- 1 Your website on Stanford.edu?
- 2 Election
- 3 Using technology to increase usability
- 4 My username on the chinese wikipedia
- 5 User name
- 6 Thank-you
- 7 Wikivoices Invite
- 8 Help
- 9 Congratulations on your Board win
- 10 Wikimedia CAT
- 11 Please Help torsion field article is a personal atack
- 12 Congratulations and Invitation
- 13 Image filter question
- 14 Filter support
- 15 Translation request from the UK National Archives
- 16 A kitten for you!
- 17 Invitation
- 18 Thanks for inspiring me to say Hi & greetings form Merry Christmas
- 19 请Wing阁下主持公道，制止中文维基百科的“乌拉跨氪”管理员滥权，封杀不同意见用户的行为
- 20 Notability
- 21 Disambiguation link notification for May 11
Your website on Stanford.edu?
A year ago I ran across your webpage describing demosaicing algorithms for raw Bayer output on your webpage at Stanford. I was building a web-based implementation of Bayer demosaicing and mostly based the algorithms on the description on your page. I wanted to reference your Stanford page but it now seems to have disappeared. Have you moved it anywhere?
I did find a pdf copy of your original paper, but I remember you had a webpage for it with better images.
If you are interested in the site, it is:
- Exceptional! Congratulations on being elected. Regards, Rudget ( ) 18:50, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
|Here are some cookies to congratulate you Anonymous101 (talk) 19:33, 26 June 2008 (UTC)|
- Thank you to you all for the congratulations and good wishes. I will do my best not to disappoint your trust.--Wing (talk) 05:04, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- Just chiming in to offer my congratulations as well. I'm sure that you'll do very well on the Board! Lankiveil (speak to me) 11:21, 27 June 2008 (UTC).
- Congratulations from me! :) Acalamari 15:43, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hi, just adding that I think you've done a really great job on the board. It's great see the international following Wikipedia has184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:39, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
Using technology to increase usability
I noticed on the questions that you said this was a priority. There are some ideas which have been discussed, but don't seem to be gaining much traction. I'll copy a section from my userpage:
- Bugzilla:12796 -- allow us to create a "base" footnote, so that we can use named footnotes in-text. Reduces distracting clutter in the prose significantly. Discussion permalink.
- Bugzilla:7988 -- create a list of primary contributors to a page (preferably by size as well as edits)
- History options -- these are extremely necessary; see our discussion over at Persistent proposals (permalink).
The first one is extremely simple, yet could have enormous effects. All the reference text could be left at the bottom, out of the content text. People could use CTRL-F to jump around to the references.
The next is more complicated, but extremely powerful for increasing transparency and regulating changes. History options need to be updated -- there's a wishlist in that link. I'm particularly interested in sorting edits by contributor and size. If we could sort edits by size, it would make it much easier to discover major changes -- both good and bad. We should also be able to sort User contributions similarly -- see all the articles edited, then pick a particular article and see all the edits, and sort those edits by size. These technology upgrades would increase transparency. In the future, rather than simple edit counts, we might consider total kilobytes edited (both cut and added) as a proxy for how much people contribute (though there is one obvious trouble with that -- when you cut a lot and add in the same edit, it sums to a lower number). Currently PARC researchers over at Wikidashboard has been working on increasing transparency. They may be willing to help us implement these greater changes. Certainly it is possible; the data on kilobytes is there. II | (t - c) 13:00, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm afraid I'm not much of a programmer, although I'm hoping to learn some. Working on Python at the moment, but perhaps I should be working on PHP. As far as those new programs -- the first of those was already basically programmed by User:Wtmitchell. He said that it basically just needed to be reviewed and plugged in. It would be nice if the developers' communicated to us what they were working, so we could give them feedback on whether it would help us or not. II | (t - c) 01:22, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- Have you noticed RFCs showing up on your watchlist? I have most of the RFCs watchlisted, but none of them seem to show up on my watchlist. I've opened a discussion on this ([]), but I'm worried it is going to get archived before anyone really notices. Am I the only one experiencing this? RFCs are a key part of the Wikipedia process, and they I don't think they'll work as well if they aren't showing up on watchlists. II 09:05, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
My username on the chinese wikipedia
On behalf of Wikivoices, a community podcast based on the English Wikipedia, I would like to invite you (and all the other Board of Trustees candidates) to a round table interview on Skype to be held at 10:00:00 p.m. Friday July 24, 2009 in UTC. The format of this interview will be question-answer style whereby interested members of the community will pose questions to one or all of the candidates involved. If you would like any further information about the process or Skype, please contact Durova or myself on the English Wikipedia. Please be advised that spaces are limited and the sign up page can be found here. We look forward to your attendence at this event. Cheers «l| Promethean ™|l» (talk) 05:51, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
Hi, ive already written this in stu's discussion, however, i feel u are more active. Plz, I need help here:
)== HI == Im really really sorry for bother you here, i know u must got a more important business, however i repeatly have been object of abuse of authority in es.wikipedia. They ban me now, saying that im a problematic user, a user i have never talk to. The last ban is because, i created a new article: http://es.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Latinoam%C3%A9rica_en_la_crisis_actual&action=edit&redlink=1 . An user named Amadis, http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usuario:Amad%C3%ADs , deleted saying that i copyvio and totally copy a page from a forum: http://razonyfuerza.mforos.com/549918/8559668-crisis-de-la-economia-mundial/ . However this is the story: I have been collaborating to an article "crisis economica del 2008 - 2009" however, i felt that current latinoamerica's situation didnt fit well in the article. So i passed all the referenced information I PUT ON THAT PAGE and create a new one: Latinoamerica en la crisis actual. I have to say that my article was created in march 2009, that the crisis started in 2008, but they say i copyvio an article created in 2005! That's not true, those forums copied my articles! And i told him, like I explain here: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usuario_Discusi%C3%B3n:Amad%C3%ADs#Disculpa.3F.3F.3F . Not only he didnt answer me, but it made that his friends ban me. I put an anouncement because i thought it must be an error, however they have ban me for being a problematic user. They will tell you a lot of things, because they didnt like me, but i have all the proof, and this is not the first time it happens, I went to en.wikipedia to look for help. This are all the answer for everthng i thought, and the apologies for the mistakes i made mostly because they never answer when i look for help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Griffinofwales/Archive_1#Momoelf This are Griffinowales opinions: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usuario_Discusi%C3%B3n:Griffinofwales.
