User talk:The Banner
- 1 Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents
- 2 A barnstar for you!
- 3 July 2016
- 4 The Signpost: 04 July 2016
- 5 List of former populated places in Croatia
- 6 Apology
- 7 Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Titles
- 8 Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals)
- 9 Please comment on Talk:Bombardier Movia & CNR Changchun C951
- 10 The Signpost: 21 July 2016
- 11 Friendly suggestion
- 12 Please comment on Talk:Philippines v. China
- 13 Cephalonia
- 14 Google listmania
- 15 Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style
There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you are involved. The thread is located at The Banner. Thank you. North America1000 12:27, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
- Too bad for you.
12:53, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
- I closed the discussion. You may be surprised that one option I considered in this close was an immediate indefinite block, but I don't believe there is consensus for this yet. However, this is a final warning due to a persistent battleground mentality after years of similar behaviour and repeated blocks and warnings. If you do not abide by these conditions, I believe that any admin will be justified in imposing an indef block without further warnings:
- 1. Topic ban from pageants for three months, starting today. No discussion of pageants or discussion of the editing of others about pageants;
- 2. No comments about other editors' behavioural issues, including their motivations (COI) or conduct, on article talk pages or other venues apart from those users' talk pages and appropriate noticeboard, i.e. no more casting aspersions;
- 3. Remain civil at all times. Please read WP:CIVIL carefully. You once commented "I'm just a rude guy" - I don't know if that was sarcastic or truthful, but from now you need to not be rude to other editors;
- 4. Respect consensus of the outcome of deletion discussions and other discussions - no redirecting when the outcone was merge, no merging when the outcome was keep;
- 5. All deletion nominations need to follow WP:BEFORE. Deletion nominations of many similar articles or templates must be preceded by a discussion and be done as a bulk nomination;
- 6. Follow WP:1RR on all articles and templates. Fences&Windows 12:32, 9 July 2016 (UTC)
- I will respect your decision but do not agree with it. Especially 4 and 5 are harsh, as they are very vulnerable to the way you look at it. At four: what is relevant info to merge? And at five: what is considered properly following WP:BEFORE? In fact, WP:BEFORE is asking an editor to clean up and improve even the most dodgy article before sending it to AfD...
- But I will abide your decision. 17:41, 9 July 2016 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|For all your pageant related work. The ANI thread is mostly balderdash from people who don't understand the level of pageant article garbage there is around here. ...William, is the complaint department really on the roof? 00:37, 2 July 2016 (UTC)|
You currently appear to be engaged in an edit war according to the reverts you have made on Template:Michelin stars in Drenthe, Netherlands. Users are expected to collaborate with others, to avoid editing disruptively, and to try to reach a consensus rather than repeatedly undoing other users' edits once it is known that there is a disagreement.
Please be particularly aware that Wikipedia's policy on edit warring states:
- Edit warring is disruptive regardless of how many reverts you have made.
- Do not edit war even if you believe you are right.
If you find yourself in an editing dispute, use the article's talk page to discuss controversial changes; work towards a version that represents consensus among editors. You can post a request for help at an appropriate noticeboard or seek dispute resolution. In some cases it may be appropriate to request temporary page protection. If you engage in an edit war, you may be blocked from editing. Softlavender (talk) 12:06, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- For your information: what I did was filling the row and changed all other templates in this series accordingly. So I have solved the issue of the empty rows. 12:14, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
The Signpost: 04 July 2016
- News and notes: Board unanimously appoints Katherine Maher as new WMF executive director; Wikimedia lawsuits in France and Germany
- Op-ed: Two policies in conflict?
- In the media: Terrorism database cites Wikipedia as a source
- Featured content: Triple fun of featured content
- Traffic report: Goalposts; Oy vexit
List of former populated places in Croatia
I have created this article in the first place few years ago, and it's to primitive for 2016. so I made it better. In the next few years all of red links will have articles so don't worry about that, I have put six different external links, two of them are from Državni zavod za statistiku which have all of these villages in list. Here they are: first one, second one and four others. If you want to do something useful for your world, please, create new, better articles and don't hate other people and nations. Croatia is my country and you can cooperate, but please don't be an idiot. Thank you! --BrunoMed (talk) 15:09, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
- I do not hate you, I do not hate Croatia but I do hate very bad articles. The massive list of red links are just soso. The problem are the 85 different links to disambiguation pages. All without information to identify them. Instead of being critical about me, you better start looking at the quality of your work and fix those links to disambiguation pages.
- And please, we are trying to work together. Do not use any personal attacks. 15:23, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
I am truly apologizing form my rude, childish behavior. I worked hours on that page. I am trying to do something that can help Wikipedia and other users, although I do the opposite, not on purpose. Once again, I am truly apologizing for all my bad actions, I promise it won′t happen again. --BrunoMed (talk) 09:39, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
- Apology accepted.
- I advice you to take a look at Wikipedia:WPCleaner, a tool used to solve links to disambiguation pages. It works on 1 article at a time. Using it of my own articles and draft articles, it gave my quite a few nasty surprises but I could fix them before they came into the open. It is, in my opinion, a very helpful tool!
- Good luck! 09:48, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Titles
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Titles. Legobot (talk) 04:25, 14 July 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals). Legobot (talk) 04:25, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Bombardier Movia & CNR Changchun C951
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Bombardier Movia & CNR Changchun C951. Legobot (talk) 04:28, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
The Signpost: 21 July 2016
- Discussion report: Busy month for discussions
- Featured content: A wide variety from the best
- Traffic report: Sports and esports
- Arbitration report: Script writers appointed for clerks
In future, please make sure to explain why you're reverting someone in the edit summary when the person you're reverting explained why they made that change. Thanks. FabulousFerd (talk) 20:59, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
- I noted that the info you had removed was relevant and not just a filler. When you disagree, discuss it on the talk page. 21:02, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
- Ow, and please note the you breached the Discretionary Sanctions on the Donald Trump article that stated that there is a 1RR (1 revert per 24 hour) in place and that challenged edits have to be discussed on the talk page. 21:14, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Philippines v. China
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Philippines v. China. Legobot (talk) 04:24, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
Ofir HonorTheIsland (talk) 15:34, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
- I do not know what you want with that, but I see nothing about cities on island without population. 19:25, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
per your edit of Google Earth. It appears there is a yet another walled garden and possibly extended bunch of same socks: ,. Also Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Coverage of Google Street View. Staszek Lem (talk) 21:28, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style. Legobot (talk) 04:25, 27 July 2016 (UTC)