|Welcome to my talk page. Feel free to leave me a message here. To leave a new message, click on the new message link below. Do not leave new messages under old ones. Thanks!|
|Threads older than 90 days may be archived by.|
- 1 Mary (Sarkodie album) reversion
- 2 reply
- 3 It was a mistake.
- 4 Nuru
- 5 Big Six and Nu Afrika Records
- 6 Talk To User:Oluwa2Chainz
- 7 Daniel Keys
- 8 Review this for Sugarboy hit single Hola Hola i saw it online by my research
- 9 Comments by Gillsant Mlaseko
- 10 Eva - the GIGO EP
- 11 Cassper Nyovest Deletion
- 12 Edit and contributio s to Warri
- 13 How do i add references to pending updates
- 14 Contests
- 15 Hello Versace1608
Mary (Sarkodie album) reversion
You are right,I am a Nigerian,an avid follower of reekado,I am new to Wikipedia,I am still trying to learn referencing better,as soon as I am fully done with learning it,I promise to always cite my source..the last source is from a well known online media house in Nigeria, naij.com.thanks
It was a mistake.
- @Reeyia: Please visit the Help:Referencing for beginners article to familiarize yourself with adding references to articles. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 23:47, 14 May 2016 (UTC)
Please help me in investigating the page Nuru. As a collector and ardent fan of South African, Nigerian and Ghanian hip hop, I have never come across this act. Yet somehow he appears to be in the list of associated acts with African acts such as Sarkodie, Cassper Nyovest, Da LES and others. Most of the citations on his page seem to be iTunes links and blog posts instead of news articles from credible sites. I've not visited all of the links in the references but some of them do not lead to the sites specified in the title. Your assistance in this matter will be hugely appreciated — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tekzasexler (talk • contribs) 15:13, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
- @Tekzasexler: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The Nuru article will be deleted soon. If you come across any article you feel isn't suitable for inclusion, please do not hesitate to take it to WP:AFD. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 12:52, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
Big Six and Nu Afrika Records
Versace1608 You have submitted two of my articles for deletion, why is that?, if you can help improve it why don't you do so instead of wanting it be deleted.
- @Malikofori: Thanks for contacting me. I took the articles you wrote to WP:AFD because I believe they fail WP:GNG. I did a Google search and didn't come across anything convincing. I encourage you to read WP:RS in order to get a better understanding of reliable sources. Please refrain from citing social media and user generated sites such as Twitter, Instagram, Wikipedia and Facebook. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 12:46, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
Talk To User:Oluwa2Chainz
- Beatburx = 1,2, 10,16..
- Masterkraft = 3,15..
- Young John = 4,14,19..
- Jay Sleek = 5,8,9..
- Dj Coublon = 6,7,11,12,13,17,20..
- Kimzbeatz = 20..
- Hello Bello96, please don't see me as a "bully". I reverted your edit because it didn't look constructive. This edit you made looks okay than the previous one you added. Regards. --—Oluwa2Chainz »» (talk to me) 15:47, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
- @Bello96: I understand that you were trying to contribute to the said article, but please refrained from citing Generalblaze.com and other user-generated forums. Per WP:USERG, websites with user-generated content are unacceptable. As for the Young John redirection, we will need to talk it out and get consensus before moving the page. I believe you're right about redirecting Young Jonn to Young John. The current sources in the Young Jonn article states Young John, not Young Jonn. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 23:25, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
Actually any article is worth saving as we are talking about a person or a subject of value even if not presently notable as per our standards. Basically why I edited the Daniel Keys page is because I actually like his materials so much, "Come Closer" for example. To add, I've seen him performing live in a certain event in which he was one of the performers and it just blew my mind seeing his photo and the precious information about his career in this article. I distinctly remember when I heard him, I found him a charming even a fascinating character, a Nigerian who wants to make it in Canada, and in a French-speaking city like Montreal, so an admirable effort. I would actually buy a ticket to hear him live. Plus I have a genuine feeling he will break out with a majour song sometime in the near future and a great video or a collaboration. Imagine the joy that I or anyone could experience once this happens and one feels he or she had it very early on, or contributed albeit in a token way to it happening earlier than anybody else. If he's not notable, well, you still know you are at least supporting an up and coming artist.
One very important reason I edited extensively on this page, is that the article was written in a deliciously atrocious style and language (which is by the way back again in all its shameful glory). Plus that it is clearly written by a "related party" to pump it up. If the article was not gone for some obscure reason, now it will surely be gone in this "original version" that you see now back on our site. It now reads deliciously: "Now With 4 Major Singles Released Worldwide under one year, Daniel Keys has Done What Most Independent Artist cannot do. Daniel Keys is ready to take over the industry globally". Further down: "Daniel Keys has solidified his status as a popular fixture on international and Canadian based entertainment blogs. Daniel Keys has been recognized as one of the brightest up- and-coming multi-talented artists in the entertainment industry. Daniel Keys believes that 2016 will be his breakthrough year".