This stress my a lot. Firstly i really contributes and i can proof it: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Contribuciones/Momoelf This is my page: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usuario_Discusi%C3%B3n:Momoelf#.C2.BFOtra_vez_plagiando.3F All the attacks i have proved it to be false, and the faults of ettiquette i have apologized and recognize i was stupid. Plz, for justice Jhonatan--Momoelf 02:01, 24 July 2009 (UTC) "
Congratulations on your Board win
in order to unblock the situation of Wikimedia CAT chapter, we have clarified and simplified the proposal at m:Wikimedia CAT.
We would highly appreciate that you could take a look at it and kindly give us your opinion at Survey. If you consider so, you can also express your support.
Please Help torsion field article is a personal atack
copyright violation, atack people and businesses ..please help, the creator of the page uses harassment tactics and atack scientists for already 4 years now.. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:35, 26 February 2011 (UTC)
Congratulations and Invitation
Congratulations on your reappointment as Chair of the Wikimedia Board! I am 阿pp(enwiki and zhwiki) and I am currently an employee of NetEase Inc.. I would like to invite you to create an account on our micro-blogging website 网易微博 to communicate with Chinese netizens. If you are interested in this matter DO please reply me via my talkpage on either zhwiki or enwiki.
Image filter question
Someone uses the filter to hide images featuring X. That matches their personal preferences and what they regard as their local cultural norm. Now they visit a different Wikipedia than they usually use, developed by people from a culture where X is cherished: pretty much nobody there would hide images with X. The page they visit has several images featuring X. Should the images be hidden to this visitor without making it very clear to the visitor that this does not correspond to the norms accepted in the culture that created and maintains this Wikipedia? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:35, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
- This is a question about implementation. And these implementation details are what the referendum was for: to clarify these details. As the result of the referendum is still in analysis and the implementation would be a work of the staff, I cannot answer your question now, because I simply don't know the answer.--Wing (talk) 06:21, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
Dear Wing, did I understand correctly that despite major opposition to the image filter on de.wikipedia you support the implementation for all Wiki projects regardless of majorities opposing the implementation in some of them? Rgds. --Gereon K. (talk) 15:16, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- No, this understanding is not correct. I suppose you ask because of an answer I made on foundation-l. In that case the original question was not about my personal preference. What fell short in my answer (I was still on meeting that day) was what Arne and Sue pointed out later, that the board would pursue a solution which can get support from all projects, and that solution is probably quite different from the original prototype design.--Wing (talk) 15:29, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
Translation request from the UK National Archives
the UK National Archives requested a translation of a Chinese text on two images. Would be great if you could add a translation and the original chinese caption for this and that image. Thanks in advance. Regards, Peter Weis (talk) 19:43, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
17:35, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
As there is a Wikipedia article about you, you are cordially invited to contribute a short audio recoding of your spoken voice, so that our readers may know what you sound like and how you pronounce your name. Details of how to do so, and examples, are at Wikipedia:Voice intro project. You can ask for help or clarification on the project talk page, or my talk page. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 22:06, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- thank you very much for the request. I found the following voice file on commons: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wing_Board_08.ogg --Wing (talk) 09:22, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you. I have added that to the article about you. However it would still be good to have the requested recording, as it would be much shorter, and we'd hear you say your name. You could also provide one in German, and in any other language you speak. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 14:54, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for inspiring me to say Hi & greetings form Merry Christmas
|Angelia2041 talkback is wishing you Season's Greetings and thanking you for supplying this message!!! This message celebrates (Im told!) the holiday season, promotes WikiLove, and hopefully makes your day a little better. Spread the seasonal good cheer by wishing another user a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone with whom you had disagreements in the past, a good friend, some Perfect Strangers or just some random person. Share the good feelings & Cheer up and we are grateful for everything here and now. - @Angelia2041
Inspired by MichaelQSchmidt - Yes. We can share alike. Thank you.
Angelia2041 (talk) 10:10, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
Dear Mr. Chen,
Concerning the article zh:晨光文具 about the pen manufacturer, currently there are two Mainland Chinese reliable sources: the QQ News article and the 163.com news article. I am aware that M&G is one of the major manufacturers of pens in China (the other is Baoke and I am not aware of any others). There is a need to get more info about mainland China on the Chinese Wikipedia and I would like to know what I need to do to secure the article's place on there and have the notability tag removed. I did a Google site search and see a few articles about this company on 163.com's "money" division: https://www.google.com.hk/#newwindow=1&q=%22%E6%99%A8%E5%85%89%E6%96%87%E5%85%B7%22+site:http:%2F%2Fmoney.163.com&safe=strict - Would these be sufficient?
Also, do you believe the existence of M&G's Singaporean operations is evidence that the company is likely to have sufficient reliable sources?
You may be interested in this discussion: Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_China#How_to_find_news_articles_on_these_companies.3F
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Alabama map turtle, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Georgia (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.