To leave me a new message, please click HERE.
Australian Business Traveller
XLinkBot automatically reverts links to ausbt.com.au; I've started a discussion of this at WP:RSN#Australian Business Traveller reliable source? which may benefit from your input. However, I can't find where ausbt.com.au is blacklisted; it's on neither Mediawiki:Spam-blacklist nor User:XLinkBot/RevertList. Can you help with that? —Alex (ASHill | talk | contribs) 19:50, 23 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Ashill: Ausbt.com.au was blacklisted as a reference only—see User:XLinkBot/RevertList requests/log#January 2011 and User:XLinkBot/RevertReferencesList. I've made a delisting request at User talk:XLinkBot/RevertList#Proposed removals. Conifer (talk) 00:54, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
how to make the documents citeThekingofrings (talk) 14:41, 13 January 2015 (UTC)
- Please read WP:CITE for detailed instructions. --Versageek 04:10, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
revert of quote
Hello! Why did you remove my edit (No bad intentions) Just a question :). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:28, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
- A quote from some random person really isn't encyclopedia material. --Versageek 22:32, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
Can you please put the profile of Kishalaya bhattacharjee with image incorporated with right info box please? I
am very much new in this era, you can delete all those external URL s if wikipedia does Not allow... Thanks in advance
Sincerely yours, gargi — Preceding unsigned comment added by Choudhury.gargi (talk • contribs) 14:42, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
I have deleted mostly all advised by you only... Please consider now to keep this profile like this Sir ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishalay_Bhattacharjee If you see the additional url which can harm the site then you can delete them but please keep the right box with image, please Thanking you Sincerely yours gargi
I have some reason to think that my laptop was stolen last Friday morning EST and that access to this account was compromised in a way that creates potential for abusive editing by whoever has my laptop. Can you run a checkuser on this account to see whether and at what time someone logged into this account on the morning (EST) of Friday the 6th, and if so, where they logged in? I know that Wikipedia checkusers are not a laptop-finding service, and if I knew how to check the IP addresses for my own account, I would. But the theft creates the possibility that someone will make abusive edits from my account, and that's something I'd like to head off -- in addition to getting my laptop back. Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -- AndySimpson talk? 18:43, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- Change the passwords on both your Wikipedia account and any email account you may have linked to your Wikipedia account. Change the email account pw first. --Versageek 22:36, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello, this IP that you blocked on 8 January for a month for abusing multiple accounts has resumed activity: Special:Contributions/22.214.171.124. I thought that I would report it to you
rather than AIV since you might know more of the context of the past edit history. - Bossanoven (talk) 22:31, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- Note: the February 9 edits do not appear to constitute vandalism at all. - Bossanoven (talk) 22:33, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
A response would be nice. - Bossanoven (talk) 01:48, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not seeing any further abusive activity at this time. Thanks, --Versageek 04:12, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello, just added a youtube link to a video and received this message:
February 2015 Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia, your addition of one or more external links to the page Piergiorgio Welby has been reverted. Your edit here to Piergiorgio Welby was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to remove links which are discouraged per our external links guideline. The external link(s) you added or changed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwgVTG6R9A) is/are on my list of links to remove and probably shouldn't be included in Wikipedia. If the external link you inserted or changed was to a media file (e.g. a sound or video file) on an external server, then note that linking to such files may be subject to Wikipedia's copyright policy, as well as other parts of our external links guideline. If the information you linked to is indeed in violation of copyright, then such information should not be linked to. Please consider using our upload facility to upload a suitable media file, or consider linking to the original. If you were trying to insert an external link that does comply with our policies and guidelines, then please accept my creator's apologies and feel free to undo the bot's revert. However, if the link does not comply with our policies and guidelines, but your edit included other, constructive, changes to the article, feel free to make those changes again without re-adding the link. Please read Wikipedia's external links guideline for more information, and consult my list of frequently-reverted sites. For more information about me, see my FAQ page. Thanks! --XLinkBot (talk) 17:01, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
The fact is I am the author of that video and the youtube link quoted is the one operated and owned by the owners of the said video - Al Jazeera in this specific instance. I understand a bot is uncapable of spotting the difference between legitimated and illegitimate youtube links, or capable of knowing who the potential copyright owner of contents is, but he/she got it wrong this time around...
Hope you can mend it and keep the link posted. And, if you get a change, wacht the video. Welby's story is a touching one.
