|This is Toddst1's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Toddst1.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10|
|This user talk page might be watched by friendly talk page stalkers, which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.|
- All new additions to WP:DOY articles require direct sources, which is a reason to reject. There is no source in the linked biography that could be added to the article. Toddst1 (talk) 20:32, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- Would this or this work as a source? And none of the other additions have sources, to be fair. HarryKernow (talk to me) 20:33, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- I'm going to re-add it with both citations, this should be fine. HarryKernow (talk to me) 20:54, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thumbs up. Toddst1 (talk) 20:55, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (October 2018).
- A request for comment determined that non-administrators will not be able to request interface admin access.
- A request for comment is in progress to determine whether the Mediation Committee should be closed and marked as historical.
- A village pump discussion has been ongoing about whether the proposed deletion policy (PROD) should be clarified or amended.
- A request for comment is in progress to determine whether pending changes protection should be applied automatically to today's featured article (TFA) in order to mitigate a recent trend of severe image vandalism.
- Partial blocks is now available for testing on the Test Wikipedia. The new functionality allows you to block users from editing specific pages. Bugs may exist and can be reported on the local talk page or on Meta. A discussion regarding deployment to English Wikipedia will be started by community liaisons sometime in the near future.
- A user script is now available to quickly review unblock requests.
- The 2019 Community Wishlist Survey is now accepting new proposals until November 11, 2018. The results of this survey will determine what software the Wikimedia Foundation's Community Tech team will work on next year. Voting on the proposals will take place from November 16 to November 30, 2018. Specifically, there is a proposal category for admins and stewards that may be of interest.
- Eligible editors will be invited to nominate themselves as candidates in the 2018 Arbitration Committee Elections starting on November 4 until November 13. Voting will begin on November 19 and last until December 2.
- The Arbitration Committee's email address has changed to arbcom-enwikimedia.org. Other email lists, such as functionaries-en and clerks-l, remain unchanged.
Additions to DOTY articles
Someone started adding a lot of new entries to DOTY articles without references and I undid most of these. I would be grateful if you could take a look at these recent additions and tell me what you think of the sources used. Reliable? Deb (talk) 09:08, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Deb: Yeah, that is a heavyweight addition, but I didn't see any sources that do not seem reliable. Thumbs up both to the editor and you for your diligence. Toddst1 (talk) 23:53, 8 November 2018 (UTC)