Welcome to my discussion place, feel free to leave any comments, etc.
- 1 Thanks
- 2 Pic of Rosharon
- 3 Welcome to WP:LE!
- 4 Adoption Offer
- 5 re:adoption offer
- 6 First Class
- 7 Sandy Point
- 8 Please take a minute to sign your name
- 9 The Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter (September 2009)
- 10 Silverlake
- 11 Silverlake, Texas
- 12 Rosharon and Manvel photo requests
- 13 Category:X1
- 14 Danciger Post Office
- 15 New Page Patrol survey
- 16 WikiProject Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter
- 17 WikiProject Cleanup
- 18 Wikipedia Loves Libraries Seattle
- 19 Yarnell Hill Fire
- 20 Opinion needed
- 21 help with keep SkilledUp objective/non-promotional and online
- 22 cleaning up Skilled Up articles with rewrites + any more changes needed?
- 23 Ways to improve Alejandro Fernández - Race Car Driver
- 24 Txtrooper: you make wikipedia suck
- 25 ArbCom elections are now open!
Pic of Rosharon
Police,Mad,Jack ☺ 14:13, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
Great! Get ready to learn a lot! --Talk To Me! 00:48, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for providing a source! I can't access the PDF; are you certain that there aren't typos in the URL? Please understand that simply my inability is no reason not to have the source there, especially since my connection isn't the best. Nyttend (talk) 14:14, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- Still doesn't work when I go to the county website, and I have Adobe (not Adobe Reader, but only because I have the much better Adobe Professional), so it's clearly a problem with my connection. Thanks for giving me the link, so I could be more certain :-) Nyttend (talk) 14:51, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Please take a minute to sign your name
I am really glad that you added the Article rescue squadron template to your user page.
Please take a minute to sign your name to our list of 270+ members:
You are welcome to leave some comments there too...
The Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter (September 2009)
|The Wikipedia:Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter|
That's interesting! I wonder if Manvel will eventually annex it. BTW, if it is in the ETJ, it is not yet in the city. Once Manvel decides to annex it, then it becomes a part of the city of Manvel. WhisperToMe (talk) 02:22, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
Yea, I change it for it to say that it is in the ETJ of Manvel. --Txtrooper (talk) 02:29, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
I'm confused about the status of Silverlake: your edit summaries say that it's in the extraterritorial jurisdiction, but the article now says that it's inside the municipal limits. Since the ETJ only includes areas outside of the municipal limits (it wouldn't be extraterritorial inside the limits), I can't quite understand its situation. Combine that with the fact that I can't find Silverlake on the maps you've used as sources (no complaints about your using the sources the way you've done; I just haven't found it) and I don't quite know whether it's in the municipal limits or not. Nyttend (talk) 02:24, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
I am sorry, im going to change it. --Txtrooper (talk) 02:26, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- No problem; I know less about Texas local government than I do about most other states, so I knew that I could have been missing something. Thanks for the help! Nyttend (talk) 02:36, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Also I double-checked the maps, comparing it to this: http://web.archive.org/web/20060621035617/http://silverlaketexas.com/images/Silverlake+HOAs+Full+Res.jpg - From what I see, Silverlake is partly in the Manvel ETJ, but it is also partly in the Pearland ETJ - All of Silvercreek is in the Manvel ETJ WhisperToMe (talk) 02:38, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
Rosharon and Manvel photo requests
Hey TXtrooper! Is the Rosharon Post Office (1810 E FM 1462 RD ROSHARON, TX 77583-9998) convenient to your location? Would you mind photographing that one?
Some other things in the Rosharon area that could be photographed include:
- Don Jeter Elementary (2455 County Road 58)
- Savannah Lakes Elementary (5151 Savannah Parkway 77583)
There are also several things in Manvel that need to be photographed, such as:
- City Hall (6615 Masters Road)
- Police Station (19701 Morris Avenue)
- Fire Station (6212 Masters Road)
- Post office (6925 MASTERS RD - MANVEL, TX)
- Library (7104 Masters Road)
- Manvel High School (19601 Highway 6, needs a clear, fairly high quality shot showing the name "Manvel High School" written on the building)
- Manvel Junior High School (7380 Lewis Lane)
- E.C. Mason Elementary School (7400 Lewis Lane)
As explained on Category:X1, it is a sandbox, please don't warn users who make edits to this page, just like you wouldn't warn someone who made an edit to the sandbox. It can be confusing to a new user who gets a message telling them to make test edits in the sandbox, when that is what they did. Thanks, 117Avenue (talk) 09:39, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, thanks. I had just look at that part where it stated that. --Txtrooper (talk) 21:18, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
Danciger Post Office
Hi! Would you mind doing me a favor and photograph the Danciger Post Office? The USPS says that it may close the office
It is at 25420 FM 1301 DANCIGER, TX 77431-9800
New Page Patrol survey
New page patrol – Survey Invitation
Hello Txtrooper! The WMF is currently developing new tools to make new page patrolling much easier. Whether you have patrolled many pages or only a few, we now need to know about your experience. The survey takes only 6 minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist us in analyzing the results of the survey; the WMF will not use the information to identify you.
Please click HERE to take part.
WikiProject Article Rescue Squadron Newsletter
|Decemmber 8 - Wikipedia Loves Libraries Seattle - You're invited
Yarnell Hill Fire
|On 1 July 2013, In the news was updated with an item that involved the article Yarnell Hill Fire, which you substantially updated. If you know of another recently created or updated article suitable for inclusion in ITN, please suggest it on the candidates page.|
I have come across you while editing "Proposed merge with G7" at G8 article. I need your opinion whether the following content is properly sourced. There is an editor disputing with here.EconomicTiger (talk) 07:08, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
help with keep SkilledUp objective/non-promotional and online
I got your message (I think I may have responded already as well so my apologies if you get two messages). I'd like to contest the speedy deletion since I intended the page to be an objective/non-promotional description of SkilledUp. I'm a new Wikipedia author so I could definitely use some help on improving the page. I'm not the best at navigating this even with the help of the tutorials. I'd rather polish it up and compromise on the nature of it as opposed to having it deleted. I hope you can reconsider and help me improve it if you have time.
All the best,
--Joseph Rauch (talk) 05:21, 16 April 2014 (UTC)Joseph Rauch
Howdy! I went ahead and withdrew the Speedy Deletion Request. I also added a few 'Cleanup' tags on what I see needs to be done to meet Wikipedia Standards. The article is written as an "advertisement," that will require rewriting. Thanks, --Txtrooper (talk) 05:37, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
cleaning up Skilled Up articles with rewrites + any more changes needed?
Thank you for your help thus far! I tried to make the article more objective so I hope the changes I made were positive. I'm not sure what to do about the "Orphan" issue since I feel like having links to it on other places might be a bit promotional. I hope I can at least clear the verification and advertisement issues. I think the references verify it well along with the external links. Still, let me know if there is anything more I can do since I'm still learning how to operate hear and had some issues. Feel free to also make changes on your own since that was very helpful last time.
As for the ad issue, I think it should at least not be considered an ad relative to other similar pages. For example, Skillshare includes their promotional tagline in their page but does not have ad issues.
Also, how do I add a box with a logo to the top right hand corner? Will try to do more of my own research on that but could use help as well. Thank you again!
— Preceding unsigned comment added by Joseph Rauch (talk • contribs) 18:47, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
Ways to improve Alejandro Fernández - Race Car Driver
Thanks for your support.
I’ve fixed some issues in the page Alejandro Fernández (racing driver). I would like you to review the information to confirm everything is OK.
I shall remain attentive to your comments.
Txtrooper: you make wikipedia suck