|This is WikiRedactor's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to WikiRedactor.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
- 1 FKA twigs
- 2 K and K Take
- 3 Good Girl Gone Bad FAC
- 4 Peer review request
- 5 Today's Featured Article: Notification
- 6 WikiCup 2015 is just around the corner...
- 7 Nomination of Tik Tik Boom for deletion
- 8 Talk:Edge of Seventeen (song)#Requested move 10 December 2014
- 9 The Pinkprint
- 10 Wikipedia:Featured list candidates/List of awards and nominations received by Lorde/archive2
- 11 Happy New Year!
- 12 Happy New Year WikiRedactor!
- 13 WikiCup 2015 launch newsletter
- 14 Christina Aguilera GAN
- 15 Orphaned non-free image File:DemiLovatoHeartAttack.jpg
- 16 Orphaned non-free image File:SMSBangerzSnippet.ogg
- 17 WikiCup 2015 March newsletter
- 18 Precious again
- 19 Wikipedia:Peer review/Don't Stop the Music (Rihanna song)/archive1
- 20 WikiCup 2015 May newsletter
- 21 File:ShakiraEstoyAqui.png listed for deletion
- 22 Upcoming Lauren Conrad series listed at Redirects for discussion
- 23 Disputed non-free use rationale for File:AllGoodThingsTheHills.jpg
- 24 Orphaned non-free image File:TumblrHomepage.jpg
Please, do not remove neccessary information about her discography. Thannks!
K and K Take
Hi, I noticed that you deleted the individual "K and K" articles and merged them into a single article. I have restored the old pages because the old pages did contain information that was not on the new "K and K" page. I understand that all the series are similar, but I think looking at a similar situation is appropriate when deciding what is best. American Horror Story has a separate article for each of its iterations (e.g. Coven, Asylum, Freak Show) and then another article for the blanket of series (simply titled American Horror Story). I will keep the "K and K" page up because I think you're right that grouping them together creates a valuable article. I just think it is better as a supplement rather than a replacement. Also, the "K and K Take" name is not in any third-party sources to the best of my knowledge. I think naming the article that is a form of original research. Perhaps a better name would be "The Kardashians Take" or simply "Keeping up with the Kardashian spinoffs" -Vince220 (talk)
Good Girl Gone Bad FAC
Peer review request
Hello WikiRedactor! Long time no see! I have a requested a peer review for Romance (Luis Miguel album) since it's GA and I want to promote to FA. I was wondering if you could please take a look and review it for me if you're not busy with anything. Cheers! Erick (talk) 22:17, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking the time for doing a peer review for the article (even though I could have just waited a bit longer). I went ahead and opened FAC for the article. I'd appreciate if you can comment, that is if you're not too busy right now. Cheers! Erick (talk) 18:08, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
Today's Featured Article: Notification
This is to inform you that Fijación Oral, Vol. 1, which you nominated at WP:FAC, will appear on the Wikipedia Main Page as Today's Featured Article on 31 December 2014. The proposed main page blurb is here; you may amend if necessary. Please check for dead links and other possible faults before the appearance date. Brianboulton (talk) 23:56, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for today's music, precious again, - happy and peaceful 2015! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:45, 31 December 2014 (UTC)
WikiCup 2015 is just around the corner...
Hello everyone, and may we wish you all a happy holiday season. As you will probably already know, the 2015 WikiCup begins in the new year; there is still time to sign up. We have a few important announcements concerning the future of the WikiCup.
- We would like to announce that Josh (J Milburn) and Ed (The ed17), who have been WikiCup judges since 2009 and 2010 respectively, are stepping down. This decision has been made for a number of reasons, but the main one is time. Both Josh and Ed have found that, over the previous year, they have been unable to devote the time necessary to the WikiCup, and it is not likely that they will be able to do this in the near future. Furthermore, new people at the helm can only help to invigorate the WikiCup and keep it dynamic. Josh and Ed will still be around, and will likely be participating in the Cup this following year as competitors, which is where both started out.
