|This account has been confirmed by a Checkuser as a sock puppet of Wikigender (talk · contribs · logs) and has been blocked indefinitely.
Please refer to editing habits or contributions of the sock puppet for evidence. This policy subsection may also be helpful.
You can let any message on my user talk page. I'll give you an answer on your own user talk page if you don't mind. But I can't promise that it would be soon. Because I'm more often on my French pages.~(;o) --Wanda007 08:33, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
Spamming of http://spam.wikigender.org
- Your contributions to wikipedia under Wanda007 and related, consist mainly of adding external links and is considered WP:Spam. Looking through your contributions as a whole, the majority seem to be external link related only.
- wikigender links:
- Have no editorial oversight (see WP:RS) and articles are self-published
- Fails Wikipedia's core content policies:
- Additionaly see
- You're here to improve Wikipedia -- not just to funnel readers off Wikipedia and onto some other site, right?--Hu12 (talk) 05:46, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
Protest against your blocking decision
Dear Hu12, I did ask you on the 22nd of May "what does mean your message! Would you be so kind to explain me a little what you wanted to say?" and I'm quite amazed by your hard reply: you have blocked me indefinitely!!!! And you have only justified your decision by a few false sentences (I have underlined them). Even if you are right to consider my 5 contributions of the 11st of last March as SPAM, I protest against the hardness of your decision.
- "Your contributions to wikipedia under Wanda007 and related, consist mainly of adding external links and is considered WP:Spam. Looking through your contributions as a whole, the majority seem to be external link related only."
- wikigender links:
- The quotation "your contributions as a whole, the majority seem to be external link related only to wikigender" is FALSE. I am not a beginner. I am a French WP user and I did on the French WP more than 1,300 contributions on mainly sociological and scientific topics.
- I did specifically a lot of pages on French sociologists and on family and feminist issues. I intended to go on on the English WP by translating and summarizing some French pages. In order to do that, after my first 14 attempts in March and April 2007, I have begun in last April and May the page on Maryse Marpsat, a French statistician and sociologist. So the words "mainly of adding external links" are FALSE concerning the 5 insert of the 11th of March.
- What did I do? When I have discovered in last March, Wikigender, the new OECD site which was aimed at promoting a new WIKI way of sharing information on women, I was amazed by a so progressive device. So I did, on the 11th of last March, 5 insertions in order to publicize this initiative by adding five external links to the Wikigender OECD's initiative. In each case, I tried to explain what I did. So, obviously, it was not spam in my mind. I was only very clumsy for having inserted them in a so rough way.
- According you, I have done hard mistakes. But it was only a mistake of an ignorant and of a clumsy young woman who was not aware of English ways of expressing the rightness of their contributions..
I inform you that I am very shocked by the hardness of your decision and that I will inform Florence Devouard of this event. In conclusion, I ask you to revise your decision and to transform this punishment into a simple advertisement.
- I do not see that this acount is actually blocked. Its not on the block log.
- One can not being an account adding mostly external links, unless the links are actually spam, in which case the block is supposed to be for adding spam links after multiple warnings. Adding 5 links to a good site is not blatant adding of spam.
- The sockpuppet notice at the top is a little confusing. I see no checkuser evidence referred to.
- By the way, I do not consider OECD Development Centre speediable as G11, and I intend to restore it once I find a reference. DGG (talk) 17:32, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for your advice, DGG. For your information, I do precise that I am not allowed to write the web-link leading to the Wikigender site, an information sharing platform on gender equity which was officially launched by the OECD Develoment Centre on 7 March 2008 on the occasion of International Women's Day. But if you are sufficiently curious to get this web-link in my contribution page (at the date of 11 march 2008), and if you follow it, you would observe that it is difficult to say that this information is a kind of SPAM.
It's one of the reasons justifying my protest. Last, I would like to know whether I'm blocked or not. Only in writing this kind of site? or more? How to get the answer? Wanda007 (talk) 19:27, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- "blocked"; in WP talk means prevented from editing Wikipedia at all. You are not blocked in general, or you would not have been able to edit my user talk page. That web-link is apparently the part that is blocked, and nobody is permitted to add it. I have my doubts about whether that was appropriately done, & I propose to follow up on it. What you can do to help me is the following: find at least one published reference in a magazine or other good source that is not connected with OECD that refers to the OECD Development Center. When you do, I intend to rewrite the article, and I think it will stand. After that will be the time to deal with the website link. I've sent you an email using your frWP user page. DGG (talk) 18:56, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for your explanations. Via Google you can find a lot of references which are linked to the OECD Development Center. For example, if you take the Econpapers, which is hosted by the Swedish Business School at Örebro University, you can have a lot of links toward the products of OECD Development Center on the page. More acurately, The wikigender site is quoted on several papers I have found by Google like the French economic journal les échos. With OECD development centre, you can also find it via Google for instance in this page of the World Bank Doing Business Blog or in the page of 'History of Feminism Network'. Let me know whether these web-links are sufficient or not]. Best Wanda007 (talk) 19:20, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Your addition to the Homelessness article
Hello. Your addition of 2006. Medical reasons for using free healthcare centres and motives for using the services of consultants, by Marc Collet, Georges Menahem and Hervé Picard, biblio n° 1627, 167 p., IRDES, Paris to the English Wikipedia article on Homelessness is a little hazy. It's in French, except for its abstract. Perhaps it would be better placed in the French Wikipedia article on Homelessness. Best Wishes. --- Wikiklrsc (talk) 20:08, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hello and thanks for your kind note. I actually did read the original paper en Francais. :) But I changed the article reference to the English version of a similar paper. Best Wishes. A bientot. --- (Bob) Wikiklrsc (talk) 19:01, 13 August 2008 (UTC)