Best, 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:22, 11 February 2015 (UTC)Emanuele
- Unfortunately "Al Jazeera English" content isn't available in the United States, so I can't watch it. You can revert the bot if you believe the link is appropriate. --Versageek 04:18, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
Wiki page for Reese Waters
Hello. I am trying to submit a page for Reese Waters, but keep getting an error message saying: "ERROR: Incorrect or missing CAPTCHA. How do I fix this and what do I need to do to properly submit a profile page? Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Abbieparker08 (talk • contribs) 20:44, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
Request for undeletion / SPI Closure
Hi Versageek. I'm leaving this message on your talk page because you are a CheckUser. There appears to be some edit warring and disagreements between users about the resemblances between different versions of an article. Please see Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion for a more detailed explanation. Thanks. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:05, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi Versageek. Could you please restore the content from Tasha2015 to their user space? I looked for it at User:Tasha2015, but the history is gone. gobonobo + c 00:17, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- done --Versageek 00:33, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
Why did you do this revert? Wasn't it just fixing dead links? SpinningSpark 17:50, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- archive.limited is now blacklisted. Despite efforts to make it appear to be associated with archive.org, it is not. --Versageek 18:46, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
You do understand that Hapa is not a word that describes a person or group, right? That is the problem. This is attempting to create an neologism from a Hawaiian word that is "part" of a description of a group. Should I wait before I attempt AFD?--Mark Miller (talk) 06:34, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
- Go ahead and try AFD, I have no attachments to the article, it just doesn't merit a speedy deletion. --Versageek 06:39, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
- Before I attempt AFD as an option, I wonder if just trying to fix the sourcing and scope issues might be worth attempting first. I will try a rescue attempt.--Mark Miller (talk) 07:00, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
Possible sockpuppet of E4024
See here. Thank you. --92slim (talk) 22:37, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
You deleted the Ricegum page, even though I edited it and met wikipedia criteria! — Preceding unsigned comment added by WindsOfNight (talk • contribs) 02:25, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
- Not even close to meeting the criteria, and adding the obviously false claims with fake references doesn't help. --Versageek 02:28, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
Nepal Earth Quake 2015. My Experiance
Hello. The same content is present here as well. — LeoFrank Talk 04:06, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
WHY DID YOU DELETED MY A/C AT wikipedia — Preceding unsigned comment added by Afsarrazakhan (talk • contribs) 07:30, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
- The pages were deleted because they did not meet our requirements for inclusion and Wikipedia is not a webhost. Please see your [[talk page for more details. --Versageek 15:52, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I created the page Duniya Ki Rai that you deleted. I am new to Wikipedia and my intention was not to promote this show here but to create a genuinely informative avenue for users.
How can I rewrite the page so that it doesn't get deleted? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Azharfateh (talk • contribs) 08:31, 12 June 2015 (UTC)
Hello! I would like to put my article back because "We love eating" is a worthy program conducted by the European Union that teaches children how to eat healthy. Nowadays, we meet the problem of obesity all around the world and we need to prevent that through programs as this one. If you put my page back, I will make it better and I will put more reliable sources. I hope you can help me. Thank you! — Preceding unsigned comment added by JurnaRaluca (talk • contribs) 08:15, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
This guy Pratish is quite famous in chennai. He is aggressive in his business. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 03:29, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
Multiple counts of Vandalism. Possible Troll User
Hey, could you give the user Copeman22 a look? (no user page, fyi.) There's a couple of edits by him that I've had to revert on some smokeless tobacco pages, and looking at his relatively short edit list, it seems that there's something going on there. Some of what he's said is racist in leaning. Kitsunedawn (talk) 08:28, 20 June 2015 (UTC)
Dear Versageek, Hi! i want to learn something related to wikipedia from you online. Please! can you contact me at these social networking sites?
- Facebook : Facebook (Tulsi Bhagat)
- E-mail me : Tulsibhagat50@gmail.com
- Twitter : Twitter (Tulsi Bhagat)
- Google Plus : Google+ (Tulsi Bhagat)
- Skype : Tulsi Bhagat. -- 30px Tulsi Bhagat (Talk) 08:40, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
- I prefer to communicate on Wikipedia. What can I help you with? --Versageek 01:44, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- @Versageek: been new to wikipedia; I want learn something about bot. I operated bot named Tulsibot on wikidata and i used to edit on Nepali wiki, Maithili wiki etc.-- 30px Tulsi Bhagat (Talk) 07:39, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- For information about XLinkBot, you probably want to talk to User:Beetstra, he programmed the bot & the related helper bots that run in the background. --Versageek 16:59, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
deletion of article
why is my article being removed again and again — Preceding unsigned comment added by Zuhaib Qadri (talk • contribs) 00:40, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
- Please read all of the messages left on your user talk page. They explain why the page has been deleted multiple times. --Versageek 17:00, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
Reason of Article Deletion
My article was in draft from last one month and today it is deleted with reason given of "advertising or promotion". I have followed all the guidelines of Wikipedia and also the format required with referral links but again in last deleted after awaiting long period. Can you please review the article again and let me know if any updates are required. Because it is not promotional article, it was posted in purpose to provide the information about the company to internet users. WWICS is group of companies and it has more then one lakh clients in the world. We want that our future clients can read about us in detail through wikipedia before a part of our services.
