- 1 Articles for Creation:Dayton Performing Arts Alliance
- 2 The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q1 2013
- 3 Orphaned non-free image File:FATE 2e pdf cover page.jpg
- 4 Feku Page Deletion
- 5 unprotect Esco
- 6 Request for comment
- 7 A barnstar for you!
- 8 Requesting some feedback/assistance
- 9 Lankinen
- 10 Orphaned non-free image File:Exult-titlescreen.png
- 11 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 12 Help With Notability
- 13 Extended confirmed protection
- 14 Extended confirmed protection
- 15 Speedy deletion nomination of Wikipedia:Revolution
- 16 Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
- 17 A new user right for New Page Patrollers
- 18 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 19 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 20 Ways to improve Esco
- 21 Ways to improve Esco
- 22 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 23 Disambiguation link notification for March 21
Articles for Creation:Dayton Performing Arts Alliance
Hi! I submitted the AFC article [Performing Arts Alliance], and have been attempting to improve it for acceptance. Editors have raised objections to the topic notability and the article's style. I feel that the current citations are pretty solid for establishing notability. Do you have any concrete suggestions for improving this article? Katherine M. Harris (talk) 18:06, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- I agreed with Katherine M. Harris's assessment of the organization's notability and have accepted the draft. You can find it at Dayton Performing Arts Alliance. Huon (talk) 21:12, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for being a bit late. =) It looks like the article refers to reputable third-party sources that discuss the subject in non-trivial capacity, so I agree that the notability is definitely established. --wwwwolf (barks/growls) 15:24, 22 February 2013 (UTC)
The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q1 2013
Orphaned non-free image File:FATE 2e pdf cover page.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:FATE 2e pdf cover page.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Feku Page Deletion
I had made the Feku page which redirected to Narendra Modi. The fact is that "Feku" is the Hindi translation of "liar". Modi, a Prime Ministerial candidate in India has been lying and trying to fool the people into believing that he is a messiah, which is why he has been christened "Feku" I request you to check Google for the authenticity of my claims. Thanks Arjun — Preceding unsigned comment added by Arjunmittal (talk • contribs) 16:43, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
- I see no harm in that. Unprotected and created. --wwwwolf (barks/growls) 09:51, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:47, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thank you for explaining notability in the Reddit thread (off Wikipedia) about The Sarkeesian Effect! Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 14:12, 24 October 2014 (UTC)|
- Thank you. Though I still won't be touching the debate in question, as I stated - both because someone might question my impartiality on the matter, and because I personally still have reservations about Wikipedia deletion process. For the record, I'm personally not actually opposed to having articles about unreleased films. It's just that in this case, there's no mainstream media coverage which would qualify as reliable secondary sources at this time. But as I said, if those issues are rectified while the AFD is still running, maybe they still have a chance. It's just unfortunate that the time window is very strict and many editors tend to go faffing about instead of getting the right things done. --wwwwolf (barks/growls) 00:38, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
Requesting some feedback/assistance
Hey Wwwwolf, I came across your name on the list of people to contact for assistance/feedback. I normally figure out small issues myself, but I don't really know where/how to being on this one... Perkele! :D
I frequently update the current Australian football season's page with scores and crap and I was just wondering about your thoughts on the map on the right hand side of the article showing the locations of the teams around Australia and New Zealand. Prior to Western Sydney Wanderer's (WSW) inclusion into the A-League (which was only a few seasons ago, so it won't effect too many maps), the maps from earlier seasons looked relatively tidy, however now with WSW, they've kinda made it look a lot more messier.
I'm writing this to ask where about I should ask for assistance on creating an altered template, in order to show a magnified version of Australia's eastern coast (around the areas of Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne) in the top right corner of the map/template/image thing (above New Zealand).
FYI -M.Altenmann >t 04:28, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Exult-titlescreen.png
Thanks for uploading File:Exult-titlescreen.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:52, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Help With Notability
I, along with a few other users, finished writing an article a few weeks ago on Plum Grove Junior High School. Upon completion of the article, we were sent a message by a Wikipedian who thinks that our draft will likely not meet the notability standards because it is a junior high. We have been trying to improve our article to better fulfill notability requirements, but lack the expertise to determine what is needed to make our article notable. I know that you have helped people with this sort of thing in the past, so if you have time, we would appreciate if you would look over our article and let us know what we should do to prevent deletion.
The link to the draft is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Plum_Grove_Junior_High_School
Please send me a message on my talk page if this is at all possible.
- Thank you for your prompt response and help! We are working on fixing the sources. Nayakm (talk) 12:12, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
Extended confirmed protection
Speedy deletion nomination of Wikipedia:Revolution
A tag has been placed on Wikipedia:Revolution requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done for the following reason:
Under the criteria for speedy deletion, pages that meet certain criteria may be deleted at any time.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the deleting administrator, or if you have already done so, you can place a request here. Fixuture (talk) 16:58, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
Please note that TOTP based two-factor authentication is now available for all administrators. In light of the recent compromised accounts, you are encouraged to add this additional layer of security to your account. It may be enabled on your preferences page in the "User profile" tab under the "Basic information" section. For basic instructions on how to enable two-factor authentication, please see the developing help page for additional information. Important: Be sure to record the two-factor authentication key and the single use keys. If you lose your two factor authentication and do not have the keys, it's possible that your account will not be recoverable. Furthermore, you are encouraged to utilize a unique password and two-factor authentication for the email account associated with your Wikimedia account. This measure will assist in safeguarding your account from malicious password resets. Comments, questions, and concerns may be directed to the thread on the administrators' noticeboard. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:33, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
A new user right for New Page Patrollers
A new user group, New Page Reviewer, has been created in a move to greatly improve the standard of new page patrolling. The user right can be granted by any admin at PERM. It is highly recommended that admins look beyond the simple numerical threshold and satisfy themselves that the candidates have the required skills of communication and an advanced knowledge of notability and deletion. Admins are automatically included in this user right.
It is anticipated that this user right will significantly reduce the work load of admins who patrol the performance of the patrollers. However,due to the complexity of the rollout, some rights may have been accorded that may later need to be withdrawn, so some help will still be needed to some extent when discovering wrongly applied deletion tags or inappropriate pages that escape the attention of less experienced reviewers, and above all, hasty and bitey tagging for maintenance. User warnings are available here but very often a friendly custom message works best.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Ways to improve Esco
Ways to improve Esco
Hi, I'm Xcia0069. Wwwwolf, thanks for creating Esco!
I've just tagged the page, using our page curation tools, as having some issues to fix. This page could do with some more citiations so that it looks more than a Wikipedia article and less like a simple commerical descriptions
The tags can be removed by you or another editor once the issues they mention are addressed. If you have questions, you can leave a comment on my talk page. Or, for more editing help, talk to the volunteers at the Teahouse.
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:38, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Image organizer, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page XMP (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.