User talk:Tide rolls/Archive 33
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Hey Tide...
- 2 126.96.36.199
- 3 IP Block
- 4 Gregorian Bivolaru
- 5 The deletion of the page 'Cona Newcombe'
- 6 Just wanted you to see this, nothing major
- 7 Blasphemy!
- 8 Kid Rock
- 9 kuba edit
- 10 February archive
- 11 Talkback
- 12 Greetings Rochester Institute of Technology
- 13 Section's title
- 14 east liverpool
- 15 Vandal Corps
- 16 The WITF wants you
- 17 What?
- 18 More
- 19 Turok 2008 (Video Game)
- 20 Unblock request of Daman222
- 21 who are you?
- 22 Reigning terror
- 23 Turok 2008 (Video Game)
- 24 New Messages
- 25 Opinion
- 26 Bagdad, FL
- Meh...it's not gotten to the free-for-all stage yet. But, the night's young :) Tiderolls 05:07, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, and she may also semi the article, too. If the noise continues and Diaannaa's not around, I'll pull trigger. Signing day is Feb 2 :) Tiderolls 05:12, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
Just FYI,  - I got Shirik to block 'em.
(and, BTW, you are *amazing* at t3h anti-vandal; you're my hero)
06:31, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- Hello, Chzz. You may not remember (it's been almost 2 years ago), but you provided much assistance to me on my arrival here. With your help, and the help of others, I was able to find a niche on WP. Any positive contribution I have made to this project is directly attributable to the help I received in those early days. So, I thank you for your good efforts. Keep up the good work See ya 'round Tiderolls 00:44, 28 January 2011 (UTC)
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Thank you very much for blocking this IP vandal. Bearian (talk) 18:12, 27 January 2011 (UTC)|
- I appreciate the recognition, Bearian. Of course, "recognition" is a double edged blade. I hope you would stop by with words of caution or advice if the need ever arose; I'm still learning :) See ya 'round Tiderolls 00:40, 28 January 2011 (UTC)
The deletion of the page 'Cona Newcombe'
I do not know why you deleted that page, the page was about me, the page was done for the people who respect me! I am famous in Liverpool, so people from Liverpool thought it was appropiate to make a page about me, i ask generously will you please put the page back on. Thank you ConaSnooks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by ConaSnooks (talk • contribs) 01:03, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) I think the reason why he deleted it was because it was an autobiography. Please see WP:Autobiography. WayneSlam 01:09, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- The reason for deletion was stated. You can learn why by reading the G7 criterion listed at WP:Criteria for speedy deletion. You should also read WP:Notability, WP:Verifiability and WP:Reliable sources. Tiderolls 01:11, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- It was also conflict of interest since he should wait for someone to write an article about him. WayneSlam 01:13, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
Just wanted you to see this, nothing major
An impostor has used your name on the sandbox: See Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Incidents#Trolling_of_sandbox. —Soap— 14:29, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up, Soap. Most folks could see that was a spoofer fairly easily...they used much more better grammar than my usual :) Tiderolls 17:09, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- Calm yourself, professor. I am fully cognizant of the bitterness involved in accepting some truths. I toyed with the idea of commenting at that DYK but abandoned the thought for the sake of collegiality. Take comfort in the fact Coach Saban has (once more) engineered the number one recruiting effort in his chosen arena and soon the cosmos will find equilibrium. In the autumn we will once more unto the breach and acquit ourselves with valour. See ya 'round Tiderolls 01:31, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- Man, you are waxing literary! Oh, I got a company credit card a while ago--do you have any idea how much fun it is to run the Agricultural School's card up to the max? In all honesty, I really didn't know that AL had ever lost a bowl game. Or I had successfully repressed it, anyway. Drmies (talk) 02:32, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
The edits I made were reverted and it was not correct to do so. Gretchen Wilson performed with Kid Rock on Picture on the album Live Trucker. Please accept my changes as I was at the concert and it is in the liner notes. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:16, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi, I made some edits to the page for Kuba the other night, and they were reverted as vandalism. Admittedly, we may have got a little carried away with the details, but I want to confirm that all edits were chosen by Laurence (we are housemates - and wrote the edits together). Presumably as the artist, he can make any edits regarding himself - as long as they are true, and not obscene or too subjective?
If this is the case, we we will make some new edits (less ridiculous ones this time - but they will definitely all be true).
Please let me know. As evidenced, I am new to Wikipedia editing, and don't want to start off on the wrong foot. I'm not clear on what the rules are regarding the editing of ones's own info.
