|... you were recipient
no. 178 of Precious,
a prize of QAI!
... and today Myotis alcathoe, - "You'd think that after centuries of systematic research, we would at least know all the mammal species occurring in Europe". Thank you for chasing the unknown! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:30, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
This is to let you know that the Ferugliotheriidae article has been scheduled as today's featured article for 26 January 2017. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/January 26, 2017. Thanks! Mike Christie (talk - contribs - library) 12:49, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:38, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
WS is now slowly developing with less conflicts. I guess you have moved away to other things, but would kindly like to ask you to support with vote here, so we can reach the 25-30 votes minimum rule in order to be able to get local Checkusers, and get a local policy for CU, which will be the first step of developing more local solutions on WS. Dan Koehl (talk) 22:45, 8 February 2017 (UTC)
Myotis alcathoe for TFA
- Hi Ucucha. This is just a friendly note to let you know that the Myotis alcathoe article, which you nominated at FAC, has been scheduled as today's featured article for March 5, 2017. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/March 5, 2017. Thanks! — Chris Woodrich (talk) 02:45, 19 February 2017 (UTC)