18:01, 18 June 2010 (UTC)

New page compatibility[edit]

FYI: the new page script works on Opera 10.63 and Flock 2.6.1 also. :) ~ QwerpQwertus Talk 21:02, 23 October 2010 (UTC)

Meetup 12 June 2011[edit]

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that Liam Wyatt is in town, so we were thinking of doing a quick meetup at Brunelli's cafe in Rundle Street (at the Rundle Mall end, near the car park) at 6pm on Sunday, with a possibility of drinks afterwards. So if you're interested we hope to see you there. :) - Bilby (talk) 03:27, 10 June 2011 (UTC)

Meetup 12 June 2011[edit]

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that Liam Wyatt is in town, so we were thinking of doing a quick meetup at Brunelli's cafe in Rundle Street (at the Rundle Mall end, near the car park) at 6pm on Sunday, with a possibility of drinks afterwards. So if you're interested we hope to see you there. :) - Bilby (talk) 03:30, 10 June 2011 (UTC)

new page patrol script[edit]

hi TheJosh, is it ok to take a copy of your script and make local mods? i confess i already did it, but it occurred to me at the weekend that i should probably ask first! if its not ok, let me know and i'll undo my changes. on the other hand if you want the changes (dont go back 5 minutes, only list articles not patrolled, removed auto-disable) just let me know and i'll forward them to you (after i tidy them up a bit). cheers -- The Elves Of Dunsimore (talk) 08:18, 13 June 2011 (UTC)

Nomination for deletion of Template:Auto link[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svgTemplate:Auto link has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. The Evil IP address (talk) 20:14, 16 August 2011 (UTC)

New Page Patrol survey[edit]

NPPbarnstar.jpg

New page patrol – Survey Invitation


Hello TheJosh! The WMF is currently developing new tools to make new page patrolling much easier. Whether you  have patrolled many pages or only a few, we now need to  know about your experience. The survey takes only 6 minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist us in analyzing the results of the survey; the WMF will not use the information to identify you.

  • If this invitation  also appears on other accounts you  may  have, please complete the  survey  once only. 
  • If this has been sent to you in error and you have never patrolled new pages, please ignore it.

Please click HERE to take part.
Many thanks in advance for providing this essential feedback.


You are receiving this invitation because you  have patrolled new pages. For more information, please see NPP Survey. Global message delivery 13:34, 26 October 2011 (UTC)

Invitation to events: bot, template, and Gadget makers wanted[edit]

I thought you might want to know about some upcoming events where you can learn more about MediaWiki customization and development, extending functionality with JavaScript, the future of ResourceLoader and Gadgets, the new Lua templating system, how to best use the web API for bots, and various upcoming features and changes. We'd love to have power users, bot maintainers and writers, and template makers at these events so we can all learn from each other and chat about what needs doing.

Check out the Berlin hackathon in June, the developers' days preceding Wikimania in July in Washington, DC, or any of our other events.

Best wishes! - Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation's Volunteer Development Coordinator. Please reply on my talk page, here or at mediawiki.org. Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator 13:23, 2 April 2012 (UTC)

We do especially want script authors like you at the Berlin hackathon in June. Registration is now open -- if you would need financial subsidy or visa help, please let us know that when you register. Thanks! Sumana Harihareswara, Wikimedia Foundation Volunteer Development Coordinator 13:24, 2 April 2012 (UTC)

User:TheJoshy[edit]

I assume that this isn't you? If it isn't, I can see some people getting confused. --AussieLegend (talk) 08:49, 7 August 2012 (UTC)

Nope, not me. --TheJosh (talk) 02:02, 17 August 2012 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for September 20[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Laratinga Wetlands, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Aboriginal (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 11:26, 20 September 2012 (UTC)


New Page Patrol script[edit]

Hi Josh, I didn't want to post this on the documentation talk page as the last entry was in 2010 and that's still awaiting an answer - would it be possible to link the 'new pages' title to the new pages special page? Cheers Osarius - Want a chat? 10:11, 14 October 2012 (UTC)

Probably, although I don't do development on this script any more. If you (or anyone else) makes a change and wants me to include it, I happily will, if you provide source code or a link to a change diff. --TheJosh (talk) 04:29, 15 October 2012 (UTC)

NPP script[edit]

I made a small change to your NPP script. There was a change in the skin that the script was no longer aligned with. It was still working, but now it's using the same markup again as the other menus which is nicer. —TheDJ (talkcontribs) 10:50, 25 April 2013 (UTC)

Nomination for deletion of Template:Infobox being modified[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svgTemplate:Infobox being modified has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. eh bien mon prince (talk) 12:06, 21 March 2014 (UTC)

FYI - Adelaide meetup on Wednesday next week[edit]

Riverside Precinct Adelaide Meetup
Next: TBA
Last: 7 May 2015
This box: view  talk  edit

More info here. Cheers, Pdfpdf (talk) 11:40, 10 April 2014 (UTC)

Notification of automated file description generation[edit]

Your upload of File:Chooks Sleeping in a Tree.jpg or contribution to its description is noted, and thanks (even if belatedly) for your contribution. In order to help make better use of the media, an attempt has been made by an automated process to identify and add certain information to the media's description page.

This notification is placed on your talk page because a bot has identified you either as the uploader of the file, or as a contributor to its metadata. It would be appreciated if you could carefully review the information the bot added. To opt out of these notifications, please follow the instructions here. Thanks! Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 14:32, 29 April 2014 (UTC)

Proposed deletion of Chaotic Rage[edit]

Ambox warning yellow.svg

The article Chaotic Rage has been proposed for deletion because of the following concern:

software article of unclear notability, lacking independent reliable sources

While all constructive contributions to Wikipedia are appreciated, content or articles may be deleted for any of several reasons.

You may prevent the proposed deletion by removing the {{proposed deletion/dated}} notice, but please explain why in your edit summary or on the article's talk page.

Please consider improving the article to address the issues raised. Removing {{proposed deletion/dated}} will stop the proposed deletion process, but other deletion processes exist. In particular, the speedy deletion process can result in deletion without discussion, and articles for deletion allows discussion to reach consensus for deletion. Dialectric (talk) 13:20, 5 June 2014 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for June 6[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Chaotic Rage, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Lua (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 08:59, 6 June 2014 (UTC)

Invitation to Adelaide Wikipedia Users Group meetings[edit]

Riverside Precinct Adelaide
Edit-a-thon

Next: T.B.A.
Last: 6 July 2014
This box: view  talk  edit

Hi, in case you're not already aware of it, a group of Adelaide Wikipedians has been meeting on a monthly basis since April, with the aim of improving the scope and quality of articles on South Australian topics. We meet at UniSA's City West campus, and our 23 July meeting will have a guest speaker from the National Trust of SA.

This coming Sunday, 6 July, we will be holding our first Edit-a-thon. This will be an opportunity for new editors to come and learn either basic or more advanced editing from very experienced wikipedians, so if you know anyone who would like to get some practice, please let them know - and beginners will be very welcome. Cheers, Bahudhara (talk) 06:41, 4 July 2014 (UTC)