- In a similar vein, we hope you will all join us in welcoming Jason (Sturmvogel 66) and Christine (Figureskatingfan), who are joining Brian (Miyagawa) to form the 2015 WikiCup judging team. Jason is a WikiCup veteran, having won in 2010 and finishing in fifth this year. Christine has participated in two WikiCups, reaching the semi-finals in both, and is responsible for the GA Cup, which she now co-runs.
- The discussions/polls concerning the next competition's rules will be closed soon, and rules changes will be made clear on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Scoring and talk pages. While it may be impossible to please everyone, the judges will make every effort to ensure that the new rules are both fair and in the best interests of the competition, which is, first and foremost, about improving Wikipedia.
If you have any questions or concerns, the judges can be reached on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, on their talk pages, or by email. We hope you will all join us in trying to make the 2015 WikiCup the most productive and enjoyable yet. You are receiving this message because you are listed on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk), The ed17 (talk), Miyagawa (talk), Sturmvogel 66 (talk) and Figureskatingfan (talk) 18:53, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
Nomination of Tik Tik Boom for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Tik Tik Boom until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. –Chase (talk / contribs) 19:40, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year WikiRedactor!
Round one of the 2015 WikiCup has begun! So far we've had around 80 signups, which close on February 5. If you have not already signed up and want to do so, then you can add your name here. There have been changes to to several of the points scores for various categories, and the addition of Peer Reviews for the first time. These will work in the same manner as Good Article Reviews, and all of the changes are summarised here.
Remember that only the top 64 scoring competitors will make it through to the second round, and one of the new changes this year is that all scores must be claimed within two weeks of an article's promotion or appearance, so don't forget to add them to your submissions pages! If you are concerned that your nomination will not receive the necessary reviews, and you hope to get it promoted before the end of the round, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. However, please remember to continue to offer reviews at GAN, FAC and all the other pages that require them to prevent any backlogs which could otherwise be caused by the Cup. As ever, questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup and the judges are reachable on their talk pages. Good luck! Figureskatingfan (talk · contribs), Miyagawa (talk · contribs) and Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs)
If you wish to opt-out of future mailings, please remove yourself from the mailing list or alternatively to opt-out of all massmessage mailings, you may add Category:Opted-out of message delivery to your user talk page. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:51, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
Christina Aguilera GAN
- Hello, it's been a bit. Just letting you know that while I unfortunately failed its GAN on January 31st, this article has drastically improved in recent months largely thanks to you. See Talk:Christina Aguilera/GA3 for my concerns, with the main issue being verifiability. Snuggums (talk / edits) 08:15, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:DemiLovatoHeartAttack.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:DemiLovatoHeartAttack.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Orphaned non-free image File:SMSBangerzSnippet.ogg
Thanks for uploading File:SMSBangerzSnippet.ogg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
That's it, the first round is done, sign-ups are closed and we're into round 2. 64 competitors made it into this round, and are now broken into eight groups of eight. The top two of each group will go through to round 3, and then the top scoring 16 "wildcards" across all groups. Round 1 saw some interesting work on some very important articles, with the round leader Freikorp (submissions) owing most of his 622 points scored to a Featured Article on the 2001 film Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within which qualified for a times-two multiplier. This is a higher score than in previous years, as Godot13 (submissions) had 500 points in 2014 at the end of round 1, and our very own judge, Sturmvogel_66 (submissions) led round 1 with 601 points in 2013.
In addition to Freikorp's work, some other important articles and pictures were improved during round one, here's a snapshot of a few of them:
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions) took Bumblebee, a level-4 vital article, to Good Article;
- AHeneen (submissions) worked-up the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 article, also to Good Article status;
- Rodw (submissions) developed an extremely timely article to Good Article, taking Magna Carta there some 800 years after it was first sealed;
- And last but not least, Godot13 (submissions) worked up a number of Featured Pictures during round 1, including the 1948 one Deutsche Mark (pictured right), receiving the maximum bonus due to the number of Wikis that the related article appears in.
