User talk:The Rambling Man/Archive 5
- 1 reverted edit to Q
- 2 hello
- 3 OSX counter-vandalism
- 4 Thanks
- 5 New message
- 6 message in reply to budgiekiller
- 7 Buckaw!
- 8 Macca/McCartney
- 9 Comment from User:Dariosanchez15
- 10 Fix Please?
- 11 Comment from User:126.96.36.199
- 12 PEEK A BOO!
- 13 Headline text
- 14 some edit from Follow The Reaper...
- 15 My user page
- 16 User bdoserror
- 17 Your VP bot and Kublai Khan
- 18 Thanks User:Mikecraig
- 19 Modern Orthodox revision
- 20 Coventry City F.C.
- 21 Comment from User:188.8.131.52
- 22 Sumter
- 23 International Falls, Minnesota
- 24 You got mail
- 25 To You
- 26 Reverted Page
- 27 jacqueline de romilly
- 28 Vandalism coaching assignment
reverted edit to Q
My edit to that article was not a test, it was intentional and I think it was a good edit. The online editions should get priority of placement over the printed editions since they're more accessible for users and they don't cost anything. Please don't revert edits like that without an explanation. I'm going to restore it. Change it back if you feel you must, but leave a message on the article's talk page explaining what your issue is. 184.108.40.206 09:32, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm, looks like my use of WP:VPRF is playing up. Apologies. Budgiekiller 09:36, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm already spoken for...! Budgiekiller 17:53, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
Hey there. I was just reading another talk page and saw you mention Safari and VandalProof. "Odd," I thought to myself and I came over here to check out your page. Well, since you're an OSX user and you work in counter-vandalism, could I get your feedback on WikiGuard? It's a counter-vandalism app I've been working on and I'd like to try and improve it to the point where it's actually solid. Anywho, any feedback you could provide would be awesome. Thanks! --Brad Beattie (talk) 08:06, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hey. Thanks for your message about WikiGuard. I'm at work at the moment, and we're using XP on PCs so I'll have to wait until I get home to give it a go, but I'd be delighted to trial it for you and provide feedback! Cheers! Budgiekiller 08:10, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm, slight problem, I'm still working on OS X 10.3... I must upgrade soon! Budgiekiller 08:12, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Well, here's a deal, as soon as 10.5 comes up, I'll upgrade to that, within minutes, and then we can play. As long as WikiGuard is 10.5 compatible! Budgiekiller 08:22, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Ditto. You saw the demos of time machine and all that jazz at the recent conference? Very sexy operating system (did I just say that?) Budgiekiller 10:54, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, no worries! I did think twice, but it didn't appear to be a particularly useful edit! Budgiekiller 17:31, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
I have a message about a revert from the Pixar Cars page. I moved one sentence from one section and placed it in another. Because they were in seperate paragraphs, the could not simply be moved. You've now got spelling errors and run-on sentences (bargans!). Please review. Cheers 220.127.116.11 15:46, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hey, indeed you're correct. I've reverted my poor revert and added in the details you added after my revert. Apologies for the false notification and bad edit, and thanks for letting me know. Happy editing! Cheers! Budgiekiller 15:52, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- I wonder if I'm attracting all these bots from editing from my IP instead of my login username... I kinda wish it was automatic, as I think I do more edits without logging in (pure laziness, I assure). Anyway, thx for the help. (Gaviidae) 18.104.22.168 12:50, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
- Well I certainly concentrate on anonymous IP edits when I'm vandal hunting and I expect other RC patrollers do the same! Still, we should all be careful what we identify as 'vandalism'! Cheers! Budgiekiller 16:22, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
message in reply to budgiekiller
in reply to your message: User talk:22.214.171.124 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search
It might not have been your intention, but your recent edit removed content from Fantasia (Fantasia album). Please be careful not to remove content from Wikipedia without a valid reason, which you should specify in the edit summary or on the article's talk page. Take a look at our welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. Thank you. A link to the edit I have reverted can be found here: link. If you believe this edit should not have been reverted, please contact me. Budgiekiller 17:01, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
My reply: I have no clue how to contact you, so I leave this message here. I believe my edit should not have been reverted. I put my motivation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fantasia_%28Fantasia_album%29
- The reason your edit was reverted by me was that you removed a large section of the text of the article without providing an explanation. You did not provide an edit summary, so I perceived your edit as vandalism. I apologise if you feel that my reversion of your removal of a significant portion of the article was unjustified. Budgiekiller 17:28, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- Indeed I do! Cheers! Budgiekiller 18:25, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- I guess it's only fair of me to say that if you continue to vandalise articles, you'll end up being blocked! Budgiekiller 18:29, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- Great! Budgiekiller 22:31, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
I have no idea what happened, but I'm trying to revert back to the stuff I edited. Computers, huh? --andreasegde 23:19, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- Indeed! Budgiekiller 16:23, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
Comment from User:Dariosanchez15
Thanks! I love it when people go through my pages with a fine tooth comb! I'm sure all of your articles are totally legitimate. And Norwich City rock! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dariosanchez15 (talk • contribs)
- I'm glad you appreciate my efforts! Budgiekiller 19:53, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
I seem to have thoroughly messed up trying to nominate Atherton Hall (Penn State) for deletion a second time by AFD - you look like an experienced editor, can you fix the mess? And... is there a good guide to how to do this? I tried to follow the instructions, and things didn't work. --Brianyoumans 22:01, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
- Never mind, seems to be OK now. --Brianyoumans 22:05, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
Comment from User:126.96.36.199
- Yes, I can see that. I guess that you reverted it before me (by a minute or two) and I was looking at old data. Thanks for letting me know, and apologies for any distress caused. Budgiekiller 16:56, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
PEEK A BOO!
