User talk:VodkaJazz/Archive 2
- Original: 
- 1 Welcome to VandalProof!
- 2 BAA
- 3 WC2006
- 4 il-Budaj
- 5 Thanks
- 6 Proper guidelines for deletion
- 7 The Maltese Falcon
- 8 Antifeminist template
- 9 Welcome!
- 10 (Replies by Maltesedog)
- 11 Maltese blessed redux
- 12 Maltese swadesh list
- 13 Disney/Barney vandal
- 14 How to...?
- 15 Admin coaching
Welcome to VandalProof!
Thank you for your interest in VandalProof, VodkaJazz! You have now been added to the list of authorized users, so if you haven't already, simply download and install VandalProof from our main page. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or any other moderator, or you can post a message on the discussion page. Prodego talk 12:54, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll see if I can help you resolve the problem. What browser do you normally use the edit Wikipedia? Prodego talk 14:36, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
moved to Talk:BAA.
Hi, we don't use in articles of WC Series such style as y & b. Two top team are colored in green. You can discuss this on talkpage. SteveGOLD 15:24, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- I just used what was described in the article's key. Didn't read the Talk page - my bad. └ VodkaJazz / talk ┐ 20:57, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- Don't worry ;) It's OK. Have a nice day. SteveGOLD 21:06, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
Yesterday, a friend of mine and Għana singer dear to all my country, Frans Baldacchino ("il-Budaj"), died at the young age of 63. He is considered the greatest singer of this generation and will be missed in all festivities. I hope that an article will finally be set up in the near future on EN and MT. Salutations to his family. └ VodkaJazz / talk ┐ 10:42, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- I know, I heard. :( I enjoy his music quite a bit. I think a great tribute to your friend and bla dubju notable part of Maltese Għana would be to write such an article :) I have the album Inħobbok ja Ħanina. 「ѕʀʟ·✎」 21:47, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for your kind words. I have a lot of pages on my watch list, soi I may not always notice what is going on at Malta quickly. Fell free to drop me a note if problems arise and I'll try to take a look. I know very little about Malta, which may be an asset in trying to resolve disputes. Regards, Ground Zero | t 23:05, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
Proper guidelines for deletion
"'Colonization of Mars' -- need I say more? " (at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Norman Lowell). Actually, you do; the fact that you don't like someone or think that he is a crank is not a valid reason for deletion. I encourage you to reevaluate the discussion and contribute an opinion based on Wikipedia policy. Captainktainer * Talk 00:41, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- In what way is it rubbish? The colonization of Mars claim is no longer in the article, and is more properly in the Imperium Europa article, where it is now properly referenced. The article is decently sourced by Wikipedia standards. What Wikipedia policy does the article violate that would warrant deletion? (by the way, I suggest in the future responding on the talk page the discussion originates on- in this case, your talk page- to avoid fragmenting the discussion. Just a suggestion) Captainktainer * Talk 12:53, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
I saw that you did some editing on this article, so I wanted to let you know that I have requested a peer review of the article in order to improve it further, and I would like to encourage you to add your opinions. You can follow this link: Wikipedia:Peer review/The Maltese Falcon/archive1 ---Charles 04:03, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Well done, mate. It makes the whole script look much neater. Keep it up! Kilbosh 07:09, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
(Replies by Maltesedog)
Being part of the Wikiproject Saints myself, I am ready to help you as usual in such articles.
Regarding the motto, I am quite sure the motto is correct, in fact I wrote to the DOI who will give me an official reply regarding the status of the motto. If I remember well, I had heard Dr. Edward Fenech Adami say its importance as a motto.
Coat of Arm problem
Thank you for copyediting the coat of arm article. It is quite obvious that the wording was a per the 1964 Coat of Arms Act or whatever its called description, of which I hold a copy and therefore it was not a copy vio. Mere descriptions of items should not be considered as copy vio.
Maltesedog 08:19, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for joining in on the Maltese Blesseds effort. Indeed, from my experience with the Flags and symbols of Malta article, I had recognized the wording style. Unfortunately I do not have the 1964 documentation so I had to use an alternative, yet still valid, reasoning. └ VodkaJazz / talk ┐ 18:32, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
Maltese blessed redux
Maltese swadesh list
hey i started the Maltese swadesh list#List can you help me do it since your a native speaker? Cass-bot ( 11:09, September 9, 2006)
Per WP:AIV, the rule seems to be that a block can be issued if the user vandalises after a final warning and the vandalism is less than 24 hours old at the time of the block. That would apply here -- except that this seems to be a school account and giving a 24 or 48 hour block on a Saturday wouldn't accomplish much. Write me again if it happens on Monday and I will take action then. Thanks, NawlinWiki 13:08, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
How do you propose an article for deletion? I've been wanting to get rid of This for days now.
A while back you signed up for admin coaching, but were not interested in becoming an admin. That is fine, however to get a better idea about how and if the programme can help you (if you are still interested) could you say a bit more about what you want out of it- what would your aims from admin coaching be? Petros471 16:57, 2 October 2006 (UTC)