- 1 Rev. Prof. Prem Saran Satsangi
- 2 Chaucer
- 3 Ann Louise Gittleman
- 4 Speedy deletion declined: Bedowyn
- 5 Destination Imagination
- 6 Amazon sustained competitive advantage
- 7 Landon Newsom
- 8 SINGER NEEL NAIK
- 9 Rocket Software
- 10 Addition NaOH Baume'
- 11 Moved back to draft:Odoi Yemoh
- 12 Livia Nichifor
- 13 New Page Review - Newsletter No.4
- 14 Speedy deletion declined: Alli Armstrong
- 15 Proposed that this article be deleted Makrifat Cinta:
- 16 Listing of past AfDs
- 17 Speedy deletion declined: Lorena Maraschi
- 18 A barnstar for you!
- 19 Articles for deletion/Samira Khan Mahi
- 20 Sareen Sports Industries (AfD)
- 21 Sam Sutter speedy deletion
- 22 Speedy deletion declined: Sadie Vidal
- 23 Re Jet Cards
- 24 Nomination for Deletion
- 25 IWA page for deletion
- 26 Page Deleted
- 27 RWM EXHIBITION
- 28 RTV Ora News
- 29 Sugr
- 30 Multiple accounts?
- 31 Edits
- 32 Request on 08:24:14, 11 July 2017 for assistance on AfC submission by Craig Shaw and Evgeniya Shaw
- 33 Carol brown
- 34 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 35 Rationalism (architecture)
- 36 Welsh Lakes
- 37 Spot-billed duck
- 38 Benjamin Smith AfD
Rev. Prof. Prem Saran Satsangi
The information you are deleting on the page is sourced to the the Original Article, Systems movement:Autobiographical Retrospectives published in the International Journal of General Systems (Ref: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03081070500422869?src=recsys) and has been suitably referenced. The edits at the moment make the remainder of the text look out of context. Please advice.
Ann Louise Gittleman
- I am aware of that, but it does not justify the misuse of this speedy deletion process. Therefore I removed the template. This is not an appropriate way to pursue a disagreement about content. Velella Velella Talk 22:59, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
Hello Velella. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Bedowyn, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: having a song featured in a notable video game indicates significance. Thank you. SoWhy 19:35, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I'm not an admin, just a prod patroller checking the prods every day. The AFD should have been highlighted on the talkpage by the closing admin in 2008 as that is the correct procedure but for some reason it wasn't done or was deleted, having it highlighted on the talkpage is a quick way to check, previous prods should be highlighted there as well but very rarely are. I have no view on the article except that it is presently non-notable and would suggest AFD, thanks Atlantic306 (talk) 21:52, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
I don't know if you noticed, but this page was recreated after it was speedy deleted by me. I deleted it on the basis that the author requested deletion (G7). I assumed that they had given up with the project, so I did not give any consideration to your A11 speedy request. You might want to consider reinstating the speedy tag, depending on how you now feel about the article. SpinningSpark 14:44, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
I made a mistake while creating the page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landon_Newsom and it was listed for deletion because I hadn't finished putting notable references on the page. I've added those references to appearances of her music on MTV and 90210 as well as guest vocals on The Used album among other things. Can you reconsider your position on deletion please?
