RE: Deftones and post-metal
- The genre field notes clearly state "Discuss any changes through the "discussion" tab before making them." You failed to discuss any changes. Instead you went ahead and changed an established infobox without seeking consensus first. The fact that nobody removed the genre is irrelevant, silence is the weakest form of consensus. You brought up the inclusion of post-metal on the talk page previously, and you had two editors (including myself) disagree. That is the consensus on post-metal. If you want to include post-metal, you, not me, will have to re-open the discussion otherwise you are going against a consensus established on the talk page. HrZ (talk) 14:52, 10 July 2012 (UTC)
- Make that only you, the other editor acepted post-metal one month ago
- Citing WP:STATUSQUO 4th. paragraph, final part: Do not revert verifiable changes that may be an improvement just to maintain status quo or to comply with the "discuss all changes first" approach, which may run counter to the Wikipedia be bold policy.
- your behavoir kind of fit here WP:OWN
- Yeah, consensus can always change, but you're not discussing, you're just changing the article. Keep in mind that the one trying to change a recent consensus it's you, so let the articla as it is until we've reached an agreement. Trascendence (talk) 03:41, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
Your recent editing history at Deftones shows that you are currently engaged in an edit war. Being involved in an edit war can result in you being blocked from editing—especially if you violate the three-revert rule, which states that an editor must not perform more than three reverts on a single page within a 24-hour period. Undoing another editor's work—whether in whole or in part, whether involving the same or different material each time—counts as a revert. Also keep in mind that while violating the three-revert rule often leads to a block, you can still be blocked for edit warring—even if you don't violate the three-revert rule—should your behavior indicate that you intend to continue reverting repeatedly.
To avoid being blocked, instead of reverting please consider using the article's talk page to work toward making a version that represents consensus among editors. See BRD for how this is done. You can post a request for help at a relevant noticeboard or seek dispute resolution. In some cases, you may wish to request temporary page protection. Fezmar9 (talk) 16:12, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
Notice of Dispute resolution discussion
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Dispute resolution noticeboard regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The thread is "Deftones". Thank you. --HrZ (talk) 14:19, 24 July 2012 (UTC)