- 1 CATS in SPACE
- 2 Help Please
- 3 Creating a page
- 4 Hello speedy deletions
- 5 Discussion for removal notice of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMS_Messenger article
- 6 Disambiguation link notification for July 26
- 7 Speedy deletion for Stephanie Benson
- 8 Tennis players
- 9 Disambiguation link notification for August 12
- 10 Please re-review your deletion
- 11 Eddy Grey Continued
- 12 OncoDNA
- 13 My article is subjected for speedy deletion.
CATS in SPACE
- @Wassily K: Glad to help. I know nothing about the band, so I have nothing to add. I'm just WikiGnoming, helping out where I can. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 15:19, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi Dan, I'm trying to add a couple of images that I own but they've been deleted, I've raised a query but not sure how to get them back on. sorry to be naive. Mmmm --Wassily K (talk) 19:30, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Wassily K: The images you've tried to upload have been deleted as copyright violations. I did note that the two images you added to the article included a promo shot of the band and the band's logo. In general, neither of those would be appropriate, because neither would have been released under a license compatible with Wikipedia's licensing. You say that you own these images, but the images are clearly the property of the band, or of the photographer who took the publicity photo. If you are a member of the band:
Remember, of course, that if you do release these images to Wikipedia, they will be free for any member of the public to use in any manner they choose, as long as they acknowledge where they got the image. This means that another band could come along and use your logo as their own. Do you really want that? WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 19:36, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
Creating a page
I recently created the RealtySouth page and it was tagged for speedy deletion. I just added the help me edit thing. I am new to this so I'm not really sure how all of this works.. Long story short I am trying to create a wiki page for the company so that it will help it get a knowledge graphic on google when it is searched. Along with the social media, company website, it said that wiki was one of the final steps to getting one. So any help on how I can edit this page so it does not get deleted would be very helpful.
- @HalenB61: Yes, having a Wikipedia page does improve a company's Google search visibility, but Wikipedia does not exist to boost your SEO score. If you write an article that looks like an advertisement for the company, that article will be deleted. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 15:34, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
Hello speedy deletions
I saw your post and I wanted to thank you for the words you shared under the speedy tagging column 
This same Admin + one other marked two articles i was drafting that related to myself, the only reason they knew this was because my account name and i had just started collecting articles for references. It was extremely discouraging but me finding your post actually got me to consider ur tip on drafting it more thoroughly and not create place markers because the trigger happy admins. Do you have any tips to help a new user ? Im just trying to post information on my nonprofit and the grassroots movement i'm involved in.. lol thank you btw its nice to see people chill out the admins DjNassah (talk) 22:59, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- @DjNassah: To be clear, My Pants Metal is not an admin; he is a new user who was having some issues with the new pages patrol task. As for helping you with your article, I don't know what you've written because it has already been deleted. If you're having trouble creating articles because they keep getting deleted, take notice of the reason the articles are being deleted (are they self-promotional? are they about a subject that doesn't merit inclusion?) If those suggestions don't help, try creating the article as a draft (either in the draft space or in your own user sandbox). There you'll have time to develop the article at your leisure and then submit the article through the Articles for Creation process. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 23:18, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
Discussion for removal notice of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMS_Messenger article
Hi , IMS Messenger is newly published android app. We created this article so people know about new unique feature about this messenger. We will publish app for other platform also. We want to keep all the information in single page.
Here we mention about the messenger only we didnot mention the company name, we dont want to promote/advertise the company name. There have a website link if you want we can remove the same.
For any concern please let me know.