- I believe that it is always best for other editors to form a view independent of the nominator. I am content to let the AfD run its course. Velella Velella Talk 22:00, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
SINGER NEEL NAIK
Hi Velella, I have altered the Rocket Software page in the following ways: (1) I have removed most citations that link to Rocket's website, and (2) I have added several third party citations. If these adjustments are to your satisfaction, please remove the tags. Thank you. Aaron verb (talk) 17:45, 14 May 2017 (UTC)Aaron_verb
- Hello again, Velella. To follow up to my previous message: I'd like to request again that you take a look at the Rocket Software page that you tagged for tone and notability. I believe that you'll find that the page, as it currently stands, resembles the pages of any software company of comparable size. If you have any further concerns, please let me know what you'd like me to fix. Thank you. Aaron verb (talk) 19:24, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
Addition NaOH Baume'
- Your edit had no supporting sources, made no sense on its own and was misplaced in the article. Please gain some more experience with Wikipedia doing small corections and adding relevant and good sources to unsourced text. That should help in enabling more significant additions like the test edit that you made on Sodium hydroxide. Regards Velella Velella Talk 21:10, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
Moved back to draft:Odoi Yemoh
Hello Velella, You moved this(deleted page)back to draft Odoi Yemoh. I appreciate your work in helping to ensure articles meet standards. After following a couple of links for article review. I ended up on the help chat platform where I posted the link to the article. I was given some feedback which suggested that I take out some references as they were simply profiles or announcements. It was also suggested that some sentences were 'unencyclopedic'. After delaing with the above issues, I moved it into mainspace. Did I miss a step? Sorry to bother you as I'm pretty new to Wikipedia. Manuelodoi (talk) 04:52, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, you missed the critical step. Unreviewed articles moved directly from Draft to mainspace are at serious risk of deletion. Draft articles are protected against deletion unless they are overtly promotional, copyright violations or defamatory. When a draft is ready for main space it should be submitted for review and it is up to other, uninvolved and experienced editors to agree whether it is ready for main space. I note that the article is still at Draft. In general it is much better to go to articles for creation to create new articles where it will tagged appropriately. However, I have submitted your article for review. You may still amend it while it is at review. Velella Velella Talk 07:21, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
Dear Velella, I thank you wholeheartedly for the message! I pray you with all my heart to help me edit my article Livia Nichifor correctly. Below I send you relevant additional data. Faithfully Yours, Al Balint--Al Balint (talk) 13:09, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Regrettably none of that satisfies any claim for notability. Please read the Wikipedia notability guidelines for a more lucid explantation of what it is exactly that sources have to establish. Regards Velella Velella Talk 18:32, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
New Page Review - Newsletter No.4
Speedy deletion declined: Alli Armstrong
Hello Velella. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Alli Armstrong, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: hosting a show on a notable channel indicates significance. Thank you. SoWhy 10:00, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
Proposed that this article be deleted Makrifat Cinta:
Have provided enough references for the movie. Please check before requesting for deletion.
Please feel free to let me know if you need any more queries about the movie. I am here to help you out.
- Refs belong on the article page , not here. The references you have added are not in-line references and many appear to be press releases, youtube refs etc which are not acceptable references. Please remove all references that are not truly independent and published by a reliable sources. Those that remain should be properly cited as in-line references so that readers can see what part of the text the references are supposed to support. Then, and only then, will I review the article. Unless the quality improves, it remains at risk of deletion. Velella Velella Talk 21:33, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
It is a movie. So the movie will have press releases and interviews. The movie boasts about a star studded and award winning cast and crew. They have linked the movie page to their wikipedia profile too. I have linked their profile too. You can check their wikipedia page too for reference. No actors will give press release without working in the movie. There has been enough evidences that the movie is happening and there has been lot of noise around the movie. You didnt go through the links which I have shared in the reference section. All the top media websites have covered the movie and they have written articles. Those websites are not self editable or editable by public. So they carry only authentic information. Articles which they carry in their website is all authentic. You can reliable sources to verify that too. Request you to read those before deleting or proposing for deletion. Also when there is a content added by someone, respect them and their content. I spent my quality time in adding information, so that others will be benefitted about it. Thats what Wiki is all about.
- yes, I certainly did go through the links, hence my comments above. Please read WP:GNG to understand the relationship between references and notability on Wikipedia. Press releases count for nothing and a "lot of noise" counts for even less. Velella Velella Talk 08:11, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
Listing of past AfDs
Hey, I just saw your comment at WT:Deletion process about not have a list of past AfDs. If the title is the same as the past AfDs, using the "What Links Here" tool should help. It will even show links coming in to a deleted article without needing to be an admin, see . While its not perfect, in that you would need to check before your AfD manually, it does give you one option. Monty845 03:48, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
- Many thanks. I hadn't thought to try that. It still omits the recreations with slightly different capitalisation which the bot seems to be able to spot, but it is certainly a significant help. Regards Velella Velella Talk 08:15, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: Lorena Maraschi
Hello Velella. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Lorena Maraschi, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: Subject might be important/significant (see also Google News/Books hits for this subject) / use WP:PROD or WP:AFD instead to allow other editors to participate in this decision. Thank you. SoWhy 19:11, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Quick work on the 'sock'-ing El cid, el campeador (talk) 17:43, 31 May 2017 (UTC)|
- Thanks! I was just getting fed up with kids playing here and wasting our time. Why couldn't they go and kick a football around instead, like kids used to do ?! Velella Velella Talk 19:04, 31 May 2017 (UTC)
Articles for deletion/Samira Khan Mahi
Dear Velella, I am giving 3 references : 1. http://thedailytribunal.net The Daily Tribunal - This is renowned news paper of Bangladesh.Please visit the website for more details. This is not a blog.
