- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
Please bear these points in mind while editing Wikipedia:
- Please respect others' copyrights; do not copy and paste the contents from webpages directly.
- Please use a neutral point of view when editing articles; this is possibly the most important Wikipedia policy.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to do so.
- Do not add unreasonable contents into any articles, such as: copyrighted text, advertisement messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Adding such unreasonable information or otherwise editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism, and and result in your account being blocked.
The Wikipedia Tutorial is a good place to start learning about Wikipedia. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the village pump or ask me on my talk page. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. Again, welcome! —Kf4bdy talk contribs
- 1 Image Tagging for Image:01-E_2006.jpg
- 2 Gu-ri-fu-...?
- 3 2006 Pacific typhoon season
- 4 Conversions
- 5 NRL Invests
- 6 Sinebot
- 7 RSMC Wind Speed
- 8 Jakarta storm names
- 9 homeopathy is the future
- 10 Latest Webcite
- 11 Tropical cyclones WikiProject Newsletter #16
- 12 96B.INVEST
- 13 RE: Tropical Storm Kalmaegi 08W
- 14 99S
- 15 Re: IMD Depression BOB04
- 16 Numbers on 2008 PHS
- 17 Southern Hemisphere
- 18 TC Billy
- 19 WP:WPTC
- 20 Hi
- 21 91E
- 22 Huaning (2009)
- 23 I feel that you deserve this
- 24 2009-10 SWIO
- 25 JTWC
- 26 JMA 24/25
- 27 Anja
- 28 JMA Scale
- 29 You are now a Reviewer
- 30 PAGASA
- 31 Confuslement
- 32 June arabian sea
- 33 Tokkyuger
- 34 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 35 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Image Tagging for Image:01-E_2006.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:01-E_2006.jpg. The image has been identified as not specifying the source and creator of the image, which is required by Wikipedia's policy on images. If you don't indicate the source and creator of the image on the image's description page, it may be deleted some time in the next seven days. If you have uploaded other images, please verify that you have provided source information for them as well.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
- Please provide a source for this image, so that we can tell if it's copyrighted. NSLE (T+C) at 07:39 UTC (2006-06-03)
- ah, well the image isn't required anymore it was just a test. Anyway it was from Underground tracking map altered to zoom into the storm. (VOFFA 06:44, 4 June 2006 (UTC))
I noticed you changed your name recently to グリフオーザー. I'm just beginning to study Japanese so I was only able to get the pronunciation of a few characters: "Gu-ri-fu-". What is the rest of it, and what does it mean? Thanks. -- RattleMan 06:21, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- I'm interested in Japanese too. I can read hirigana, but not katakana, like what your name is written. I'd like to know what your name says!!! RaNdOm26 13:15, 18 October 2006 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for all the hard work with this article! Just a reminder, please remember to edit the template as well as the 'Current storm information' paragraph when updating. It helps if you do both in one edit so others won't think you have missed one of them out. - SpLoT / (talk) 10:10, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
Please use a calculator or Google to do your conversions.
60 kt is not 115 km/h 75 mph. 75 mph is 65 kt, and is hurricane/typhoon strength. Even small errors like this make a difference. Thank you. – Chacor 02:56, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
RSMC Wind Speed
You say 30 knots for ABR02. Could you please give the source for winds speeds by RSMC New Delhi? --Ugaap 08:54, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
Jakarta storm names
- Actually, Nilfanion and I were able to back that up after finding another source, though it isn't in English. I restored the list based on that. --Coredesat 02:57, 8 November 2007 (UTC)
homeopathy is the future
WOULD YOU LIK TO CONTRIBUTE TO WIKIPROJECT HOMEATPHY? GOOGLE IT PLEASE TO FIND OUT HOW YOUC AN DONATE YOUR ITME AND HELP SAVE MILLIONSOF LIFES EVERY SINGLE DAY THROUGH EDUCATION AND WIKIEDITING. Smith Jones (talk) 00:02, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
I was just checking Nadi's latest TD on the Webcite you did and found it to be blank. I tried Webciting it myself, but it again came up blank. Is it blank for you? -- RattleMan 22:33, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- I saw you used TinyPic to archive the latest PAGASA bulletin. Good thinking. I tried to archive PAGASA's tcupdate.html page (after removing the no-cache tag of course), but it turned up the blank page again. I emailed WebCite with the "page-blank" problem we've been having recently. I'll keep you informed of any responses. -- RattleMan 02:05, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
Tropical cyclones WikiProject Newsletter #16
