25 DYKs is no mean feat
|The 25 DYK Creation and Expansion Medal|
|We seem to be getting a bit behind with giving out DYK medals for 25 new or expanded articles. I think a few have exceeded the 25 count but I'd like to recognise Valenciano, Random86, Brianhe, EdChem, Raymie, Crispulop, Amgisseman(BYU), The Almightey Drill and Captain Assassin!. Maybe one thing to say is that anyone can give out these awards so do have a go. Meanwhile I have the pleasure of thanking you on behalf of the DYK project, the wiki readers and me. Well done. Victuallers (talk) 19:12, 2 August 2016 (UTC)|
Hi there Valenciano, from Portugal,
so, per WP:MOSSEASON, under no circumstance are we allowed to write "in the X summer" or "in the summer of Y"? I am very poor regarding technicalities I admit it (even though in two months I will celebrate my TENTH anniversary as an editor), just asking in order to learn.
- Hello. It's not banned, but, since a lot of readers are in countries where summers occur at different times of the year or which only have dry and wet seasons, it's better to use more precise wording. June 2016 is better than "summer 2016."
- "Summer X" or "the summer of X" read ok. The "X summer" doesn't. "In the 2014 summer" doesn't sound right in English. All the best, Valenciano (talk) 21:45, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
Why have you removed my changes to an article on Kyrgyzstan? I've provided sources to some statements - these at least should have been retained. Otherwise, the article is completely biased and does not truly reflect the facts of the matter. I've spent two days editing it and now it's all gone. Who I should contact to settle this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kalkaman1555 (talk • contribs)
- Kalkaman1555, it's edits like this removing a useful link to a main article on the topic and this removing sourced content and introducing content contrary to the source, that are the issue. I suggest that you first use the talk page of the article (this link) to discuss changes that you want to make. Also, please don't use the minor edit box to describe your edits, that should only be used for things like spelling corrections, not the major changes to the text that you are making. See Help:Minor_edit for more info. Valenciano (talk) 17:46, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
Thank you, Valenciano.
I've left a few suggested changes with credible sources on the talk page, that I believe would be integrated into the article on KG this time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kalkaman1555 (talk • contribs) 19:38, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
Oh, I have just saw the disclaimer in your page. I hope the recovery process has started already.
In fact, I wanted to contact you with a request -rather a suggestion or invitation- for you to create an article for "Catalan seats" (that's how it appears at the infobox of Catalan parties, but you could find a better name, maybe) in a similar fashion such as List of MPs for constituencies in Scotland 2015–20. Why? Because I find the "Catalan seats" mention at the infobox of the Catalan parties rather confusing. And why you? Because you seem to enjoy the electoral topic, you know well the Spanish applicable rules and you are native English speaker.
Your recovery is the only priority now, though. My apologies in advance for having contacted you in these circumstances.MOUNTOLIVE fedeli alla linea 20:17, 8 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello, Mountolive. Good to see you're still around. It's nothing too serious, just sustained some nerve damage in my right arm, which makes typing painful or I have to do it with my left hand, which is awkward and the doctor recommended I avoid unnecessary typing for the next while. I should be back to active editing some time later this month and could do it then. You could also try asking Impru20, who's been doing excellent work on Spanish elections articles. All the best, Valenciano (talk) 09:10, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
- Good to hear that! Sure, take it easy or you may overload then your left wrist. I'll wait for you. I have seen some of Impru's work, very good overall. However, I have exchanged with him and we don't seem to see eye to eye: the guy seems to be really proud of his pieces and will not change anything easily. I dont like stereotypes, but sometimes it does ring true that you anglosaxons are much more cold blooded...and that helps producing good articles here in wikipedia (besides, he's not a native English speaker either). Best regards. MOUNTOLIVE fedeli alla linea 12:00, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
- I did get an 'alert' about it at my user page, but it's already +24hrs since then and the email itself has not surfaced yet :) MOUNTOLIVE fedeli alla linea 20:33, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
St Dominic's sixth form College
I was adding in additional information about the college as i attend this college and the secondary school i mentioned within the last 7 years as i just left this Spring and the close ties with secondary was accurate as we were able to get in on much lower grade requirements compared to other's they also came directly to our school multiply times to talk to us and interview us. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kellyman98 (talk • contribs) 09:18, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- Kellyman98, it wasn't me that reverted your info, but a bot. However, the removal was correct. Info added to Wikipedia must be verifiable meaning it must come from a reliable source. Personal knowledge of the topic isn't enough. Valenciano (talk) 11:00, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to Women in Food and Drink editathon
- I'm not really sure what you were aiming at with your change but it wasn't correct. You reverted Munir's goal total from 1 to zero despite the fact he'd scored against Barca today. Why? Valenciano (talk) 18:08, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
- First of all, the game wasn't ended. I reverted an incorrect fact: 1 goal in 5 games from september... ¿? With this reversion I wanted to emphasize that this type of editions (without adding the game and the date) isn't fairly and produces continuous mistakes to other wikipedists. --Zigurat (talk) 09:31, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
- Pues eso, de ahí mi queja de que usaras la herramienta reversión por algo tan irrisorio. Supongo que lo habrás hecho por novato y no tiene gran trascendencia, pero no uses la reversión si no es para rectificar una edición. Aunque solo sea por no hacer perder tiempo a otros wikipedistas por un simple 1!!! De ahí mi queja inicial: no podías haber puesto tú el 1 sin tener que revertir? Por que al revertir, wikipedia me avisa y uno vuelve a entrar en el artículo, revisa nuevamente la edición... Un saludo. --Zigurat (talk) 20:31, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
- Desafortunadamente, una gran cantidad de articulos sobre futbolistas tienen editores añadiendo información erronea. Cuando vi su edición, supuse erroneamente que esto también era la situación. Sin embargo, para evitar que suceda es necesario escribir un resymen de sus cambios, de modo que otros editores pueden entender sus motivos. Espero que no se ofenda. Un saludo. Valenciano (talk) 11:34, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- Una reversión deja poco lugar al resumen y no sólo me refiero al espacio físico... ;) No se preocupe, pero recuerde responder en la página de discusión del remitente! Con más de 10 años en wikipedia no me puedo ofender por una discusión de guante blanco. Un saludo. --Zigurat (talk) 15:23, 24 October 2016 (UTC)