User talk:The Cunctator
I noticed you added some clarifying language to Quaternary glaciation on March 25th of 2014. Unfortunately, one of your sentences ends prematurely, and I do not know how you intended to finish it(else I would've just fixed it). The offending sentences: "Remnants of these last glaciers, now occupying about 10% of the world's land surface, still exist in Greenland, Antarctica and mountainous regions. The retreat of glaciers since 1850 is a consequence of the unequivocal warming of the climate system during the ." (Then two references) -- jtulley — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jtulley (talk • contribs) 03:45, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
- 1 The David H. Koch Fund For Science listed at Redirects for discussion
- 2 David Koch
- 3 A cheeseburger for you!
- 4 List of Climate Scientists NPOV tag
- 5 This Friday: Women in Architecture edit-a-thon @ Cambridge, MA
- 6 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 7 Wikipedia library Newspapers.com renewal
- 8 Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
- 9 A new user right for New Page Patrollers
- 10 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 11 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 12 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 13 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 14 Terrorist incident listed at Redirects for discussion
- 15 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
The David H. Koch Fund For Science listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect The David H. Koch Fund For Science. Since you had some involvement with the The David H. Koch Fund For Science redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 04:55, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
A cheeseburger for you!
|Wow, the Cunctutator is still an active Wikipedian. I had thought you were just a legend... Cheers! Hawkeye7 (talk) 20:37, 13 March 2015 (UTC)|
- Yes, the legend lives. Though it's good to see people still can't spell my handle. --The Cunctator (talk) 23:44, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
List of Climate Scientists NPOV tag
Hi! I've been busy the past week fleshing out the manual list page List of climate scientists. I count 87 new names I've added in, all to existing bio pages. This picks up many of the top authors in climate science. I feel this list page is much better reflective of the professional field now. On that basis, would you be willing to remove the NPOV tag from that page?Birdbrainscan (talk) 16:21, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- I think it's much better but it still overweights contrarians - I count about 10 out of 200 names when the representative sample is more like 2-3 out of 100. So basically if the list of 10 contrarian/skeptic/deniers remains there should be another 100 prominent climate scientists added to properly reflect the actual field. --The Cunctator (talk) 23:30, 22 March 2015 (UTC)
This Friday: Women in Architecture edit-a-thon @ Cambridge, MA
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:51, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia library Newspapers.com renewal
Your free one-year account with Newspapers.com will end on May 7 2016. Newspapers.com has offered to extend existing accounts by another year. If you wish to keep your account until May 7 2017, please add your name to the Account Renewal list here. I'll let Newspapers.com customer support know, and they will extend your subscription. If you don't want to keep your account for another year, you don't have to do anything. Your account will expire unless I hear from you that you want to keep it. HazelAB (talk) 13:36, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
Please note that TOTP based two-factor authentication is now available for all administrators. In light of the recent compromised accounts, you are encouraged to add this additional layer of security to your account. It may be enabled on your preferences page in the "User profile" tab under the "Basic information" section. For basic instructions on how to enable two-factor authentication, please see the developing help page for additional information. Important: Be sure to record the two-factor authentication key and the single use keys. If you lose your two factor authentication and do not have the keys, it's possible that your account will not be recoverable. Furthermore, you are encouraged to utilize a unique password and two-factor authentication for the email account associated with your Wikimedia account. This measure will assist in safeguarding your account from malicious password resets. Comments, questions, and concerns may be directed to the thread on the administrators' noticeboard. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:33, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
A new user right for New Page Patrollers
Hi The Cunctator.
A new user group, New Page Reviewer, has been created in a move to greatly improve the standard of new page patrolling. The user right can be granted by any admin at PERM. It is highly recommended that admins look beyond the simple numerical threshold and satisfy themselves that the candidates have the required skills of communication and an advanced knowledge of notability and deletion. Admins are automatically included in this user right.
It is anticipated that this user right will significantly reduce the work load of admins who patrol the performance of the patrollers. However,due to the complexity of the rollout, some rights may have been accorded that may later need to be withdrawn, so some help will still be needed to some extent when discovering wrongly applied deletion tags or inappropriate pages that escape the attention of less experienced reviewers, and above all, hasty and bitey tagging for maintenance. User warnings are available here but very often a friendly custom message works best.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:38, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Terrorist incident listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Terrorist incident. Since you had some involvement with the Terrorist incident redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. - CHAMPION (talk) (contributions) (logs) 08:58, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.