- 1 25 DYKs is no mean feat
- 2 Martín Montoya
- 3 Kyrgyzstan
- 4 Catalan seats
- 5 St Dominic's sixth form College
- 6 Invitation to Women in Food and Drink editathon
- 7 Reversión Munir
- 8 Whisperback
- 9 New deal for page patrollers
- 10 Wikipedia:Requests_for_permissions/New_page_reviewer#User:Shashwat986
- 11 DYK nomination of 1989 Panamanian coup d'état attempt
- 12 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 13 Whisperback
- 14 Albrook
- 15 New Page Review - newsletter
- 16 SIAE MICROELETTRONICA
- 17 DYK for 1989 Panamanian coup d'état attempt
- 18 I have unreviewed a page you curated
- 19 BBC 12-hour Editathon - large influx of new pages & drafts expected
- 20 New Page Review - newsletter #2
- 21 Precious anniversary
- 22 Comment
- 23 Merry Christmas
- 24 Page
- 25 DYK for Jollees
- 26 Maksimali pasiilgimo konstanta
- 27 New Page Review - newsletter No.2
- 28 New Page Review-Patrolling: Coordinator elections
- 29 New Page Review - newsletter No.3
25 DYKs is no mean feat
|The 25 DYK Creation and Expansion Medal|
|We seem to be getting a bit behind with giving out DYK medals for 25 new or expanded articles. I think a few have exceeded the 25 count but I'd like to recognise Valenciano, Random86, Brianhe, EdChem, Raymie, Crispulop, Amgisseman(BYU), The Almightey Drill and Captain Assassin!. Maybe one thing to say is that anyone can give out these awards so do have a go. Meanwhile I have the pleasure of thanking you on behalf of the DYK project, the wiki readers and me. Well done. Victuallers (talk) 19:12, 2 August 2016 (UTC)|
Hi there Valenciano, from Portugal,
so, per WP:MOSSEASON, under no circumstance are we allowed to write "in the X summer" or "in the summer of Y"? I am very poor regarding technicalities I admit it (even though in two months I will celebrate my TENTH anniversary as an editor), just asking in order to learn.
- Hello. It's not banned, but, since a lot of readers are in countries where summers occur at different times of the year or which only have dry and wet seasons, it's better to use more precise wording. June 2016 is better than "summer 2016."
- "Summer X" or "the summer of X" read ok. The "X summer" doesn't. "In the 2014 summer" doesn't sound right in English. All the best, Valenciano (talk) 21:45, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
Why have you removed my changes to an article on Kyrgyzstan? I've provided sources to some statements - these at least should have been retained. Otherwise, the article is completely biased and does not truly reflect the facts of the matter. I've spent two days editing it and now it's all gone. Who I should contact to settle this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kalkaman1555 (talk • contribs)
- Kalkaman1555, it's edits like this removing a useful link to a main article on the topic and this removing sourced content and introducing content contrary to the source, that are the issue. I suggest that you first use the talk page of the article (this link) to discuss changes that you want to make. Also, please don't use the minor edit box to describe your edits, that should only be used for things like spelling corrections, not the major changes to the text that you are making. See Help:Minor_edit for more info. Valenciano (talk) 17:46, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
Thank you, Valenciano.
I've left a few suggested changes with credible sources on the talk page, that I believe would be integrated into the article on KG this time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kalkaman1555 (talk • contribs) 19:38, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
Oh, I have just saw the disclaimer in your page. I hope the recovery process has started already.
In fact, I wanted to contact you with a request -rather a suggestion or invitation- for you to create an article for "Catalan seats" (that's how it appears at the infobox of Catalan parties, but you could find a better name, maybe) in a similar fashion such as List of MPs for constituencies in Scotland 2015–20. Why? Because I find the "Catalan seats" mention at the infobox of the Catalan parties rather confusing. And why you? Because you seem to enjoy the electoral topic, you know well the Spanish applicable rules and you are native English speaker.
