User talk:The Vintage Feminist
|This is The Vintage Feminist's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to The Vintage Feminist.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
- 1 A page you started (The Cambridge Dictionary of Sociology) has been reviewed!
- 2 Invitation
- 3 Discussion on notability of local elections in the UK
- 4 Precious four years!
- 5 Talk pages on guideline & policy pages are not a venue to announce RfCs for an article
- 6 Lewisham East (UK Parliament constituency)
- 7 Blocked along with an IP vandal
- 8 Katharine Coman article
- 9 Football Lads Alliance, July 2018
- 10 Teahouse
A page you started (The Cambridge Dictionary of Sociology) has been reviewed!
Thanks for creating The Cambridge Dictionary of Sociology, The Vintage Feminist!
Wikipedia editor Narvekar ameya just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
This page is reviewed
To reply, leave a comment on Narvekar ameya's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
Discussion on notability of local elections in the UK
Hello. As you're a regular contributor in the field, I thought you might be interested in this discussion on notability of local elections in the UK (and this AfD). Cheers, Number 57 06:33, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
Precious four years!
Talk pages on guideline & policy pages are not a venue to announce RfCs for an article
And, of course, there is no WP:RfC. You also need to use section headings that don't focus on one particular editors. Sometimes we might, but you should be more specific. "Recent edits" would do, for instance. Talk pages after all are for discussing things such as edits, not editors. Doug Weller talk 15:44, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
Lewisham East (UK Parliament constituency)
Hi I took out the bolding in the winning candidate line to keep the page consistent with the style guide: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_UK_Parliament_constituencies/Style
Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? Every other constituency page I edit has it that way too.
- If you mean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_UK_Parliament_constituencies/Style#Elections it's an example showing the election boxes, rather than a definitive election box. I think "winning" was added later to the template. The WikiFairies just haven't got around to putting them all in bold. Some editors try to put winning candidates in bold which doesn't bold the name of the party, see this correction. --The Vintage Feminist (talk) 14:51, 23 June 2018 (UTC)
Ok I get it. I used to bold the winners but then I got burnt by an editor who felt quite strongly against it. They have since been banned for unrelated reasons. So bolding it is. If I get dusted up again I will be calling you in as the cavalry though :). I will go back and change all those constituency pages I have edited so that the winners are bolded. And the related by-election pages.
Blocked along with an IP vandal
I use a dongle and I believe I was unintentionally blocked along with this IP vandal.
- Blocking administrator: Drmies ( )
@Drmies: You blocked Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168/20 as a sock farm. The block is not anon-only, presumably because of the rampant sockpuppetry. But I see no overlap between edits from that range and this account, who has been editing for six years now with a clean record. I therefore suggest you, as blocking admin, consider changing the block to anon-only. Thoughts? --Yamla (talk) 12:20, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
- Yamla, I changed the block from hard to soft; Vintage Feminist, that should take care of the problem--sorry you got caught up in it. There were indeed a few socks here who were related to someone vandalizing one specific article for a few years now. I semi-protected that article also, so I'm hoping that will minimize that problem too. Drmies (talk) 13:52, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks Yamla and Drmies - England beat Sweden 2-0 in the 2018 FIFA World Cup#Quarter-finals and I'm back in the game! --The Vintage Feminist (talk) 16:57, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
Katharine Coman article
Greetings, I noted that a few years ago you worked on the Katharine Coman article. I have been working on it the last several days and would like to get your input on the edits made. Please drop by if you are interested. Thanks for all you do.AnaSoc (talk) 00:56, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- Looks great AnaSoc! --The Vintage Feminist (talk) 16:17, 11 July 2018 (UTC)
Football Lads Alliance, July 2018
- Hi The Gnome - Thanks very much for this and your detailed assessment before closure. --The Vintage Feminist (talk) 12:14, 13 July 2018 (UTC)