You know I tried to edit this to make it a decently readable article, even if for a few days. The nice thing about it though is that you can always save it (original and re-edited versions) on you own files and years from now read it again and smile for your effort. You notice I don't defend keeping it as an article here, but since you asked why I edited it, I am giving you reasons, even though personal selfish and far-fetched they seem. Having said that, I dedicate to you this song: "If Merle Would Sing My Song" by a young talented Blaine Larsen. The lyrics are here attached. The song hit hard on me as Blaine Larsen sings "I still could be an overnight sensation - It would only take one sympathetic ear" to fulfill his dreams of success. And that's why I "sing" Daniel Keys' "song" 15:00, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
- @Werldwayd: Thanks for introducing me to "If Merle Would Sing My Song" by Blaine Larsen. I really enjoyed the song. His voice sounds very mature. He reminds me a lot of Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban. I'm not really feeling the "Come Closer" song. I personally feel like the artist is not being original. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 01:11, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
Sugarboy single Hola Hola was on a notable Radio Chart In Nigeria popularly know as Playdata Charts you can do your research to see or follow the link to their official website  here is a screen shot i took
- @Nonso Nde: If you're trying to create an article about the aforementioned song, please don't. The song fails WP:NSONG and isn't notable to have a stand-alone article. Playdata Chart is not a suitable chart because it is not affiliated with the IFPI and doesn't use Nielsen SoundScan. Even if Playdata was a suitable chart, the aforementioned song still wouldn't be suitable for a stand-alone article. FYI, notability is not contingent upon a music or sales chart. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 23:18, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
Comments by Gillsant Mlaseko
Hello Please refer to your comments regarding Artist profile AY. I have added all necessary references as requested.. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Gillsant Mlaseko (talk • contribs) 19:30, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
- @Gillsant Mlaseko: You didn't provide a reliable source to support the information you added to the article. Please keep in mind that everything you add to Wikipedia must be backed by reliable sources. For more information on reliable sources, please read WP:RS. If you need help with citing sources, please visit the Help:Referencing for beginners article. Welcome to Wikipedia and thanks for your contributions thus far. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 19:42, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
Eva - the GIGO EP
Hi.Im Slickitem...I edited the page of the GIGO EP album with the average score it scored on a review aggregator website for African entertainment media (vibez9ja.com .ng).A legitimate website with well detailed information in the site about its history.the website is also a reliable source per wp:rs with a renowned and efficiently functioning editorial board present but the accurate updates were reverted...may I know why well respected Wikipedia editor ? SlickItem (talk) 23:17, 21 June 2016 (UTC)
- @SlickItem: Sorry for the late response. Vibez9ja.com is not a reliable source. It looks more like a self-published promotional website. The website has no editorial oversight, just trivial and vague sentences. The website fails WP:GNG and WP:WEB. It has not been discussed in reliable sources and cannot be considered reliable. Please refrain from promoting Vibez9ja.com on Wikipedia, thank you. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 21:29, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
Cassper Nyovest Deletion
Hey Versace1608. I feel very offended by your decision to challenge my addition to the Cassper Nyovest's Article without any grounds. If you check the citations you would realised that I named all my credible sources. Please check before I reinstate the information you deleted. Yours Sincerely Davidson McStallion (Mr.) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mhlongokhetho (talk • contribs) 13:23, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Mhlongokhetho: I reverted the information you added because it was unsourced. Wikipedia relies on verifiability and you must always cite content you add. Please visit WP:REFB for help with referencing. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 16:37, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
Edit and contributio s to Warri
Hi, i have lived in Warri all my life, the changes i made do not need refrences since there are no articles stating them. They are sure facts that I know and see everyday, i think there is no need for citing, thanks.. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tegaton (talk • contribs) 19:27, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Tegaton: You're getting it all wrong. Wikipedia relies on verifiability. Everything you add to this encyclopedia must be backed by a reliable source. It is extremely important that you do this in order to keep the article accurate. By adding a reliable source, you're making it possible for readers to independently verify the info you add. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 19:36, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
How do i add references to pending updates
Thanks for your ref tips, how do i add the reference and citations to the pending updates? Or do i have to start editing again? Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tegaton (talk • contribs) 06:21, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Tegaton: I don't quite understand what you mean by that. I don't think you can revise an edit that's pending. If you want to add references and citations to a page, edit the page and save your changes. If the page you edit happens to have a pending protection lock, your edit will be reviewed by an editor with the pending changes reviewer right. You are auto-confirmed and you can edit any page as you see fit, including pending protection pages. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 11:25, 17 July 2016 (UTC)
User:Dr. Blofeld has created Wikipedia:WikiProject Africa/Contests. The idea is to run a series of contests/editathons focusing on each region of Africa. He has spoken to Wikimedia about it and $1000-1500 is possible for prize money. As someone who has previously expressed interest in African topics, would you be interested in contributing to one or assisting draw up core article/missing article lists? He says he's thinking of North Africa for an inaugural one in October. If interested please sign up in the participants section of the Contest page, thanks.♦ --Ser Amantio di NicolaoChe dicono a Signa?Lo dicono a Signa. 01:39, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Ser Amantio di Nicolao: Thanks for informing me. I went ahead and added myself to the participants section of the aforementioned page. I'm looking forward to this. Versace1608 Wanna Talk? 21:37, 21 July 2016 (UTC)