|This is Widr's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Widr.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56|
Problem with a persistent disruptive editor.
There is endless editing, undoing and re-editing by User talk:میرسلوک غدیری قزوینی, who seems to lack the objectivity necessary here, to say the least, along with his possible compatriot puppet account.
Looks like you may have the juice to drop an official hint, something I never sought. I'll stick to the facts. Thank you much, in advance.
- I realize you came here because I previously blocked this user for unrelated reasons. However, this seems more like a content dispute over subjects I am not familiar with, so unfortunately it's not something I can help you with. The best course of action for all of you would probably be engaging in a discussion on the article's talk page. Widr (talk) 21:36, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
I concur with Ssaco. I understand you're not familiar with the content, but would you be able to issue a warning or temporary block based on his behaviour? Especially considering his history of disruption. I am sure he has a sock account and he has reverted my edits 4 times and reverted Ssaco's edits too without engaging with my comments or providing sources. It is quite frustrating.
There are four reliable sources I cited in the article:
- Hong, Fan; Mangan, J. A. (18 November 2005), Sport in Asian Society: Past and Present. Routledge. p. 309.
- Laffaye, Horace A. (29 May 2009). The Evolution of Polo. p. 5-6.
- "The History of Polo". Polomuseum.com. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- "The origins and history of Polo". Historic-uk.com. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
You can check these in the previous version that was reverted by the user in question.
This particular user decides to remove cited information and provide no reliable citations of his own to rewrite the article in a way that suggests polo originated in Iran. One of the pre-existing sources was/still is a hotel booking website. I didn't think this was an appropriate source so I removed it.
I have engaged with him on the Talk page but he does not provide sources for what he says. It does not seem like he is willing to engage constructively - unfortunately I believe he is only on here to push a nationalistic agenda.
You're gonna need to block this IP user's talk page access, as he obviously has nothing better to do whenever he's blocked. Also, as he's been using numerous IP addresses, should we open an SPI or LTA? - Areaseven (talk) 15:06, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
- They are free remove all current messages from their own talk page as they wish. See WP:OWNTALK. Widr (talk) 15:14, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
- The actual problem is not removing messages, but altering the wording of some of the warnings, which is why he had his talk page access revoked in his previous IP addresses. - Areaseven (talk) 15:27, 12 December 2017 (UTC)