Hello, Ydam, and welcome to Wikipedia. Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Try our tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the test area.
- Keep the Five Pillars of Wikipedia in mind, and remember to write from a neutral point of view.
- Sign your posts on talk pages using the '~' symbol. To insert just your name, type ~~~, or, to insert your name and timestamp, use ~~~~.
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Kirill Lokshin 00:56, August 18, 2005 (UTC)
- 1 Listcruft/songcruft
- 2 Heytesbury street
- 3 Apologies
- 4 Page Blanking
- 5 Harris Academy
- 6 Timbaktu
- 7 A short Esperanzial update
- 8 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 9 Re: Your note
- 10 2006 FIFA World Cup controversies
- 11 August Esperanza Newsletter
- 12 Olivia Chow kaj Penny Priddy
- 13 September Esperanza Newsletter
- 14 Official Parliament Photos
- 15 Official Parliament photos back?
- 16 Unofficial Photos of NDP MPs for deletion
- 17 Re:copyedit request
- 18 Amanda Dowler
- 19 November Esperanza Newsletter
- 20 Featured article barnstar
- 21 Discussion request
- 22 Barnstar
- 23 Doddington Hall
- 24 Proposal for a project about Cheshire
- 25 Montreal screwjob FAC
- 26 Canals of GB infobox
- 27 Dundee and £
- 28 Dundee FA status
Hi, I noticed your input on Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of songs with the word "song" in their title or lyrics and ask you to visit a new discussion I have started, User:DGX/listcruft, about similar articles. Thank you! DGX 22:09, 18 May 2006 (UTC)
I'll presume it was a mistake, but blanking out AfD is unacceptable. A link to the edit I have reverted can be found here: link. If you believe this edit should not have been reverted, please contact me. Yanksox 15:57, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
I just noticed your revert and thanks for changing it. Sometimes Wiki can be wacky. :P Yanksox 16:00, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
If your hear to give me a warning about blanking half a page I apologise but it's not my fault. I appear to be suffering from Mediawiki Bug 5643 and would appreciate your patience with it. Ydam 11:27, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
A short Esperanzial update
As you may have gathered, discussions have been raging for about a week on the Esperanza talk page as to the future direction of Esperanza. Some of these are still ongoing and warrant more input (such as the idea to scrap the members list altogether). However, some decisions have been made and the charter has hence been amended. See what happened. Basically, the whole leadership has had a reshuffle, so please review the new, improved charter.
As a result, we are electing 4 people this month. They will replace JoanneB and Pschemp and form a new tranche A, serving until December. Elections will begin on 2006-07-02 and last until 2006-07-09. If you wish to run for a Council position, add your name to the list before 2006-07-02. For more details, see Wikipedia:Esperanza/June 2006 elections.
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better -- thanks for helping.
Re: Your note
Thanks for the heads up. I was unaware of that. All fair use images will be removed from my user page imeditately. TomStar81 02:45, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi Ydam! Thanks for your recent interest in the AfD of the 2006 World Cup controversies article. Your input is most appreciated. Since the AfD is now closed and the World Cup almost over, I'd like to encourage you to put some input into the improvement of this article, either by improving where you think you can, or by suggesting changes on the talk page. Kind regards, MyNameIsNotBob 03:21, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
August Esperanza Newsletter
Olivia Chow kaj Penny Priddy
Dankon pro via helpo pri la fotoj en cxi tiuj artikoloj. (Mi aparte ne komprenas kial Steam5 celis cxi tiujn du kaj ne miajn aliajn liberajn imagxojn de NPDaj diputatoj...) - Montréalais 15:39, 20 September 2006 (UTC)
September Esperanza Newsletter
Official Parliament Photos
I have already upload the official parliament photo of Penny Priddy and Morgan695 already upload the official parliament photo of Olivia Chow. But it has to be kept on both article pages. Do not remove or revert from the official parliament photos to news photos, and I don't understand the other language entitled "Olivia Chow kaj Penny Priddy". Both photos are on "Category:Official photographs of Canadian politicians". Both official photos needs to be kept. Until User:Montrealais and you. Can't you read the official Canadian parliament photo copyright? I always upload the official parliament photos. Please do not talk to me something bad on the talk page to me. I edit a little for Image:Oliviachow.jpg. I already upload the official Parliament photo of Penny Priddy and I put Template:Canada-politician-photo, on a Canadian Parliament Copyright tag on both images. Now I want you to tell Montrealais "I want both official photos to be kept on both article pages do not remove or revert from official Parliament photos to new photos. Please!" Steam5 22:04, 20 September 2006 (UTC)
Official Parliament photos back?