2. http://www.thedailystar.net The Daily Star - This is alos renowned news paper of Bangladesh.Please visit the website for more details. Please also check epaper of today is available in website. This is not a blog.
3. http://thedailynewnation.com The New Nation - This is also renowned news paper of Bangladesh.Please visit the website for more details. Please also check epaper of today is available in website. This is not a blog.
All above references is leading newspaper of Bangladesh. Why are you commented this is only blogs and other Bangladesh actress/actor already create his/her Wikipedia page with reference to above news papers. Please check other celebrities pages of Bangladesh.
- Whether or not other celebrities have pages here is not relevant to notability. I will let other editors decide on the merits of this case. Velella Velella Talk 12:11, 2 June 2017 (UTC)
Sareen Sports Industries (AfD)
Hi Valella! Any chance you can have another look at the article above, and, if you think the issues you raised earlier have now been addressed, remove the AfD tag? (It has been up for consideration for a while, now.) If not, is there anything you would recommend to improve the article? Thank you. By the way, I agree with your other AfD, for the article about the SS Ton, and I think that page is moving in the direction of being deleted, or at least merged with the page about the parent company Sareen. Climate7298 (talk) 01:31, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
Sam Sutter speedy deletion
I don't believe the wikipedia page I created Sam Sutter, should be speedily deleted from wikipedia. If you visit the page List of Mayors of Fall River, Massachusetts, you will find that, including Sam Sutter, four of the last five elected mayors of Fall River, Massachusetts have pages of their own. Fall River is one of the most populous cities in Massachusetts; thus, its mayors are significant public figures who are deserving of their own pages. Anyone interested in learning more about the history of city politics would certainly want to learn about the former heads of its municipal government. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Css1990x (talk • contribs) 01:51, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: Sadie Vidal
Hello Velella. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of Sadie Vidal, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: being a major party candidate for a parliamentary seat indicates significance. Thank you. SoWhy 09:52, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- OK. There was no evidence that she was in fact selected by the Constituency party for the seat. Now at AfD as failing WP:POLITICIAN Velella Velella Talk 14:05, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
Re Jet Cards
The jet card page is missing about 20 relevant companies. I created links from the Wikipedia Jet Card page to the appropriate page on each company website thinking that would be 100% verifiable -- It seems that having a page missing 80% of the relevant information is not very useful to users. How can I help in improving the page?
- This discussion should properly on the article talk page and not here. However, the brief answer is that however notable or not Jet card is, the companies that you are linking are not notable. You seem to be confusing Wikipedia as an encyclopaedia with a commercial site. It isn't. There is neither a requirement to list the companies involved nor is it in any way desirable. Wikipedia is not an advertising site for Jet cards. As an editor with a conflict of interest on this subject, you should not be editing this page or associated pages at all. On a separate issue, please can you re-instate your COI declaration (without all the promotional guff) on your user page. Thank you. Velella Velella Talk 08:24, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
I think I am dense, but if I look up a page on airlines, there is a comprehensive list of airlines -- see below
Hi Velella, If I wanted to see a list of aviation companies offering a jet card - where do I find them? I would think if there is a jet card page on Wikipedia, I would want an 'encyclopedic' list of those companies. As I know who they are - I thought - if I provided the list with direct reference to their website (proving they offer a jet card) that would be OK, but I understand not.
