User talk:Tom Morris/Archive 32
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 31||Archive 32||Archive 33|
- 1 Tech News: 2014-17
- 2 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 3 VisualEditor newsletter—April 2014
- 4 Wikidata weekly summary #107
- 5 ANI
- 6 Tech News: 2014-18
- 7 This week's article for improvement (week 18, 2014)
- 8 Wikidata weekly summary #108
- 9 This week's article for improvement (week 19, 2014)
- 10 Tech News: 2014-19
08:34, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation, and please do get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
|191||2.0||Metaphysical naturalism (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|67||2.0||Jérôme Lejeune (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|16||1.0||Portuguese American neighborhoods (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|181||1.0||Münchhausen trilemma (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|2,135||2.0||Nuclear fusion (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|1,008||1.0||Death Battle (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|148||1.0||Random act of kindness (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|577||2.0||Logical positivism (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||Cleanup|
|8||1.0||Mustafa Ait Idir (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|367||3.0||Total Drama All-Stars (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||Expand|
|108||2.0||Outline of philosophy (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|1||1.0||Liberalism in Nicaragua (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|35||1.0||Answer to Job (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|16,453||3.0||Barack Obama (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|866||3.0||Racism in the United States (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|44||1.0||Soft despotism (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Merge|
|28||1.0||Chipperfield's Circus (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Wikify|
|29||2.0||Peter Ludlow (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|5||1.0||Real progress (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Wikify|
|15||1.0||Victoria Keon-Cohen (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|1||1.0||David Courtenay Harris (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|1||1.0||Johann Nikolaus Weislinger (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|7||1.0||Computer Science Tripos (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|12||1.0||Warrant for Genocide (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|10||1.0||Campaign Against Political Correctness (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. Regards from Nettrom (talk), SuggestBot's caretaker. -- SuggestBot (talk) 23:41, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
|Did you know?
You can use VisualEditor to make redirects. First, remove any unwanted content from the page. Then go to the "Page options" menu (next to "⧼visualeditor-toolbar-cancel⧽") and choose the "Page settings" item. Click the box to "Redirect this page to". In the box, type in the name of the page that you want to redirect this page to.
You can also set or remove categories for the redirect in the "Page options" menu. Read the user guide for more information.
Since the last newsletter, the VisualEditor team has mostly worked on performance improvements, image settings, and preparation for a simplified citation template tool in its own menu.
- In an oft-requested improvement, VisualEditor now displays red links (links to non-existent pages) in the proper color. Links to sister projects and external URLs are still the same blue as local links.
- You can now open templates by double-clicking them or by selecting them and pressing Return. This also works for references, images, galleries, mathematical equations, and other "nodes".
- VisualEditor has been disabled for pages that were created as translations of other pages using the Translate extension (common at Meta and MediaWiki.org). If a page has been marked for translation, you will see a warning if you try to edit it using VisualEditor.
- When you try to edit protected pages with VisualEditor, the full protection notice and most recent log entry are displayed. Blocked users see the standard message for blocked users.
- The developers fixed a bug that caused links on sub-pages to point to the wrong location.
- The size-changing controls in the advanced settings section of the media or image dialog were simplified further. VisualEditor's media dialog supports more image display styles, like borderless images.
- If there is not enough space on your screen to display all of the tabs (for instance, if your browser window is too narrow), the second edit tab will now fold into the drop-down menu (where the "Move" item is currently housed). On the English Wikipedia, this moves the "Edit beta" tab into the menu; on most projects, it moves the "Edit source" tab. This is only enabled in the default Vector skin, not for Monobook users. See this image for an example showing the "Edit source" and "View history" tabs after they moved into the drop-down menu.
- After community requests, VisualEditor has been deployed as an opt-in feature at Meta and on the French Wikinews.
Looking ahead: A new, locally controlled menu of citation templates will put citations immediately in front of users. You will soon be able to see the Table of Contents while editing. Support for upright image sizes (preferred for accessibility) is being developed. In-line language setting (
dir="rtl") will be offered as a Beta Feature soon. Looking further out, the developers are also working on support for viewing and editing hidden HTML comments. It will be possible to upload images to Commons from inside VisualEditor.
If you have questions or suggestions for future improvements, or if you encounter problems, please let everyone know by posting a note at Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Feedback or by joining the office hours on Monday, 19 May 2014 at 18:00 UTC. If you'd like to get this on your own page, subscribe at Wikipedia:VisualEditor#Newsletter for English Wikipedia only or at meta:VisualEditor/Newsletter for any project. Thank you! Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 20:23, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #107
There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you.
Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Incidents#Cyberbullying_over_article_about_Anita_Sarkeesian— alf laylah wa laylah (talk) 23:16, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
07:23, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
This week's article for improvement (week 18, 2014)
Wikidata weekly summary #108
This week's article for improvement (week 19, 2014)
07:29, 5 May 2014 (UTC)