User talk:The Original Bob
I a totally newbie to posting it on Wikipedia, i am just trying to figure out how to post related articles with reference here. I apologize if my act is causing inconvenience.
You've asked for adoption. I'd be happy to mentor you. Feel free to take a look at my user page, my user talk page, and my contributions to get to know who I am. If I look like a good fit for you, then we can get started. Chris Troutman (talk) 05:22, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi Chris, you seem like a good match, I want to help with anti-vandalism in a constructive way and help people on talk pages, as well as general Wiki gnome stuff. I've had a look at software to fight vandalism etc but it's hard to know which is best. What do you recommend?
- There are some preliminaries to handle first. You're very new so I'm going to invite you to complete the Wikipedia Adventure. The editing practice you make there will not only be educational but also bring you into the editing window for counter-vandalism training.
- I noticed you've already installed Lupin's tool and Igloo. I like Lupin's tool. I'm a graduate of the Counter-Vandalism Academy so if you like, I'll become your CVUA trainer after you complete TWA and I'll take you through the CVUA course. After that we can explore some more possibilities. Chris Troutman (talk) 07:12, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- I've completed the Wikipedia Adventure now (unless I've missed anything) what's next? The Original Bob (talk) 16:31, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- Be sure to change the adoption template on your user page so you're not still in the "looking for adoption" category. The next step is CVUA. Chris Troutman (talk) 22:39, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- I've been having trouble saving my edits, it keeps referring me back to the page and asking me to save the edit. I'll try again later.The Original Bob (talk) 15:44, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- It's still not letting me complete the program, I get to the"Let them know that you, 'Added wikilinks to relevant and unique terms".Then SAVE when you're ready.' and when I click save it tells me to go back to the page and click save.The Original Bob (talk) 16:09, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Congratulations. You're now enrolled in the Counter-Vandalism Academy with me as your instructor. This is your CVUA page. I've posted your first assignment. As you complete each assignment I'll assign another one until your training is completed. Chris Troutman (talk) 22:37, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
Welcome to The Wikipedia Adventure!
-- 12:46, Tuesday, January 23, 2018 (UTC)
|Say Hello to the World||An Invitation to Earth||Small Changes, Big Impact||The Neutral Point of View||The Veil of Verifiability||The Civility Code||Looking Good Together|
You've just tagged this article for speedy deletion. This article should not be speedily deleted for lack of asserted importance because: it meets all the criteria laid out in the Wikipedia notability guide for military individuals : "Individuals will almost always have sufficient coverage to qualify if they: Held a rank considered to be a flag, general or air officer, or their historical equivalents". Given that Maxwell Brander was a British General, and that the article has been properly supported by references to extremely highly regarded sources, I see absolutely no reason why it should be deleted.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Vietnamvat (talk • contribs)
- (talk page stalker) @Vietnamvat: I removed the CSD tag per WP:MILPEOPLE; The Original Bob made a mistake. Be advised that pointing to other articles is not a valid argument. I understand your frustration. As you noted, Wikipedians are spread thin in some places and not all users have the same experience level to properly adjudicate article issues. That said, I also agree that you should have absolutly no confidence. Wikipedia encourages users to fix problems themselves as it is unlikely another user may fix it for you. The best thing to do if you need help is to look at what help Wikipedia provides or ask a questions at the Teahouse. I also encourage Wikipedians to join a WikiProject where other like-minded editors can be found. If you have any other issues, please contact me on my talk page. Chris Troutman (talk) 17:25, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
|CVU Academy Graduate|
|Congratulations, The Original Bob, on your successful completion of this CVUA program from the Counter-Vandalism Unit Academy. You completed your final exam with 90.6%. Well done and congratulations. Further information on your progress through the academy can be found at your Counter-Vandalism Unit Academy page. Chris Troutman (talk) 21:04, 27 September 2014 (UTC)|
Next step in mentor process
With CVUA completed, we can discuss where you'd like to go next in the mentor process. You had mentioned earlier about helping users on talk pages. If you'd like some guidance in this area I have other places in Wikipedia to show you. There are a lot of niches to be a WikiGnome, too. Are there any fields of study for which you have an affinity? Chris Troutman (talk) 21:12, 27 September 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for mentoring me and helping through the CVUA. As you can probably tell from my edit history, I'm finding it hard to find time to edit as much as I'd like, mainly due to work. If it's okay with you, can I'd like to carry on with the anti-vandalism work sporadically but possibly come back to more mentoring a few months down the line?
- Sure thing. This relationship lasts as long as you want it to. Hit me up on my talk page whenever you need guidance. I'll continue to stalk your talk page in the meantime. Chris Troutman (talk) 19:09, 28 September 2014 (UTC)
Dont Delete Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya
Hello Bob, You have deleted an article Dikkulu Choodaku Ramayya, Which is a 2014 Telugu film, Released on October 10, 2014. I have added references and The article has got links from other Wiki Articles M. M. Keeravani and Indraja (actress). I request you check the article's genuinity , before deleting. all my efforts are wasted and I am highly discouraged with your action.--సుల్తాన్ ఖాదర్ (talk) 07:18, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
Your experience with Wikipedia so far
Welcome to Wikipedia! I am conducting a quick survey about newcomer support and I would like to hear about your experience so far. Your response will go a long way to help us build a better experience for newcomers like yourself. The survey will take you around 10 minutes to complete.
To learn more about the study, visit this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Co-op
To take the survey, visit this link: https://syracuseuniversity.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2bnPZz0HelBaY85
Editathon and Meetup invitations
When? Saturday, 7 March 2014, 11am-4pm.
Where? 2 Dugard Way (off Renfrew Road) London SE11 4TH.
Point of contact: Fabian Tompsett (fabian.tompsettwikimedia.org.uk) for Wikimedia UK..
Further details and Registration: Education Program:Wikimedia UK/Cinema Museum 2015 (Spring 2015).
Hi The Original Bob, You are cordially invited to an opportunity
to meet active Wikimedians in and around London face-to-face.
Description: Informal afternoon in a pub, children welcome.
When? Sunday, 8th March from 1 pm.
Where? Penderel's Oak, 283-288 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7HP..
Further details and check in: London 91
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:06, 24 November 2015 (UTC)