Please review it once again and let me know the solution to publish about my company in Wikipedia.
Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mranujkaushal (talk • contribs) 05:07, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- I have restored the draft article and made some edits to the page to clear up the promotional tone and offer suggestions on how to proceed. Please also read our conflict of interest guidelines and our guidelines on establishing the notability of companies. --Versageek 14:29, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
Reference errors on 29 June
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
Please check this page and fix the errors highlighted. If you think this is a false positive, you can report it to my operator. Thanks, ReferenceBot (talk) 00:18, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
article deletions Genetic Internet
In reference to the following pages, would you be able to assist us. An assistant at our company established these pages. The founder of the company is a former engineer at Netscape and has recently filed patents regarding the genetic engineering of information. These pages are not intended to be promotional, but factual. Can you help us establish these pages in the proper context? The genetic engineering of information is important in the evolution of the Internet. How can I structure these documents according to your standards?
Chris874664 (talk) 06:19, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
Genetically Engineered Information, Hereditary Internet, Hereditary Networks, Genetic Internet
- Wikipedia is not a place to publish original research. Patents are not considered to be reliable sources. Once the material has appeared in peer reviewed journals it may be appropriate to create an article on the subject. --Versageek 06:37, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
Sorry about that.
Hi. Sorry about the link. I posted it on the wrong part of the page. http://bioelectrobotics.com/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dbudge1 (talk • contribs) 23:30, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
I changed some vocabulary and added legitimate links. also 1 citation to page: PKK
but your bot is reverting them. not only the links but the vocabulary too.
for example: PKK did not fight in rojava YPG did. I can find hundreds of citations about this.
the kurdish guy who changed the word terrorist to militant also erased pkk attacks on sweden and pkk attacks on civilians.
also please lock the title pkk as it is being used as a propoganda tool by those terrorists, if you can.
debating pkk as non-terrorist is same as debating al-qaida or hezbollah as non-terrorist.
excuse my broken english and thank you in advance.
Someone created History of psychiatry after copying it from Psychiatry. That's why there's no need of partial insertion of some bytes of that article on Psychiatry. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:57, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
User:Doc James can read too. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 07:57, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- links -   22.214.171.124 (talk)
- One is a subpage of the other. We leave a summary in the main article. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 07:59, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- Fine then, I have expanded that section now. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 08:07, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
Your XLinkBot bot reverted a template:copypaste
Dear Versageek: I noticed on the Phil Drummond article that most of the text is from his facebook page. So I put the copypaste template and a couple others. The copypaste template contained the link to his publicly view-able facebook page. This is my edited version.
As a result, the Xlinkbot reverted all the flags I added to this article. What is to be done? In this case the link to his facebook is legitimate since it's the evidence that the entire article is copied from the facebook. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:52, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Beetstra: - I reverted the bot. Dirk, can we code to avoid this? --Versageek 19:43, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
- The code is already there - I'll add this to the settings. Back in a couple of minutes. --Dirk Beetstra T C 03:11, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
- this should do the trick. --Dirk Beetstra T C 03:13, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
Thank you so much in deed, Mr. XLinkBot.
Concerning the word, "Karbala," phonetically speaking, there is a big difference between the two letters, "E & A" according to the accurate Arabic pronunciation. Some words or letters might sound the same to the non-Arabic speaking people, but to the native speakers, they and how they are pronounced sound different. As an Arab, linguist, and translator of the official website of the Imam Hussein Holy Shrine, I'm merely trying to help make the article better because I love Wikipedia so much, and I'd always do my best to take care of it in order to be better. If you would like me to help, I'll absolutely be more than happy to cooperate with you to make any articles concerning my environment, such as history, word pronunciation, or anything else, better.
