Hi, this is Soni, previously known as TheOriginalSoni. It is time to get the Wiki back into Wikipedia
|This is Soni's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Soni.|
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12|
Wikipedia Entry for Mulgrave School
Soni, my name is Karem Planas and I work for a non-profit independent high school in West Vancover BC (Mulgrave School). My predecessor created a Wikipedia entry for our school that was deemed to be promotional and advertising. Most of the schools around us have Wikepdia entries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collingwood_School and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crofton_House_School). We would like to have the opportunity to edit the article in a way that meets Wikipedia guidelines. Should we dispute the delete or create a new page? If dispute is suggested, should I reach out to the last editor? Thanks Soni! Mulgravecomms (talk) 19:26, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Karen (Mulgravecomms),
- First, I see that your username is "Mulgravecomms" which appears to be an account for Mulgrave school than for your own personal uses. Per Wikipedia:Username_policy all accounts are supposed to be personal only, therefore I suggest that you either get the account name changed or make another account for yourself only and use that account for editing Wikipedia.
- Now to answer your question, for any article to be created, Wikipedia requires that all articles here be notable. In this case, almost all schools are considered notable so that isnt an issue. But the content in those articles also needs to be neutral and encyclopediac. While I cannot see the article that was deleted, I think this is the case here. Can you link the article to me so I could see what the discussion is?
- As for what you should be doing, I suggest that you dispute the delete but also make sure to remove anything that might be considered promotional. This means that anything that is not a fact needs to be removed or sourced. For example, statements such as "The school was established in 1980" will be a fact, but "The school has a high quality of top-notch education" is not a fact. Any non facts need to be cited by reliable secondary sources. I personally recommend erring on the side of caution though and first removing anything non neutral/non factual.
- Also, a common error that new editors usually make is to directly copy-paste information from elsewhere. Please note that this is considered a copyright violation and also results in immediate deletion of pages. A way around it is to simply write everything in your own words and ensure not even a single sentence in the article is identical to any other external locations.
- Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me any further information.
- Soni (talk) 05:11, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
Draft:NNG (company) concern
Hi there, I'm HasteurBot. I just wanted to let you know that Draft:NNG (company), a page you created, has not been edited in 6 months. The Articles for Creation space is not an indefinite storage location for content that is not appropriate for articlespace.
If your submission is not edited soon, it could be nominated for deletion. If you would like to attempt to save it, you will need to improve it.
You may request Userfication of the content if it meets requirements.
If the deletion has already occured, instructions on how you may be able to retrieve it are available at WP:REFUND/G13.
Can i be adopted?
Hi The Original Soni, I would like to be adopted as I'm not experienced. I joined yesterday and I would like to have support from an experienced user. So leave a message here and I hope for yes. Inform me as quick as you can. Kyle Nightingale (talk) 10:20, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:54, 24 November 2015 (UTC)