User talk:Ugog Nizdast
|Welcome to my talk page.
|Threads older than 45 days may be archived by.|
Feel free to post here, especially if I made any mistakes. I am not experienced enough here and one never stops learning. Need some help with anything or perhaps an article? I generally am lazy and slow in my contributions but with a little prodding or help, I'll get encouraged to work on it.
Editing News #2—2016
Editing News #2—2016 Read this in another language • Subscription list for this multilingual newsletter
Since the last newsletter, the VisualEditor team has fixed many bugs. Their workboard is available in Phabricator. Their current priorities are improving support for Arabic and Indic scripts, and adapting the visual editor to the needs of the Wikivoyages and Wikisources.
The visual editor is now available to all users at most Wikivoyages. It was also enabled for all contributors at the French Wikinews.
The single edit tab feature combines the "Edit" and "Edit source" tabs into a single "Edit" tab. It has been deployed to several Wikipedias, including Hungarian, Polish, English and Japanese Wikipedias, as well as to all Wikivoyages. At these wikis, you can change your settings for this feature in the "Editing" tab of Special:Preferences. The team is now reviewing the feedback and considering ways to improve the design before rolling it out to more people.
The "Save page" button will say "Publish page". This will affect both the visual and wikitext editing systems. More information is available on Meta.
The visual editor will be offered to all editors at the remaining "Phase 6" Wikipedias during the next few months. The developers want to know whether typing in your language feels natural in the visual editor. Please post your comments and the language(s) that you tested at the feedback thread on mediawiki.org. This will affect several languages, including: Arabic, Hindi, Thai, Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam, Urdu, Persian, Bengali, Assamese, Aramaic and others.
The team is working with the volunteer developers who power Wikisource to provide the visual editor there, for opt-in testing right now and eventually for all users. (T138966)
The team is working on a modern wikitext editor. It will look like the visual editor, and be able to use the citoid service and other modern tools. This new editing system may become available as a Beta Feature on desktop devices around September 2016. You can read about this project in a general status update on the Wikimedia mailing list.
Let's work together
- Do you teach new editors how to use the visual editor? Did you help set up the Citoid automatic reference feature for your wiki? Have you written or imported TemplateData for your most important citation templates? Would you be willing to help new editors and small communities with the visual editor? Please sign up for the new VisualEditor Community Taskforce.
- Learn how to improve the "automagical" citoid referencing system in the visual editor, by creating Zotero translators for popular sources in your language! Watch the Tech Talk by Sebastian Karcher for more information.
If you aren't reading this in your preferred language, then please help us with translations! Subscribe to the Translators mailing list or contact us directly, so that we can notify you when the next issue is ready. Thank you!
- @Freekenthovind: Because it was unsourced and not neutral. Ugog Nizdast (talk) 18:28, 2 July 2016 (UTC)
@Ugog Nizdast your version of kent is not neutral, it accuse him of tax evading, but the IRS admit thier wrongdoing about his case. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Freekenthovind (talk • contribs) 19:46, 2 July 2016 (UTC)
A multilingual national-level edit-a-thon is being conducted at this moment with an aim to create or improve Punjab-related articles. A community that will create or expand the most number of articles during this edit-a-thon contest will be awarded a trophy during WikiConference India 2016. Best contributors' recognition may also be considered. We need your help here. Please join right now as a participant and help your community.
Thanks and regards. --Tito Dutta (talk) 16:15, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
Please help in this article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_founders_of_religious_traditions
The people israeli did exist since 1200 b.C and was polytheist, the bible since 745 b.c. and JUDAISM since 586 b.c.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dating_the_Bible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism#History — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:03, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
- Responded on your talk as well as on the article talk page. Ugog Nizdast (talk) 14:24, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
This is regards to the message posted on my edit on the same . 'Please stop adding unreferenced or poorly referenced biographical content, especially if controversial, to articles or any other Wikipedia page, as you did at Rajdeep Sardesai. Content of this nature could be regarded as defamatory and is in violation of Wikipedia policy. If you continue, you may be blocked from editing Wikipedia'
I don't understand which part of unreferenced and controversial . Everything written is on public domian . Please check Indian newspapers and media outlets to verify . If you don't understand the context posted here maybe you shouldnt be editing the same .
Please tell me if my content has any copywrite material etc , I will gladly oblige but to say this is unreferenced without verifying the same would be wrong .
I can provide details to you if required . I am very respectful of Wiki community and been contributor to the same and will never break existing rules of the same . — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sharathpes2004 (talk • contribs) 08:07, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Sharathpes2004: There are various problems with your edit but I'll explain the main reasons why it's not acceptable. By now, you may know our WP:BLP policy (if not, read at minimum the top paras from this link). Other two relevant guidelines here are WP:UNDUE and WP:NOTNEWS. We do not put or give undue coverage to everyday events like social media happenings or other events which are really major instances on their life in their biographies. Ugog Nizdast (talk) 05:11, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
Re the removal as a third editor moved in, I don't know the specifics of how Third Opinion operates, but the third editor could be seen to be involved. In justice to User:Afterwriting, I think it would be better to have a complete outside opinion review the complaint, read closely the edits and arguments, and also assist us in resolving this, just so fairness is guaranteed. Regards.Nishidani (talk) 16:29, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
- This editor's post seems minimal enough I guess, so feel free to repost it at WP:3O explaining that you both would like another 3O post and that editor isn't involved. Ugog Nizdast (talk) 21:19, 27 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello, Ugog Nizdast -- Do you have Sufism on your watch list? Some IP editors have been editing the article. See latest edit. If you have time, I wonder if you would just take a look at the edits. While you're there, perhaps you could check mine, which are just before the IP edits. I wonder if I did the right thing when I added "the name of" in a caption. If not, please feel free to remove those added words. – Corinne (talk) 03:04, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Corinne: No I don't, but am content to take a look if you feel it's worthwhile if I do it. The diff looks like a test edit since it just an unexplained removal of half the sentence. Both the different IP edits seem to have been rectified by someone else.
- "The name of" is a tricky bit. At first, I thought maybe ""Allah" written..." would suffice but not knowing the language, it could be some other name. File:Isma_allah_zat-new.png doesn't offer much in the image description. Ugog Nizdast (talk) 05:29, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For tireless contributions to the STiki project especially awarding milestones to users every single day! Great work! Cheers, ƬheStrikeΣagle 16:14, 10 September 2016 (UTC)|
- Thanks a lot Strike Eagle! Ugog Nizdast (talk) 16:28, 10 September 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the review!
|I appreciate your review and critique on Hari Kondabolu, and your improvements to the article. Thank you and best wishes! Sumana Harihareswara 00:19, 17 September 2016 (UTC)|
- No problem, Sumanah. Good luck with further improving the article. Ugog Nizdast (talk) 13:58, 17 September 2016 (UTC)