Would another way to find a 3rd party reference I was not involved in (I am an expert in private aviation writing for Forbes) that mentions that company and that they offer jet cards and provide a link to that. I use Wikipedia ALL the time - it is invaluable and it drives me crazy to see a page about something I know a lot about that is so lacking and not correct. I am just trying to help. Thanks, Doug — Preceding unsigned comment added by Douggollan (talk • contribs) 09:45, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- As noted above, please discuss on the article talk page and not here. Nobody except you and me read this page. Velella Velella Talk 09:53, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
Nomination for Deletion
Hey there, would you be able to give me good reasons why you nominated my article for deletion? Also, you deleted a large chunk of information/facts that took awhile to put up, they were relevant and factual information. Thanks.~~noahtyrell~~ Noahtyrell (talk) 13:44, 25 June 2017 (UTC)noahtyrell
- Noahtyrell The text I deleted was extreme promotional puffery and text supported only by the personal web-site of the article subject. Neither type of material is acceptable on Wikipedia. I nominated it for deletion because the person did not appear, IMHO, to be notable. Please read WP:GNG to see why. Incidentally all of this was included in the edit summaries and in the nomination - not sure why I need to repeat my views here. Perhaps you could explain. Velella Velella Talk 15:20, 25 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, sorry this is my first article I have made before and did not realise your comments were in the history of the page. I have removed the gushing self-promotional information and provided more reliable refs. By the way, maybe you should not be so harsh with your constructive criticism. Thanks.Noahtyrell (talk) 11:00, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- No. The edit history shows quite clearly that I removed the gushing puffery but it was you that has persistently added very poorly sourced content. Wikipedia is an encyclopaedia, not a venue for promotion of minor celebrities or any other trivial content. There are very clear policies and guidelines to try and ensure that all articles meet a minimum quality threshold. As a contributor, you should be equally mindful of these policies yet, despite very clear advice, you choose to ignore them. If the resulting criticism is harsh, then that is, perhaps, only to be expected. Velella Velella Talk 13:26, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- Calm down. I only said sorry that I did not see your comments in the edit history, as this is the FIRST article I have ever created and didn't know that your comments were in the Edit history (I'm not sure if you read my reply incorrectly or you are just a really rude person?). I realise that the information you removed needed to be removed, it's gone. I understand what Wikipedia is, and once again I'm sorry that I didn't see your comments and when I did see them, I understood what you were saying and I edited the page to better suit the policies. Noahtyrell (talk) 05:22, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
IWA page for deletion
I'm afraid we didn't see your comment to Angharad Dalton (she is no longer with the IWA) on our edit page until today; and we are working on the suggested edits.
Regards, IWA Team 16:24, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
Greetings, I am new here and I just created my first Artist article by the name 'KING ND'. As it's my first try I am still unaware of a lot of things and still learning how this works. I still don't understand why my article was deleted. I had still not finished adding all the content as i was still learning the ways. I've spent many hours on adding whatever I could at that moment. You go ahead and delete my article when i'm still trying to figure it out. I would humbly request you to restore my page and guide me on how to not get it deleted in the future. Thank You Kingnd (talk) 09:34, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RAPPERKINGND
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/king-nd/id1057518233 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kingnd (talk • contribs) 09:44, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
- Every article on Wikipedia must meet the notability standard. This article does not. The only sources are YouTube, an unreliable blog type source reporting an interview an an itunes sales site. None of these get close to notability. Writing an artice about yourself is also strongly discouraged. Velella Velella Talk 11:15, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
hi, you have placed a deletion tab on this page i was editing:
- There are many issues here. First; it is clear from your edits that you have a very close connection with the subject but have not declared any conflict of interest on your user page.
- Second; the fact that one editor stops editing when a conflict of interest flag is raised and another starts immediately afterwards raises serious issues of whether there is editing by one person from multiple accounts. This is not permitted.
- Third; the edits that you made, which are significant, are not sourced to independent and reliable sources as required by Wikipedia.
