- 1 Reference Errors on 3 February
- 2 Discretionary sanctions notification - BLP
- 3 Welcome
- 4 Regarding your comments at Talk:Quadraphenia
- 5 Sino-Japanese War
- 6 Robert Kagan
- 7 Disambiguation redirects are required per WP:INTDABLINK.
- 8 I asked for some assistance on my page and no one has responded.
- 9 Thanks for your help
- 10 Cox Peninsula page
- 11 Potential admin
- 12 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 13 Interest in Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon?
Reference Errors on 3 February
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
Discretionary sanctions notification - BLP
|Please carefully read this information:
The Arbitration Committee has authorised discretionary sanctions to be used for pages regarding living or recently deceased people, and edits relating to the subject (living or recently deceased) of such biographical articles, a topic which you have edited. The Committee's decision is here.
Discretionary sanctions is a system of conduct regulation designed to minimize disruption to controversial topics. This means uninvolved administrators can impose sanctions for edits relating to the topic that do not adhere to the purpose of Wikipedia, our standards of behavior, or relevant policies. Administrators may impose sanctions such as editing restrictions, bans, or blocks. This message is to notify you sanctions are authorised for the topic you are editing. Before continuing to edit this topic, please familiarise yourself with the discretionary sanctions system. Don't hesitate to contact me or another editor if you have any questions.This message is informational only and does not imply misconduct regarding your contributions to date.
Regarding your comments at Talk:Quadraphenia
Hi, just as an FYI, if you believe it is useful, you are welcome to re-create Quadraphenia. For the sake of preventing gaming the system by banned users who defy their ban, we delete anything created by a banned user, but that is not a prohibition on someone else creating something similar if indeed it would be useful. --B (talk) 01:27, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- Unfortunately you inadvertently caused a grammar error. You changed the sentence "China rejected the new government as illegitimate, and war loomed." to "China rejected the new government as legitimate, and war loomed." Since there would be no reason for war if China thought the new government was legitimate, the second sentence makes no sense, so I switched it back. Let me know if you have further concerns. — Contrib) (User:Wtwilson3) — 18:13, 11 March 2015 (UTC) (Talk) (
I am leaving you a short message, since I have done some search on Victoria Nuland, and have added some updated info for same. Thanx. [removed, BLP and minor privacy] Also, her remarks were considered vulgar to many people. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:05, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- I removed BLP/minor-privacy information. LLAP, Dear ODear ODear Trigger warnings 21:49, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Disambiguation redirects are required per WP:INTDABLINK.
Please do not blank or delete "Foo (disambiguation)" redirects to "Foo" disambiguation pages. These are required by WP:INTDABLINK for the orderly operation of the project. Cheers! bd2412 T 14:34, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- That's what I love about Wikipedia. You learn something new every day. Thanks, BD2412! — Contrib) (User:Wtwilson3) — 15:47, 17 March 2015 (UTC) (Talk) (
I asked for some assistance on my page and no one has responded.
We were told our page didn't have the right resources and I submitted some new ones and no one has responded. Thank you. Here are are the few examples that I could find. Would they suffice?
- I'm going to look at this tomorrow. Something will get done. Cheers! bd2412 T 21:10, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
- Since BD2412 is going to look into this, and since I've recently lost much of my access to WP due to a new work filter, I'll bow to his expertise. Also, I visited User:BD2412 to determine which gender pronoun to use, and I learned about Centijimbos so it's a bonus day!! — Contrib) (User:Wtwilson3) — 21:30, 19 March 2015 (UTC) (Talk) (
Thanks for your help
- You're quite welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. — Contrib) (User:Wtwilson3) — 15:05, 6 April 2015 (UTC) (Talk) (
Cox Peninsula page
Hi, I notice you're on Wikipedia:List of administrator hopefuls. Wikipedia would benefit from more admins. If you have been editing for more than 12 months (preferably 24+ months), and have been editing fairly consistently for the past 6 months (preferably 12+ months) with at least 100 edits a month (this tool will help) - or an explanation for any gaps, and haven't been blocked in the past three years - or a good explanation for a recent block, don't have a recent history of edit warring or arguing with other editors, feel you can explain why you wish to be an admin, can demonstrate some understanding of Wikipedia's procedures and processes, or know where to go for guidance, and are confident enough to go through a RfA, please get in touch with me. We can talk about it some more, and if all looks OK, I'll nominate you. SilkTork ✔Tea time 09:34, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- While I would still like to be an admin one day, my time available for editing was severely cut a few months back, so I won't be applying right now. But maybe in the future. — Contrib) (User:Wtwilson3) — 12:11, 31 August 2015 (UTC) (Talk) (
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:41, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Interest in Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon?
Hello, I've noticed that you are/have been in the greater St. Louis area and wondered if you had interest in participating in the upcoming Art+Feminism 2016 edit-a-thon at Washington University? We would certainly benefit from your experience! You can contact me directly by email anna.robinson(at)wustl.edu Thanks! Wustl ajr (talk) 21:55, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
- Greetings Wustl ajr! I would be happy to come to your event. I've noted my calendar, and will try my best to attend. Please feel free to contact me using the email feature here (note icon in upper right corner of this page) if you want to discuss any logistics or planning. Sounds like fun. — Contrib) (User:Wtwilson3) — 23:06, 7 January 2016 (UTC) (Talk) (