- In fact, the subject of an article is discouraged from editing the Wikipedia article about them. Please see WP:Conflicts of interest for more detail on the subject. You also need to be aware that truth is not the standard that must be met for inclusion. The standard for inclusion on Wikipedia is verifiability (see WP:Verifiability). For content to be verifiable it needs to be supported by reliable sources (see WP:Reliable sources). Let me know if you have any more questions. Tiderolls 20:44, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- Are you sure? There doesn't seem to be any activity in the history. Am I missing something? Tiderolls 04:11, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
Greetings Rochester Institute of Technology
Hi! I recently received the following message from you regarding the wiki page for the Rochester Institute of Technology:
"Do not presume conspiracies where there are none. For content to be added to this encyclopedia, especially contentious content, reliable sources must be provided. In addition, editors are encouraged to obtain consensus for potentially negative content as there may be notability issues. I will show you the relevant policies and guidelines if you would like. To proclaim that you will continue to add the content without regard for Wikipedia's polices and guidelines will only jeopardize your editing privileges. Additionally, adding editorial commentary in the article's mainspace is disruptive and a disservice to our readers. Please take your concerns to the article's discussion page."
I completely agree. As a current RIT student and a former ROTC Cadet, I believe that future Cadets have the right to know what they are getting themselves into if they attend RIT's ROTC Program. The information I am attempting to submit is all public record as it is derived from a Freedom of Information Act Release which followed a federal investigation of the ROTC Program at RIT.
I am new to the wiki community, so I don't know the formal process of making the information permanent by virtue of following the discussion page process as you have advised. I have the FOIA Release and the Investigation Report, as well as the original complaint, as I am the one who sent it. I have a plethora of other evidence as well that I would be more than happy to provide. I don't have a wiki account but please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanks for your polite message, Mike. Initially, I would point you to a few guidelines. WP:Notability and WP:Reliable sources are the most applicable. WP:Consensus covers the policy which describes how decisions, regarding guidelines and content, are made. At the top of every article there is a "Discussion" tab. This is the venue where ideas on article improvement and concerns regarding article content are voiced (you can read more at Help:Using talk pages and WP:Talk page guidelines. I will not get into more detail at this time to avoid boring the %&#@ out of you. It's best for these types of discussion to take place on-wiki, but I will e-mail a notification so you will know that I have replied. I will offer any assistance possible. Regards Tiderolls 03:21, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) Mike, "As a current RIT student and a former ROTC Cadet, I believe that future Cadets have the right to know what they are getting themselves into if they attend RIT's ROTC Program." Wikipedia is an encyclopedia. Consider if a similar complaint would be included in the Encyclopedia Britannica, and whether the issue is of interest to a larger group than the couple of dozen people who you hope to address, and whether if it will still be of interest in one, five or ten years formo now. Wikipedia is not a platform or a freedom of information billboard. --Kudpung (talk) 07:28, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- I can see the header and the refs. Try purging your cache. I think your browser is displaying an older version of the page. Tiderolls 02:21, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
- Yep...can't be done by one. I appreciate your efforts as well. Tiderolls 01:23, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
The WITF wants you
I properly cited all of my sources, and took out all the information you complained about that could not be sourced. I then added a section about how Monroe Woodbury has accomplished high and increasing Regents scores. I don't see what you're still complaining about. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shatnertrek (talk • contribs) 14:35, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- You did execute the citation mark up correctly. However, the source you quoted did not support your content; a fact I have already pointed out to you. That's probably why another editor removed the content, not you. Tiderolls 16:22, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Just so you know, I've also now added a section on the many extra-curricular activites offered there. I added one section on all true, well sourced criticism, one on the high achievement scores, and one on the many extracurricular activities. There's nothing innappropriate, and I added more good than bad information. Most importantly, it was all true and sourced. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shatnertrek (talk • contribs) 15:08, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Turok 2008 (Video Game)
Hello again TideRolls. Hope you all good? I have 3 very important issues I have to discuss with you. 1) I have edited the title of Turok (video game) to Turok 2008 (Video Game), but it's kept on being changed. The new, revised title is correct and has been attempted to change before. The previous title was misleading as there are many Turok video games, but the new title clearly states that the article is about the Turok video game made in 2008. You understand my point of view? 2) A wiki contributor called Moosa888 is COMPLETELY editing and ruining previous wiki contributors work. It's terrible and annoying. I have to change what he is doing as his contributions are riddled with incorrect info and a hell load of spelling mistakes and some sentences don't even make sense. I've on purpose left some of his mistakes in the article for you to have a look at, as you are a trusted wiki member in my eyes. Have a look and then revert back all of his work and look at the contributions I have reverted and the look at the difference. Also I've written on his talk page warning him about what he is doing wrong and told him to stop. He hasn't listened. Also it appears other members have complained about his "unworthy" work. Please tell me what to do! Give him a final warning or ban him at least as your a trusty admin. :) 3) Just a minor issue, is that the multiplayer has been officially cut by Propaganda Games (Turoks developers etc.) as they have closed down (maybe mention that in the article?) and there should be a notice or something about the current situation? Your opinion/view is required before I do anything. Have a good day! Many Thanks.