You may also wish to know that The Core Contest is running through the month of March. Head there for further details - they even have actual prizes!
If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is at good article candidates, a featured process, or anywhere else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Figureskatingfan (talk · contribs · email), Miyagawa (talk · contribs · email) and Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs · email)
The second round one has all wrapped up, and round three has now begun! Congratulations to the 34 contestants who have made it through, but well done and thank you to all contestants who took part in our second round. Leading the way overall was Cas Liber (submissions) in Group B with a total of 777 points for a variety of contributions including Good Articles on Corona Borealis and Microscopium - both of which received the maximum bonus.
Special credit must be given to a number of high importance articles improved during the second round.
- Coemgenus (submissions) was one of several users who worked on improving Ulysses S. Grant. Remember, you do not need to work on an article on your own - as long as each person has completed significant work on the article during 2015, multiple competitors can claim the same article.
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions) took Dragonfly to Good Article for a 3x bonus - and if that wasn't enough, they also took Damselfly there as well for a 2x bonus.
- LeftAire (submissions) worked up Alexander Hamilton to Good Article for the maximum bonus. Hamilton was one of the founding fathers of the United States and is a level 4 vital article.
The points varied across groups, with the lowest score required to gain automatic qualification was 68 in Group A - meanwhile the second place score in Group H was 404, which would have been high enough to win all but one of the other Groups! As well as the top two of each group automatically going through to the third round, a minimum score of 55 was required for a wildcard competitor to go through. We had a three-way tie at 55 points and all three have qualified for the next round, in the spirit of fairness. The third round ends on June 28, with the top two in each group progressing automatically while the remaining 16 highest scorers across all four groups go through as wildcards. Good luck to all competitors for the third round! Figureskatingfan (talk · contribs · email), Miyagawa (talk · contribs · email) and Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs · email) 16:51, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
File:ShakiraEstoyAqui.png listed for deletion
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:ShakiraEstoyAqui.png, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why it has been listed (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry). Feel free to add your opinion on the matter below the nomination. Thank you. Stefan2 (talk) 23:54, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
Upcoming Lauren Conrad series listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Upcoming Lauren Conrad series. Since you had some involvement with the Upcoming Lauren Conrad series redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. 20:12, 30 May 2015 (UTC)
Disputed non-free use rationale for File:AllGoodThingsTheHills.jpg
Thank you for uploading File:AllGoodThingsTheHills.jpg. However, there is a concern that the rationale provided for using this file on Wikipedia may not meet the criteria required by Wikipedia:Non-free content. This can be corrected by going to the file description page and adding or clarifying the reason why the file qualifies under this policy. Adding and completing one of the templates available from Wikipedia:Non-free use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your file is in compliance with Wikipedia policy. Please be aware that a non-free use rationale is not the same as an image copyright tag; descriptions for files used under the non-free content policy require both a copyright tag and a non-free use rationale.
If it is determined that the file does not qualify under the non-free content policy, it might be deleted by an administrator within a few days in accordance with our criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions, please ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thank you. Josh Milburn (talk) 21:32, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- I've also nominated File:ItsOnBitchTheHills.jpg and File:NewCityNewDramaTheHills.jpg for the same reason- sorry! Basically, screenshots are rarely justified on episode articles- there is no assumption in their favour, in the way that there is an assumption in favour of (say) posters/DVD covers on film articles. Instead, screenshots can only be used when they illustrate something that cannot be understood without being seen, and needs to be understood. This is very different from being, for example, screenshots of very important scenes. The fact a scene is important does not necessarily mean that we need a non-free image of it. Josh Milburn (talk) 21:36, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:TumblrHomepage.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:TumblrHomepage.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).