- @Arloai: Wikipedia should not be the platform upon which you inform users of the unique features of your software. By definition, that is promotion, and it is prohibited here at Wikipedia. However, that is not the reason I nominated your article for deletion. That was done because Wikipedia also requires that the subjects of Wikipedia articles meet criteria for inclusion, which generally requires that the subject has been the topic of significant third-party coverage. Since your software does not appear to meet these criteria, I have proposed that your article be deleted. You have seven days to provide sources that would demonstrate that the software does merit inclusion. If you can't provide such sources by the end of seven days, the article will be deleted. If you do not agree with this outcome, you can make your voice heard at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/IMS Messenger. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 22:06, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
@WikiDan61 I understand your concern. As of now it is not a topic of significant third-party coverage. You can proceed the deletion. Once it became a topic of significant third-party coverage we will come back. Arloai (talk) 22:41, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited AngelHack, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Hearst (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Speedy deletion for Stephanie Benson
Hi Dan, You tagged the article Stephanie Benson for deletion. This article is part of the project Wiki Loves Women in Ghana which has named Stephanie Benson as one of the articles to be written on Wikipedia. I am still working on gathering sources for this article though it seems there are not many credible sources. Please do not delete it Jemaackah (talk) 20:57, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
- @Jemaackah: I won't delete it; I can't, as I'm not an administrator. Also, another editor has removed the speedy deletion template, so the article is not in immediate danger of deletion. However, since, as you mention, you are having trouble finding credible sources, I would recommend that you create the article in the draft space and recruiting help from the project you mentioned. The fact that someone on that project nominated Benson as an article to be created does not guarantee that she meets the criteria for inclusion. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 21:54, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
Professionalism is the basic criterion for WP:ATHLETE; if you want to do differently with tennis players, you can take them to AFD, but if they indeed are a unique case from the WP:ATHLETE perspective, they need to get a deletion discussion, since db-bio is for obvious situations, not unique cases that aren't obviously different from folks who easily qualify for notability. Nyttend (talk) 12:04, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Richard Bernal, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page OJ (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Please re-review your deletion
Hello Dan, I have not written the entire article yet. Eddie Grey was also a serious artist before he was a composer for all these shows and was written about by important music publications. http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=80828 Also High Frequency Tracks is home to platinum and gold album composers and producers. I haven't yet connected their bios to the page. Please be patient. — Preceding unsigned comment added by I am jewsus (talk • contribs) 00:59, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
Eddy Grey Continued
Sorry to keep bothering you, but I do not thinking your assessment is fair. The show Eddie Grey has composed for has 3 Emmy nominations this year among the other things he has done. — Preceding unsigned comment added by I am jewsus (talk • contribs) 01:16, 14 August 2016 (UTC)
- @I am jewsus: Unless the Emmy nominations are for the show's music, they are irrelevant to Eddie Grey's notability. Since you have made your voice heard at [[Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Eddie Grey (Composer)}}, you have found the proper place to express your opinions. The ultimate decision about deletion will be made by an administrator based on their evaluation of the discussion that occurs, and the points that are made for and against deletion as they relate to Wikipedia policies. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 02:54, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
I am a new member of the wiki community. To be honnest, I am still in my discovering phase. Could you explain me what should I change to make the description less commercial as you highlighted.
Thank you for your help.
- @Franz101085: You would do well not to pepper your article with phrases like "translating science into medicine" and "a reference for precision medicine in oncology". These are not informative terms, but rather promotional language. You would also do well not to pepper your article with references that do not verify the material they reference, but are rather just more press releases and advertorials for the company. The entire article looks like an attempt to boost the company's visibility and prestige, rather than an effort to write a neutral and informative article about the company. Also, you'll need to provide evidence that the company has been the subject of significant coverage in independent media: articles written independently about the company, not based on the company's own press releases, in order to show that the company merits inclusion at Wikipedia. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 14:50, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
Ok thanks for your advice and time. I do get the point. Just for your information, the cited press released are not the one from the company, but rather serious belgian media, actually the mains one in belgian. Should we have to wait to get international press release to appear on wikipedia? So only big ones deserve it?! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Franz101085 (talk • contribs) 15:42, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Franz101085: Which citation in particular are you referring to when you mention "the main media in Belgium"? Do you mean this article in La Libre, or this article in La Nouvelle Gazette. Both article appear, on their face, to be significant coverage in independent media, but upon close reading, they both appear to be advertorials, articles published in the media with the participation of the subject and for the purpose of promoting the subject. (It has become an unfortunate reality of modern journalism that newspaper articles are often more advertising than journalism.) WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 15:48, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
La Libre Belgique, first french speaking newspaper https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_Belgium RTBFis one of the major group of media in belgium and EY is one of the big four audit firms, if this is not enough serious and independant... As i said before I do agree with some comments, and made the change. Please let me know what you would like more to be framed. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Franz101085 (talk • contribs) 16:13, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Franz101085: Part of the problem is that you've used a link the Ernst & Young's "Promising Entrepreneur" award (here) to cite the fact that OncoDNA focuses on "precision medicine in oncology", but the EY page mentions nothing about "precision medicine in oncology. That type of sloppy referencing often leads to the impression that the author is simply dropping references into their article to make it look more impressive. I'm willing to delete the speedy deletion tag for now, but please be careful that your references actually verify the facts that they are supposed to verify, and don't just serve to make the page look better. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 16:48, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Franz101085: Glad I could help. Remember, we're writing an encyclopedia here. Think of your typical encyclopedia article -- high on facts, low on opinions. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 17:32, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
My article is subjected for speedy deletion.
Wiki Page Name:CSI Church Kaliakkavilai Link to wiki page:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI_Church_Kaliakkavilai
This article is subjected for speedy deletion.I dont know why.I have given all the info to that page.Please help me with this article to cancel the deletion. Thank you.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Blesslinjv (talk • contribs)
- @Blesslinjv: Actually, it's not up for speedy deletion, it is the subject of a deletion discussion (here), which is a slower and more deliberate process. The reason it is being discussed is that the article gives no indication that this church is in any way notable and thereby meriting inclusion at Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not a list of everything; topics are only included if it can be demonstrated that they have been the subject of significant coverage in independent media. Your church does not appear to meet these criteria. However, you are free to voice your opinion: just go to the discussion page and make your voice heard there. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 11:13, 25 August 2016 (UTC)