Thanking you in advance — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mohammed-Jasim1982 (talk • contribs) 05:57, 20 August 2015 (UTC)
Invitation to subscribe to the edit filter mailing list
Hi, as a user in the edit filter manager user group we wanted to let you know about the new wikipedia-en-editfilters mailing list. As part of our recent efforts to improve the use of edit filters on the English Wikipedia it has been established as a venue for internal discussion by edit filter managers regarding private filters (those only viewable by administrators and edit filter managers) and also as a means by which non-admins can ask questions about hidden filters that wouldn't be appropriate to discuss on-wiki. As an edit filter manager we encourage you to subscribe; the more users we have in the mailing list the more useful it will be to the community. If you subscribe we will send a short email to you through Wikipedia to confirm your subscription, but let us know if you'd prefer another method of verification. I'd also like to take the opportunity to invite you to contribute to the proposed guideline for edit filter use at WP:Edit filter/Draft and the associated talk page. Thank you! Sam Walton (talk) and MusikAnimal talk 18:22, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.
As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.
An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.
The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have access to nonpublic information and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy.
Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. The general confidentiality agreement is now ready, and the OTRS agreement will be ready after 22 September 2015. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign
If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnumwikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation
Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 23:33, 15 September 2015 (UTC) • Translate • Get help
Unique bid auction
Hello, I see you reverted my edit to Unique bid auction. I think that and Guess 2/3 of the average are similar games and so should link to each other. What was your rationale for reverting? Thanks, cagliost (talk) 15:28, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- It didn't make any sense to me. I suggest you add text to the article explaining how the game is relevant to the auction, maybe under the mathematics part - the text can include link to the game article, similar text on the game article would be helpful too. --Versageek 18:56, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
I am unable to see the creation date of your account? Is it so long before that the logs are purged? --AmritasyaPutraT 10:08, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
- My account was created before they started logging the creation date of accounts. --Versageek 16:25, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
You are invited to join the Women in Architecture edit-a-thon @ Cambridge, MA on October 16! (drop-in any time, 6-9pm)--Pharos (talk) 18:27, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
Hey Versageek. I know nothing about bots so I'm not touching this one without asking. There were COI issues and too many links in the above diff - but are the sweeping content changes something a bot should be doing? It appears to have been triggered by the excessive linking, which there was, I'm just a little confused. Thank you! PanydThe muffin is not subtle 23:12, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
- The bot normally reverts all edits by a user because we have found that to not do so tends to leave things broken. --Versageek 20:42, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
Reputation Management Edit
Why did you revert my edit and addition to citing the fact that Amazon filed suit against Fiverr users who were selling fake reviews? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rdr1985 (talk • contribs) 19:24, 23 October 2015 (UTC)
- I have readded your material with a slight change. I placed the statement in front of the existing references which mention the Fiverr site specifically. I had reverted you because we normally expect a reference from a reliable source to be included with a specific statement like the one you added. If you are adding details from existing references, it would be good to mention that in the edit comment. Sorry for the confusion. -- Versageek 20:38, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
Deletion Of Best Wishes:Jirachi
Hello Versageek, i send a message for you because you deleted my first article Best Wishes Jirachi without no reason.i did hardwork to complete it and i worked for 3 hours.i want it back please it is useful for many parents and kids.please i want it back. By, Lananish Snivy — Preceding unsigned comment added by LananishSnivy (talk • contribs) 12:49, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- I'm willing to email you a copy of the text if you enable email for your account, but if you repost it on Wikipedia it will just be deleted again. If you want to post original stories online you should try something like Blogger--Versageek 18:19, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
Anti aging cream
Sorry for the screwup, was trying to remove spam. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2600:1010:B056:945F:C2C5:6C5E:4E70:26E4 (talk) 22:58, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
I'm writing on your talk page because you took part in the discussion about the extension of a range IP block, there're less than 2 hours left for the new block to start and yesterday I added some information making a summary at the end of the section: may you please join back the discussion and give your final opinion about the matter?
Thank you in advance!
Centocinquantuno (talk) 09:24, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
You deleted my page of a name it was for to be used in a scavenger hunt for my girlfriend of said name. Now it is ruibned ∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅∅ — Preceding unsigned comment added by Gracken42069 (talk • contribs) 01:17, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion of Neelix redirects
There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The thread is Neelix-created redirects, yet again. Thank you. Ivanvector 🍁 (talk) 05:04, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
about deleted page Dayanand Jha
Hi, I want to recreate the page Dayanand Jha. I followed the general process for it. Can you help me in this regard? https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dayanand_Jha&action=edit&redlink=1 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Knjhakeshav (talk • contribs) 11:15, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- I can not restore the version that was deleted because it was a copyright violation. You should feel free to start a new article in the Draft space. That will give you time to develop the content before it is evaluated for publishing in regular article space. Please remember not to copy and paste text from other sites. You must write the article in your own words. --Versageek 22:02, 19 November 2015 (UTC)