Your recovery is the only priority now, though. My apologies in advance for having contacted you in these circumstances.MOUNTOLIVE fedeli alla linea 20:17, 8 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello, Mountolive. Good to see you're still around. It's nothing too serious, just sustained some nerve damage in my right arm, which makes typing painful or I have to do it with my left hand, which is awkward and the doctor recommended I avoid unnecessary typing for the next while. I should be back to active editing some time later this month and could do it then. You could also try asking Impru20, who's been doing excellent work on Spanish elections articles. All the best, Valenciano (talk) 09:10, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
- Good to hear that! Sure, take it easy or you may overload then your left wrist. I'll wait for you. I have seen some of Impru's work, very good overall. However, I have exchanged with him and we don't seem to see eye to eye: the guy seems to be really proud of his pieces and will not change anything easily. I dont like stereotypes, but sometimes it does ring true that you anglosaxons are much more cold blooded...and that helps producing good articles here in wikipedia (besides, he's not a native English speaker either). Best regards. MOUNTOLIVE fedeli alla linea 12:00, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
- I did get an 'alert' about it at my user page, but it's already +24hrs since then and the email itself has not surfaced yet :) MOUNTOLIVE fedeli alla linea 20:33, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
St Dominic's sixth form College
I was adding in additional information about the college as i attend this college and the secondary school i mentioned within the last 7 years as i just left this Spring and the close ties with secondary was accurate as we were able to get in on much lower grade requirements compared to other's they also came directly to our school multiply times to talk to us and interview us. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kellyman98 (talk • contribs) 09:18, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- Kellyman98, it wasn't me that reverted your info, but a bot. However, the removal was correct. Info added to Wikipedia must be verifiable meaning it must come from a reliable source. Personal knowledge of the topic isn't enough. Valenciano (talk) 11:00, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to Women in Food and Drink editathon
- I'm not really sure what you were aiming at with your change but it wasn't correct. You reverted Munir's goal total from 1 to zero despite the fact he'd scored against Barca today. Why? Valenciano (talk) 18:08, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
- First of all, the game wasn't ended. I reverted an incorrect fact: 1 goal in 5 games from september... ¿? With this reversion I wanted to emphasize that this type of editions (without adding the game and the date) isn't fairly and produces continuous mistakes to other wikipedists. --Zigurat (talk) 09:31, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
- Pues eso, de ahí mi queja de que usaras la herramienta reversión por algo tan irrisorio. Supongo que lo habrás hecho por novato y no tiene gran trascendencia, pero no uses la reversión si no es para rectificar una edición. Aunque solo sea por no hacer perder tiempo a otros wikipedistas por un simple 1!!! De ahí mi queja inicial: no podías haber puesto tú el 1 sin tener que revertir? Por que al revertir, wikipedia me avisa y uno vuelve a entrar en el artículo, revisa nuevamente la edición... Un saludo. --Zigurat (talk) 20:31, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
- Desafortunadamente, una gran cantidad de articulos sobre futbolistas tienen editores añadiendo información erronea. Cuando vi su edición, supuse erroneamente que esto también era la situación. Sin embargo, para evitar que suceda es necesario escribir un resymen de sus cambios, de modo que otros editores pueden entender sus motivos. Espero que no se ofenda. Un saludo. Valenciano (talk) 11:34, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- Una reversión deja poco lugar al resumen y no sólo me refiero al espacio físico... ;) No se preocupe, pero recuerde responder en la página de discusión del remitente! Con más de 10 años en wikipedia no me puedo ofender por una discusión de guante blanco. Un saludo. --Zigurat (talk) 15:23, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
Hello. You have a new message at Kudpung's talk page. 14:02, 4 November 2016 (UTC)
New deal for page patrollers
In order to better control the quality of new pages, keep out the spam, and welcome the genuine newbies, the current system we introduced in 2011 is being updated and improved. The documentation and tutorials have also been revised and given a facelift. Most importantly a new user group New Page Reviewer has been created.
Under the new rule, you may find that you are temporarily unable to mark new pages as reviewed. However, this is nothing to worry about - most current experienced patrollers are being accorded the the new right without the need to apply, and if you have significant previous experience of patrolling new pages, we strongly encourage you to apply for the new right as soon as possible - we need all the help we can get, and we are now providing a dynamic, supportive environment for your work.
Hello Valenciano. Your account has been added to the "
New page reviewers" user group, allowing you to review new pages and mark them as mark pages as patrolled, tag them for maintenance issues, or in some cases, tag them for deletion. The list of articles awaiting review is located at the New Pages Feed. New page reviewing is a vital function for policing the quality of the encylopedia, if you have not already done so, you must read the new tutorial at New Pages Review, the linked guides and essays, and fully understand the various deletion criteria. If you need more help or wish to discuss the process, please join or start a thread at page reviewer talk.
- Be nice to new users - they are often not aware of doing anything wrong.
- You will frequently be asked by users to explain why their page is being deleted - be formal and polite in your approach to them too, even if they are not.