Moosa888's only contributions left area in the plot section. For example look at this piece of text edited by him. Shepard, Turok and Slade navigate their way through the collapsing base, battling MG soldiers and raptors. Soon thgey reach the ship but Turok refuses to board it and goes to prevent Kane from escaping. HE destroys Kanes ship using rocket turrets. The two exchange words on being a soldier and soon Turok kills Kane in a intesne knife battle. Very soon, Mama Scarface barges into the are and she is furious, the now player takes control but only as a knife and cargo boxes to use for cover. There are plenty of guns scatterd about which you need to equip ( most players recommend the shotgun). After Mama eats enough she will fall on her side much like before and Turok goes and stabs her once again in the eye. He previously planted a bomb in her eye in the last battle and uses the knife to detonate it. Turok falls to the ground as Mama Scafaces head blows up. He is showerd in blood but happilly Slade and Shepherd show up having not left before.
- Hello, SportingLisboa. I am at work presently so I cannot go into great detail. I do want to quickly show you two pages that apply to your message. The first is a policy: Wikipedia:Edit warring. This is a very important policy to understand. the other is a guideline: Wikipedia:Naming conventions (video games). These pages are most likely the rules that other users are following in editing the article. You will need to understand those pages to make sure you are editing within the rules of Wikipedia. If you have questions I will try to find you answers when I have more time. Thanks Tiderolls 17:59, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
- Many thanks for your reply. Since I have written the message I have corrected number 1 on my lost of questions/issues but; when you have more time I'd like you to personally explain what is going to happen over issues number 2 & 3. I have read the Edit Warring section and have understood that I can't revert edits more than 3 times a day. I & many other users have had problems with Moosa888. So I have take that into consideration. But as I stated, I politely ask you to answer my issues 2 & 3 in full. Please look at his talk page and research further as shown on my first post. :) Many Thanks! Enjoy your day! SportingLisboaXI (talk) 18:10, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
- OK. As you requested, I have looked over Moosa's edits. I'm almost sure the user is well-intentioned and just does not understand how to edit. This does need attention but the subject matter is unfamiliar to me. I have requested help from someone more knowledgable and I will let you know of any progress. Thanks for being so patient and, as always, it's good to hear from you. Tiderolls 01:08, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
Unblock request of Daman222
who are you?
And why should i be concerned with you ill informed wiki pages? You decide not to edit properly.. so i did it for you. Jesus is with me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 09:58, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
- I reverted to your blanking. That may have not been what the user wanted to display but IMO it's better than their choice. I won't revert again, but if they repost it might cause them other problems. Again, just my opinion. Tiderolls 02:43, 6 March 2011 (UTC)
Turok 2008 (Video Game)
Hello again! Just wondering when the other wiki contributor is going to sort out my 2 other questions? Also my naming of the Turok page has been accepted! Good news! Many Thanks. SportingLisboaXI (talk) 21:29, 7 March 2011 (UTC)
On Archive 33 where my list of 3 questions are you stated "I have requested help from someone more knowledgable and I will let you know of any progress". Any progress sir? I need these questions answered soon and also Moosa888 needs to be dealt with. Many thanks! You're always a great help! Ate ja! SportingLisboaXI (talk) 20:31, 9 March 2011 (UTC)
- Aceite por favor minha desculpa, SportingLisboa. The editor I approached has not seen the necessity to respond. Since I did not receive an answer I asked for clarification myself and Moosa888 has not edited since, so I thought the matter closed. As for your proposed changes, as always my advice is to consult with those edtiors that regularly contribute to the article(s). An editor may always act com arrojo, keeping in mind that discussion may be necessary as a result. Até depois Tiderolls 01:25, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
Obrigado! Unfortunately my third question is still un-answered. Please could you answer it as I already have the section already to add into the Turok Article + sources and it's with a NPOV in mind! Ate ja amigo! SportingLisboaXI (talk) 18:14, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- My answer is there; Wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anyone can edit. One does not need the approval of anyone to add, delete or alter content on this project. As long as one is prepared to support their edits with reliable sources, discuss their changes when requested and understands that their work is subject to unlimited change, then they can make whatever contribution they wish. I have already mentioned that I do not follow gaming topics as a matter of personal interest or knowledge. I would be most unqualified to express an opinion as to an edit's propriety as long as the applicable guidelines and policies are observed. Regards Tiderolls 00:08, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
Hi, Tide rolls!
I got a message template from you so I clicked on it. When I reached your talk page, I couldn't find the messages. Do you know where they went?
Sincerely, Lyrebird Lover (talk) 01:12, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- Hello, Lyrebird Lover. That message was from May 2010 and may not have any meaning for you currently. If you are interested you can find the old message here. See ya 'round Tiderolls 11:11, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
you removed by edit but it is true? Surely it would be more constructive to edit it than remove a factual addition to the article —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:45, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- Truth is not justification for inclusion on this project. Verifiability and notability are the standards that must be met to include content. Tiderolls 00:58, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
What was wrong with my adding golfer Bubba Watson as a notable resident? I included an edit summary.