User talk:Titodutta/Archive 5
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 4||Archive 5||Archive 6|
Yeah, the Kolkata university weblink does not open the intended page at first go. You have to click "distinguishd alumni" n the column of menu at the left side of the page to open the intended thing. I do not know how to solve this, as this is (as you have correctly pointed out) a structural peculiarity of the site.--Dwaipayan (talk) 03:12, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
Answered your question at the Teahouse
I had some general vague comments in the talk page. See this link , page 316; there is some hint of criticism. See this link (which is a blog, and so cannot be used as good quality reliable source) to have some other kind of perspective (government's apparent downplaying of Vivekananda!). I don't mean that you have to incorporate all these. However, it seemed the influence/legacy/work sections were unsatisfactory. Sorry that I could not supply more constructive/actionable suggestions. There must be a number of books on him, right? Those can help.--Dwaipayan (talk) 15:32, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- Please try to improve the reference formats as pointed out by Redtigerxyz in a comment in the talk page. After that, we can try to advance our review.--Dwaipayan (talk) 18:17, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
- At the same day, I wrote on Redtigerxyz and Sassoto's talk page, I can't correct those errors mentioned by Redtigerxyz and asked them to correct those, have not got any reply! I have seen your recent edit in Swami Vivekananda article. It was a good work! --Tito Dutta (Send me a message) 18:31, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Hello Tito, thank you for your message. I've taken a look at the template and article you've mentioned, but nothing immediately jumps out as being unusual, other than the fact that I'd expect an infobox to have borders and align right, rather than left. Older versions of this template however, appear no differently to me. It's possible that we might be seeing it two different ways if we are using different web browsers. I see that the template was last edited on March 12 by User:Pigsonthewing, so it might be the wisest idea to bring your detailed concerns directly to that user, or try reverting those recent changes along with an explanation on the template's talk page. Sorry I'm unable to be of more help to you at the moment, but that could possibly change with a more detailed description of what I should be looking for. :) -- WikHead (talk) 06:17, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
|Guild of Copy Editors March 2012 backlog elimination drive update
Participation: We have had 58 people sign up for this drive so far, which compares favorably with our last drive, and 27 have copy-edited at least one article. If you have signed up but have not yet copy-edited any articles, please consider doing so. Every bit helps! If you haven't signed up yet, it's not too late. Join us!
Progress report: Our target of completing the 2010 articles has almost been reached, with only 56 remaining of the 194 we had at the start of the drive. The last ones are always the most difficult, so thank you if you are able to help copy-edit any of the remaining articles. We have reduced the total backlog by 163 articles so far.
Special thanks: Special thanks to Stfg, who has been going through the backlog and doing some preliminary vetting of the articles—removing copyright violations, doing initial clean-up, and nominating some for deletion. This work has helped make the drive a more pleasant experience for all our volunteers.Your drive coordinators – Dianna (talk), Stfg (talk), and Dank (talk)
To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list.
Thanks for the welcome!
Thanks for posting some basic tips on my talkpage, I read through and it has given me great help. I'm not sure if you can help but I have a question. Me and Nick Bushell are working on the page for Kimberly Young. We currently have a stub and are working towards to creation of the page. My question is thus: We think it would be appropriate to put a list of her works in a section. However, does a source have to be found for each book to prove that it is real or can it be taken for granted that they have been written? The list is below.
Books & Book Chapters
- Caught in the Net: How to Recognize Internet addiction and A Winning Strategy for Recover. (1998)
- Evaluation and treatment of Internet Addiction (Chapter), in Innovations in Clinical Practice: A Source Book. (1999)
- Tangled in the Web: Understanding Cybersex from Fantasy to Addiction. (2001)
- Internet Addiction: The consequences of a new clinical phenomena (Chapter), in Psychology and the New Media. (2004)
- Controlling Internet Abuse in the Workplace: A Framework for Risk Management (Chapter), in Transformation of the Workplace: The Web and Work in the 21st Century. (2006)
- Breaking Free of the Web: Catholics and Internet Addiction. (2007)
- Internet Sex Addiction: Risk Factors, Stage, and Treatment (Chapter), in American Behavioural Scientist – Psychology and the New Media. (2008)
- Gamers Anonymous: Understanding and Treating Online Gaming Addiction. (2009)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
We are currently running a study on the effects of adding additional information to SuggestBot’s recommendations. Participation in the study is voluntary. Should you wish to not participate in the study, or have questions or concerns, you can find contact information in the consent information sheet.
We have added information about the readership and quality of the suggested articles using a Low/Medium/High scale. For readership the scale goes from Low to High , while for quality the scale goes from Low to High .
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. Regards from Nettrom (talk), SuggestBot's caretaker. -- SuggestBot (talk) 03:25, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
In this edit to Kimberly Young you added content that was copy and pasted directly from copyrighted webpages creating a copyright violation. Please let me know if you do not understand why this is a problem, and do not do this again. Thank you. SmartSE (talk) 01:20, 20 March 2012 (UTC)