I was legitimetly editing the page, and you are now officially the pedophile so all in all you can go to hell and suck you dead grandmas tit and foot!
- Hmm. Sure thing. Budgiekiller 19:08, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
look i dont care who you think you are my piece on george sand was short and to the point you can say wat u wan tbut my writing was factual and normally wikipedia isnt always accurate but my work on sand and chopin is anything but innacurrate. it is escpecially good for a child my age. so bac off an di dont think it was any of tyour buisness anyways. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Hello. I'm sure your edit was, in your opinion, especially good, but it deleted a large amount of other work so that's why I reverted it. Please don't be discouraged and please continue to edit Wikipedia constructively! Cheers! Budgiekiller 22:02, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hey?! Budgiekiller 22:03, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
some edit from Follow The Reaper...
hey! sorry about that edit on the "Album Information" for Follow The Reaper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follow_The_Reaper) earlier today, my friend was messing around on my computer. Anyway, I just felt the need to apologize for that. hah. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:32, 5 December 2006 (UTC).
- well, your friend obviously has a spelling problem, especially someone of his age. You might try to reach out to him, because he is obviously falling behind his peers quickly. Are you a real friend or just a 'friend,' if you know what I mean? --220.127.116.11 00:43, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- Real friend. All though I didn't see what she had edited it to as the edit, for some reason, wouldn't show up on my computer, it just showed up blank - I'm pretty sure she wasn't spelling anything correctly on purpose. She tends to spell horribly on the internet if she's trying to "joke around" or something of the sort. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:10, 5 December 2006 (UTC).
Thanks for your discussions here. Please continue to edit Wikipedia in an informative and constructive manner! Cheers! Budgiekiller 07:48, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
My user page
Now that you're a super duper whizzy techy kind of bloke, can you help unscrew up my user page? --Dweller 16:20, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hey, Dweller, long time no hear! I'm still rusty with the Wiki mark-up, but what is it that you're trying to sort out with the user boxes, exactly?
3-1... Budgiekiller 17:58, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- They look
like John Warkrubbish. Look at the bordering etc. --Dweller 18:10, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- They look
- Hmm, that is a mess - particularly that 'On the ball, City' stuff(!). I'll see if I can make it any better. Budgiekiller 18:24, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for reverting the vandalism to my user page. --Bdoserror 17:46, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- You're very welcome! Cheers! Budgiekiller 17:47, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- I see now that the same IP address vandalized one of my comments on Talk:Buckaroo Bonzai vs. the World Crime League (moved from the Talk:World Crime League). Coincidentally, that IP address belongs to the same ISP (Verizon) with whom I've gone back and forth about some additions they keep making to the World Crime League page that aren't related to the article. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bdoserror (talk • contribs) 17:52, 5 December 2006 (UTC).
- Firstly stay calm about the vandalism. Several users such as myself will have the IP blacklisted and, as such, any vandalism will be dealt with relatively quickly. If vandalism persists, the IP can be reported at WP:AIV. Since it's an anonymous IP, any block will doubtless be relatively short, but it may be enough to deter the errant editor. If all else fails you can request for a page to be protected - an administrator will be able to assess the situation and protect where required. Hope some of this helps. If you need to discuss anything further, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Cheers! Budgiekiller 17:57, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Your VP bot and Kublai Khan
Well, considering that my edit, which your bot reverted, was itself a reversion of a previous edit which consisted on the addition of
- Jared Christophel says that hes a dumb little fuck.
and that I clearly identified it in the edit summary as "removed vandalism", you can easily imagine what I think of the accuracy of your bot. 22.214.171.124 18:44, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hello there! Firstly, this was human error, no bot error. And I most certainly apologise for the inaccuracy of the reversion. Perhaps you'd be generous enough to let me explain - your edit was made one minute before mine - WP:VPRF, the tool I was using, preloaded the diff's and, in this case, you had correctly reverted the vandalism before I was able to. Following your reversion, I then reverted your revert and inadvertedly replaced the vandalism. I have subsequently chased down all the vandalism on the page.