- Fourth the whole article is not supported by reliable and independent sources which attest to the notability of the subject. This is the basis for the nomination for deletion. Despite the deletion notice, no editor has provided any such sources and I have not been able to find such sources. Velella Velella Talk 19:51, 4 July 2017 (UTC)
RTV Ora News
- I always prefer to let other editors re-evaluate updated articles. It avoids accusations of vendetta or preferential treatment. Regards Velella Velella Talk 17:08, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
|I have only one account, please and thanks. I'm not sure about your accusation. Mariaabalu (talk) 17:05, 10 July 2017 (UTC)|
- In that case you would have no problems if I open an investigation ? Velella Velella Talk 17:07, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
|What I was referring to was what you deleted - "Pamela is an architect whose work has evolved beyond physical structures to digital infrastructure. She creates spaces for humanity (physical and virtual) that stimulates and empowers individuals to live their best life." with the link http://www.contractdesign.com/practice/Designer-You-Should-Know-Pamela-Abalu-40992.shtml as not YouTube. I'm just a new user learning, not trying to spite anyone. All info I'm getting is from those sources. Would appreciate feedback on how to make it less promotional as you're more experienced on that. Mariaabalu (talk) 20:22, 10 July 2017 (UTC)|
Request on 08:24:14, 11 July 2017 for assistance on AfC submission by Craig Shaw and Evgeniya Shaw
Hello I am the author of the Craig Shaw (Dancer page). I act as Craig and Evgeniya's PA. I mistakenly logged in as them instead of me (Chrisshaw14) and as a result it looks like they produced it. I also created a page under my own login called Professional Showdance World Dance Champions and linked it to existing World Dance Champion pages. Would it be better to delete their page and account and just use mine, then I can set up the page properly. Thanks for the assistance Craig Shaw and Evgeniya Shaw (talk) 08:24, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
- Chrisshaw14 There are so many issues here It is difficult to know where to begin. First you very clearly have a conflict of interest here. There is no declaration of any conflict of interest on your user page. Second the user name User:Craig Shaw and Evgeniya Shaw is not an acceptable username and it appears to represent more than one person. Third, the page isn't anybody's , it belongs to Wikipedia and anyone can edit it. In reality , my comment about conflict of interest applies equally strongly whichever account was used to write the original article. My candid advice would be that Craig Shaw shows no evidence whatsoever of being notable and I would abandon all work on the article and wait till someone totally independent notices him and writes about him in a reliable source and then another non-involved person might think that he was worth a Wikipedia entry. I also have severe doubts about the notability of Professional Showdance World Champions which may be tagged for deletion soon unless there is a very marked improvement to referencing - in this case referencing for the notability of such a list and for the individuals - all the current references lack any independence. Velella Velella Talk 12:50, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
- You can't because it is a copyright violation which is wholly unacceptable on Wikipedia. It is also a misuse of a user page. If you want to write an article about Carol Brown please go to WP:Article wizard and start there. Please note that all the words and phrases used must be your own and not copied from elsewhere and all significant facts and statements need to be supported by reliable and independent sources. Regards Velella Velella Talk 23:31, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
New Page Reviewer Newsletter
I removed the content because it was uncited and there is no evidence of notability by Local Authority area, as per core policies on verifiability and notability. I have dug out some sources on the biggest lakes, and other notable lakes, which I can add into the article in place. Eldumpo (talk) 20:13, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
- There is no requirement to establish notability for the way the list is ordered. Geographical physical features are generally regarded as having inherent notability provided that there is evidence thst they exist. In this case the Ordance survey series of maps provides this. The geographical location establishes their existence withina Local Authority boundary. Having a bald list without any ordering greatly diminishes the encyclopaedic worth of the article. This way of odering was agreed by consensus in the very early days of the article and no good reason has been provided to change it. Velella Velella Talk 20:45, 21 July 2017 (UTC)
- Have you a link to any discussion / guideline that states that there is no requirement to establish notability for the way of ordering. I don't agree that all lakes are automatically notable. There are a number of lakes that are red links and there is no indication that some of them are notable in the context of discussions about Welsh lakes. There's a category for people to see all Welsh lakes. The previous consensus (or just what has been done before) is hardly a strong reason to keep things as they are, changes can be made on Wikipedia. Eldumpo (talk) 07:18, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I've just tried to split the species Spot-billed duck into two articles: Indian spot-billed duck and Eastern spot-billed duck. I was doing this because the major authorities have split the spot-billed duck into two species. (IOC, H&M4, HBW alive and Clements). Specifically the Birds Project on English Wikipedia follows the IOC which you can access here. On English wikipedia we create an article for each species of bird.
I duplicated the article Spot-billed duck and then set about changing the text to reflect the different species but moments later - as I was doing this - you reverted by changes. Perhaps I should have created new articles in a sand-box - but I can quickly make major changes to the text. Aa77zz (talk) 15:40, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
Benjamin Smith AfD
When you struck the duplicate at WP:Articles for deletion/Benjamin Smith, did you mean to remove two other !votes as well? Triptothecottage (talk) 21:53, 2 August 2017 (UTC) Triptothecottage (talk) 21:53, 2 August 2017 (UTC)