|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article.
Will you be joining in with us again? It would definitely be a great help.
- Thank you for the thought, Smallbones. Short version: No.
|Long version: Hell no|
- I'm very sorry you feel that way, but I understand where much of it comes from.
- I've thought many times about what's the best thing to say to you, but the best I can come up with is "Thanks."
- A year ago, I thought you were some kind of miracle from God sent to save me from the impossible workload that I had got myself into. I must have thought that anything I could say would only make things with you worse (they couldn't have been better from my point of view), so I'm sure I said the minimum. A new "sorry" and "thanks" are due here.
- The way this site runs is obviously crazy on its face, and I have no idea why people think that they can do what they do here so commonly. Do be aware that nobody escapes this, not even Jimbo Wales. I also have to say I have no idea why this works out so well in the end (for the encyclopedia at least). You have to understand that I think of encyclopedias in terms of the 1958 World Book that I grew up with.
- I don't remember much about the quarrel with Doncram, except that I thought that on *some* issues you hadn't thought everything through, and, as is quite common, Doncram hadn't considered the effect of his words on other people. I guess you have to have thick skin to operate around here. I did feel that, whatever my thoughts on the issues, I should have stood up for you simply because of loyalty and my debt of gratitude, but I just took the easy way out and let other people handle what I thought was a complicated issue. Sorry.
- I'd guess you know that I am not organizing WLM-US this year. I had an issue or two of my own that are not worth going into here - but felt that there was no need for me to beat my head against the wall, trying to convince people to do what I thought they should do. You can't make people do what you want them to do around here, you have to convince them, and I obviously wasn't a good enough convincer. Still it's that time of year and I'm like an old firehorse out to pasture, just waiting for the bell to ring!
- Please do come back, whenever you feel like you'll enjoy it.
- All the best,
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:56, 24 November 2015 (UTC)