- I'm sorry that this has happened and hope that my explanation has made things clear. Thanks for letting me know that I'd messed up, and happy editing. Cheers! Budgiekiller 18:50, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for picking up on the blanking of my user page! Keep up the good work. --Mikecraig 21:12, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- No worries! Thanks for the feedback! Budgiekiller 22:09, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Modern Orthodox revision
- I apologise - your reasoning came ten minutes after a section of the article was blanked. It appears that another editor also believes your blanking to be vandalism. As I've said on your talk page, blanking sections of articles from anon IPs tends to be taken as vandalism. Feel free to edit the page again, although according to this, some editors of that page don't necessarily agree with your edits either. Thanks for letting me know. In the future, could you please sign your edits with the ~~~~ as it makes life easier for everyone. Cheers! Budgiekiller 07:45, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
Looking at the history of Coventry City F.C. you did some reverts a few days ago and I was wondering if you would cast your eyes over it again.
There have been several edits since then some OK but many vandalism. I cannot construct a sensible page from the edits so do you think the whole lot need reverting and starting again?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Keith D 23:40, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- Many thanks. It looks OK. I have just got to revert this mornings vandalism now!
- Keith D 12:14, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
Hey, I've added it to my watchlist so if the culprit re-appears, I should be able to revert a lot sooner than before! Cheers! Budgiekiller 12:38, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
Comment from User:126.96.36.199
- Thanks for your edits. I'm afraid unless you can provide verifiable citations your edits, particularly the most recent (namely this one) will be considered pure vandalism and will be reverted immediately. Cheers! Budgiekiller 18:07, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
Was Stephen Colbert born in sumter becasue if you go to his Wikipedia it says he was born in Washington DC. Thanks Amber email@example.com —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:30, 8 December 2006 (UTC).
- Your question is very reasonable, but during the course of your edit to include the information you accidentally removed all the External links for the page. That's why you received the WP:VPRF warning for removing information from the page. Good luck and happy editing. Budgiekiller 17:32, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Please be more careful in using VandalProof tool. In my opinion you reverted 2 perfectly justifiable edits to the article by an anonymous contributor (, , ). --KPbIC 02:45, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, the revisions made by the anon IP did not have an edit summary, and as such, the first edit appeared as if it was a section being deleted. The reversion I made then took place after the section that had been removed was rapidly replaced, again without an edit summary. Thanks for letting me know. Budgiekiller 15:33, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
You got mail
The Transhumanist 11:05, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for answering my questions. Very interesting. I've added some more questions for you. -TT 22:11, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
- Very kind, can I have it used $20s please? Budgiekiller 18:48, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Hello, I just received a mssage that you reverted a page I was altering. The reason the change needs to stay is due to the misinformation provided by the current page. "Ecchi" is actaully the mistranslation, instead of "Etchi" being the false one. The article even begins with the katakana エッチ e-t-chi. Look here for reference to characters: http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/dictionary/
Since I'm not capable of changing the main part of the article, I was altering all instances of "ecchi" to "etchi", in order to give the correct impression.
Forgot the links.
Actaully, to be specific, this should probably be added to it.
"In Japan, Etchi = "H" = "Sexual acts or behaviors." Hentai literally means "strange attitude", or the like, and is a starkly negative word. A hentai person would be into tenticle rape, for example. Etchi can simply be sex or softcore things. 18-kin and ero are used for adult content. In the US, Etchi has come to be synonomous with H and Hentai, encompassing anything sexy."
- Okay, thanks for your message. Firstly, if you sign up for an account (which is free) then you should be capable of editing this page to your heart's content. Secondly, and as to why I reverted your edits, the explanation is that your edit had no summary so there was no reasoning behind why you were changing the spelling of the subject of the article. With anonymous IP edits this is symptomatic of subtle vandalism. I've noted that you've subsequently edited the page again but left the original spelling, which is a good thing. If you feel that the whole page should be renamed, then you should consider suggesting a 'page move' and discuss it on the discussion page of the article. Hopefully this should help you understand why I reverted your edit. Please feel free to discuss this further, and happy editing. Cheers! Budgiekiller 20:06, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
jacqueline de romilly
I corrected a spelling mistake and removed some abuse from this page as I assumed that the whole point of wikipedia was to be able to do so. Obviously I was mistaken and will not try such 'experimentation' again.
- Thank you for letting me know that the VP warning I placed here was incorrect. I apologise for erroneously adding this message to your page, the challenge of using VP against vandals combined with the speed at which you made your edits resulted in me making a mistaken reversion. Also, I'd like to encourage you to add some comments to the edit summary so that it makes it easier to detect vandalism.
- However, that notwithstanding, firstly I'd like to thank you for bringing this to my attention, secondly I'd like to apologise for the false reversion, and thirdly I'd like to encourage you to keep editing Wikipedia in a productive and constructive fashion. Once again, apologies for the error and happy editing. Cheers! Budgiekiller 20:55, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Vandalism coaching assignment
Hi Budgiekiller. The vandalism section at the VC is growing. There are some more questions on there, and CattleGirl has posted a bunch of tips on a different approach to patrolling for vandalism (using Lupin's anti-vandal tool to patrol new pages). I was wondering, if you have experience with those topics (new pages and Lupin's), if you'd care to add your comments, questions, and observations? And if you don't yet know anything about them, I think that might be a good area for you to explore for a few days and then report anything interesting or useful that you learn.
The Transhumanist 05:11, 12 December 2006 (UTC)