You were selected as the Member of the Month in the Apil issue of the WikiProject Tropical cyclones newsletter. Congratulations! If you wish to receive the full newsletter, you can add your username to the appropriate section on the mailing list. ♬♩ Hurricanehink (talk) 03:47, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
RE: Tropical Storm Kalmaegi 08W
Yes it is odd - allthough when i just checked the running best track Via here it is saying that Kalmaegi had winds of 35 kts at midnight, 6 am and 12pm UTC on the 15th of July. so i wonder if it could be a mistake by the JTWC. Jason Rees (talk) 17:22, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
99S is part of the 2008-09 season and thus should be put there. However, none of the 2008-09 pages are set up yet. I think Jason Rees has a prototype; maybe we'll use that. -- RattleMan 07:37, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
Re: IMD Depression BOB04
No, sorry, WebCite isn't working here either. It says it couldn't find the page specified which is totally weird. I'm in the process of uploading my own archives of missing JMA advisories, and I'll probably get to IMD later. -- RattleMan 18:20, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- The JMA list is now up on my web space and is filled in on the logs. When WC works again I will WC the list. I will work on others (PAGASA, IMD, etc) later. -- RattleMan 19:15, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
I am happy to report that WebCite seems to be working once again.  I will gather the remaining uncited JMA advisories, upload them, then WebCite them now. I will do the same with IMD and PAGASA later. -- RattleMan 16:29, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Numbers on 2008 PHS
Do you intend to keep that test? Personally, I don't like it, as there's no need. There is only one warning agency for EPAC and Atlantic Ocean (CPHC and NHC both fall under same umbrella). ♬♩ Hurricanehink (talk) 02:31, 5 October 2008 (UTC)
No-one seems to have welcomed you to WPTC yet, so I'll do so.
- Voffa ignore that remark from JPulligan - Hes constantly been getting things wrong on the PTS & NIO Seasons. You have a long way to go before youre banned where as the same can not be said for Jpulligan. You do a fantastic job in helping us keep the windspeeds and pressures updated and most importantly you help us to acesses the advisories by posting links on the various season talkpages. Keep it up :) Jason Rees (talk) 22:40, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
I feel that you deserve this
|The Invisible Barnstar|
|I know we don't know each other that well, but I would just like to say Thank You for your service to WPTC. Cheers Darren23 (Contribs) 19:48, 20 July 2009 (UTC)|
Just to let you know it seems that the JTWC have moved the 03z warning to 02z. I dont know if this is a pernament move or someone being lazy but i thought id best warn ya.:) Jason Rees (talk) 01:04, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- I dont know if you and or Rattleman have had any thoughts about the two depressions that formed last night but these are mine based on when the LPA formed. JMA 24 goes to the system nr 145E, as it was on the 22/0600 WWJP25 where as JMA 25 was not and thus goes to the system nr 132E. Well thats my view anyway if you or RM can double check and verify this is right id be gratefull :) Jason Rees (talk) 10:45, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
Reunion issued a corrected advisory http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/raw/wt/wtio20.fmee..txt STS Anja is correct :) Jason Rees (talk) 04:18, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
You are now a Reviewer
Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, is currently undergoing a two-month trial scheduled to end 15 August 2010.
Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under pending changes. Pending changes is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial. The list of articles with pending changes awaiting review is located at Special:OldReviewedPages.
When reviewing, edits should be accepted if they are not obvious vandalism or BLP violations, and not clearly problematic in light of the reason given for protection (see Wikipedia:Reviewing process). More detailed documentation and guidelines can be found here.
Either its me or Domeng isnt 96W. I say this as on PAGASA's final advisory they placed the center of Domeng in the SCS. Whilst 96W is in the Phillipine sea.Jason Rees (talk) 01:30, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Ya I was planning of separating TD Domeng and Ester - グリフオーザー (talk) 03:27, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
Since you said you might need as i suspect you were confused with all 4 Depressions, ive taken the JMA surface anaylsis map and animated it with the latest JTWC details. Here :) Just shout if you need any more assistanceJason Rees (talk) 21:22, 28 August 2010 (UTC)
June arabian sea
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:56, 23 November 2015 (UTC)