- Don't review a page if you are not sure what to do. Just leave it for another reviewer.
- Remember that quality is quintessential to good patrolling. Take your time to patrol each article, there is no rush. Use the message feature and offer basic advice.
The reviewer right does not change your status or how you can edit articles. If you no longer want this user right, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time. In case of abuse or persistent inaccuracy of reviewing, the right can be revoked at any time by an administrator. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 10:19, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
DYK nomination of 1989 Panamanian coup d'état attempt
Hello! Your submission of 1989 Panamanian coup d'état attempt at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Yoninah (talk) 19:03, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Hello. You have a new message at Kudpung's talk page. 13:09, 22 November 2016 (UTC)
Would you like to add a link to Albrook Air Force Station to the 1989 Panamanian coup d'état attempt article/hook? And you might add something about the executions to the Albrook Air Force Station article. Best, Yoninah (talk) 22:28, 22 November 2016 (UTC)
- Yoninah thanks, but I'm not positive it was the same place, the air force station was in the US zone of control and they were opposing the Noriega loyalists who carried out the executions. I think we're okay to go with the tweaked DYK hook as is. Best, Valenciano (talk) 09:58, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
i see that you renamed SIAE MICROLETTRONICA page. First of all thanks a lot for your contribute. I would like to tell you that SIAE MICROELETTRONICA must be all in uppercase, it is registered in this way.
DYK for 1989 Panamanian coup d'état attempt
I have unreviewed a page you curated
Hi, I'm CAPTAIN RAJU. I wanted to let you know that I saw the page you reviewed, Fadi Irfan, Son, and have un-reviewed it again. If you have any questions, please ask them on my talk page. Thank you. CAPTAIN RAJU (✉) 10:38, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- CAPTAIN RAJU thanks for the message, however, I marked that page as reviewed at 12.19 my time, 12 minutes *after* you had added a CSD:A3 tag, so with the tag on it, it should be marked as reviewed to save other new page patrollers time. Rest assured, I watchlist all such pages that I mark as patrolled. Furthermore, as another user has pointed out on your talk page, you should not be adding CSD:A3 (no content tags) less than a minute after creation. I advised you about this earlier this year and I'm a bit disappointed that you ignored my advice and are apparently continuing to tag pages with A3 too quickly, contrary to the advice for new pages patrollers ("Do not be too hasty to use CSD A1 (no context) and CSD A3 (no content); wait at least 15 minutes to give time to the creator to add content.") I'd advise you to read the tutorial section at WP:NPP again. Valenciano (talk) 12:29, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
BBC 12-hour Editathon - large influx of new pages & drafts expected
New Page Reviewers are asked to be especially on the look out 08:00-20:00 UTC (that's local London time - check your USA and AUS times) on Thursday 8 December for new pages. The BBC together with Wikimedia UK is holding a large 12-hour editathon. Many new articles and drafts are expected. See BBC 100 Women 2016: How to join our edit-a-thon. Follow also on #100womenwiki, and please, don't bite the newbies :) (user:Kudpung for NPR. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:55, 7 December 2016 (UTC))
|politics in Europe|
|... you were recipient
no. 693 of Precious,
a prize of QAI!
- Asqueladd I'm sorry I don't understand your message? If it's referring to comments in this section, I'm referring more to comments like "Iñaki LL considers Basque intellectuals who have risked their lives confronting ETA as dubious and the ETA ecosystem as the only credible source in this issue" by Asilah.... this is getting into commenting on other editors' motives and doesn't achieve anything. Valenciano (talk) 19:35, 22 December 2016 (UTC)
Hola! Creo que sería interesante crear una página de Wikipedia para un joven emprendedor valenciano Podrías ayudarme con la creación/publicación de la página para que cumpla con los requisitos de Wikipedia porfa? Si te es posible dime cómo puedo contactarte y vamos hablando Mil gracias! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:17, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
- Qué artículo quieres crear? Has leído WP:COI y WP:AB? Valenciano (talk) 01:52, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
DYK for Jollees
- More likely than not, but someone with better Lithuanian competency than me can make that call at WP:PNT. Valenciano (talk) 09:01, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
New Page Review-Patrolling: Coordinator elections
Your last chance to nominate yourself or any New Page Reviewer, See Wikipedia talk:New pages patrol/Coordination. Elections begin Monday 20 February 23:59 UTC. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:17, 19 February 2017 (UTC)