User talk:Titanium Dragon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Join date: November 2004

Made reviewer: June 2010

2004 Archive

2005 Archive

2006 Archive

2007 Archive

2008 Archive

2009 Archive

2010 Archive

2011 Archive

2012 Archive

2013 Archive

2014 Archive

2015 Archive

Correlation does not imply causation[edit]

Hi, in the article Correlation does not imply causation, on 15 October 2015, you added a section, "The relationship between A and B is coincidental". This contains the statement "5% of things will correlate by chance at a 95% confidence level". Whilst I'd agree that random correlations are real, do you have a citation for the stated amount? A quick Google search failed to to find a match. I've added a [citation needed] tag, but if you could remember, and add, where the quote came from, it would be useful. Regards, LongHairedFop (talk) 11:16, 28 March 2016 (UTC)

The 95% confidence level means that 5% of the time, you'd expect the result to happen by chance; that's what 95% confidence *means*. 95% is a common confidence level used in a lot of scientific papers. It's the old jelly beans thing. I'll see if I can find a formal cite from a book in my closet. See confidence interval for a discussion of it. Titanium Dragon (talk) 22:50, 28 March 2016 (UTC)

ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open![edit]

Scale of justice 2.svg Hello, Titanium Dragon. Voting in the 2016 Arbitration Committee elections is open from Monday, 00:00, 21 November through Sunday, 23:59, 4 December to all unblocked users who have registered an account before Wednesday, 00:00, 28 October 2016 and have made at least 150 mainspace edits before Sunday, 00:00, 1 November 2016.

The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to impose binding solutions to disputes between editors, primarily for serious conduct disputes the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the authority to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail.

If you wish to participate in the 2016 election, please review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. Mdann52 (talk) 22:08, 21 November 2016 (UTC)