I have read the "Fair use images" on my user talk. And I have read the fair use on "Policy". I hear that the Canadian Parliament copyright photo is qualified as a fair use. I have read everything! So, which official parliament should I put it back, "Image:PennyPriddy.jpg", "Image:Oliviachow.jpg" or "Both Official Parliament Photos". So please, let me know. Steam5 22:29, 20 September 2006 (UTC)
- You should put neither of them back. Reading the fair use policy, you must have seen that when a free photo is available, we can no longer use the fair-use parliamentary photos. This is not open to interpretation. - Montréalais 14:43, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
Unofficial Photos of NDP MPs for deletion
I nominated 9 photos of NDP MPs at the NDP Federal Convention from Quebec City for deletion on Sept. 22, 23 and 24 on Images for deletion. because there all "UNofficial" the summary is English and "French", Because all English Wikipedians don't understand the French Language. I always upload the official Parliament photos and I add the Canadian Parliament copyright on it. I email Wikipedia on official Parliament photos. You are the MEANEST and the WORSE user ever and so does Montrealais is also the meanest and worse user ever! and you won't let me put all of the official photos back where it belongs! I'm going to settle a dispute with Wikipedia! I contacted Wikipedia by email and Wikipedia will let me know if I did a good job on uploading the official Parliament photos. The official Parliament photos with the Canadian copyright are the best. I hope Wikipedia did a good job on uploading official Canadian photos to me. Dont make mean and bad comments. I waiting for all 9 "unofficial" photos for deletion then I will put all official photos back on each article. Steam5 01:36, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
Ydam, could you e-mail me, please? - Montréalais 04:26, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, I thought I had...? In any case my address is on my user page too. Thanks! - Montréalais 06:15, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi - I'll be only too glad to help. However, I can start only after 60 minutes. Rama's arrow 18:25, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- Hi - I found "Climate," a critical element of info missing from the "Geography" section. Please add any climate info and anything on flora/fauna which might be distinctive to Dundee. I also hope you don't mind my reorganization of the sections. Rama's arrow 19:58, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- No guideline - in fact, I too favour alternating alignments. Please rearrange them as you want - I had re-aligned them only because of cluttering in certain portions, which must be avoided. Btw, I hope you don't mind the extensive reformatting - we should try to keep the format in lieu with Wikipedia:WikiProject Cities. Rama's arrow 20:27, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- Please lemme know if I'm making any mistakes or questionable shifts. Rama's arrow 20:28, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- One important thing - I need ye to murder all the red links - they never look good in FAs. Please be genocidal. Rama's arrow 20:51, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- Create as many stubs as you deem fit. The rest you can de-link. Rama's arrow 21:02, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
The sequence of primary and secondary schools changes oddly. May I suggest:
There are forty-one primary schools and ten secondary schools in the city. Of these, twelve primary and two secondary schools serve the city's Roman Catholic population; the remainder are non-denominational.
The reason for the numbers in words is the Manual of Style. Whole numbers from zero to ten are spelled out as words in the body of an article. Numbers above ten may be written out if they are expressed in two or fewer words. Since "two" had to be in words, it seems more consistent to put the others in words also.
Having been through the FAC process recently, it seem like canonisation would be easy in comparison. Good luck. JMcC 18:44, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
Following your comments on the pge on its request for featured article status would you like to work on the improvement you have suggested?--Lucy-marie 16:51, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
Would you like to contribute to the expansion of the article now? as per you observations on the FA sub page?--Lucy-marie 16:07, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
November Esperanza Newsletter
Featured article barnstar
|The Original Barnstar|
|For all your contributions to Dundee and wonderful photography throughout Wikipedia. Continue your excellent work! ƒŗīẽđƒīŝħTALK 10:53, 12 November 2006 (UTC)|
Hi, "triple" congratulations YDAM for your tireless contributions, continued diligence and valiant belief that Dundee makes featured article status – I believe the first city in Scotland to achieve this status. Personally, I was getting the feeling that it just getting out of reach but I'm delighted that it has finally happened. P.S. Curiosity – am firm believer in the tenets of thorough historical research though not my real specialty. Best regards, → friedfish 10:53, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
- My congratulations to you too. Thank you for the barnstar - I hope you keep writing more FAs, which I would love to help on anytime. Dundee is not out of my interest area - I want to visit the beautiful Scotland sometime soon, so this was a treat. Cheers, Rama's arrow 15:17, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
Just noticed that Dundee finally got there. Congratulations! Like me I bet you thought it would never end. I realised at the end that the result is a much better article. JMcC 16:15, 13 November 2006 (UTC)
- Mine took over a month as well. If you are most of the way there, as your article was, then you avoid most of the instant objections. Just like you, there then was a period when I thought everyone was ignoring it. Then someone came along and pointed out some things that I was too close to see. I looked at Dundee mainly to understand the other point of view while mine was a candidate. I will wait a while before I go through FAC again though. If you haven't done already, I suggest you review another article to put something back. JMcC 22:15, 13 November 2006 (UTC)
I noticed your remarks on Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:Discuss and Vote; I would appreciate it if you could take a look at WP:DDV, and indicate if it accurately represents the way Wikipedia works (and feel free to reword it if it doesn't). Basically it states that AFD (etc) are not decided by vote count, and in general voting is discouraged (but not forbidden). Thanks. (Radiant) 10:47, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
Thanks very much Salinae 22:20, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
How do I assert that I have permission from webmaster @doddingtonpark.com ? - Kittybrewster 17:13, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
Proposal for a project about Cheshire
Hello, I've noticed that you've made a number of contributions to articles or discussions dealing with Cheshire in the past. I've recently proposed setting up a specific project about Cheshire here, and I wondered if you might like to lend it your support by adding your name to the list of Interested Wikipedians? the aim of the project, as you can read, is to make as many articles as possible about Cheshire into Featured Articles. I've also now put up a project page for it, which is still very incomplete, but which you can see here. Best wishes, David. (talk) 21:45, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
Montreal screwjob FAC
Hi Ydam - could you please have a look at this article and its FAC if/when you have some time. Thanks, Rama's arrow 16:48, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
Canals of GB infobox
Having looked at the Canals of Great Britain article talk page, am I right in thinking you've developed an infobox for use on articles about, appropriately, the canals of Great Britain? If so, I'd be happy to go ahead and add this to a few articles about canals in Greater Manchester, but only if it is in use mind!
Do you have a link to the template? Jhamez84 00:25, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
Dundee and £
I do apologise - it seems MOS relating to this has changed since I last checked, thus GB£ is no longer required it seems yes. Good luck with impoving the article in otherways however. Jza84 22:14, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
Dundee FA status
It was mentioned in the Dundee talk page that the article no longer met many of the criteria for FA back in 2007. I imagine the requirements have either changed significantly or the article has degraded through subsequent editing. It is therefore up for FA review. Catfish Jim and the soapdish (talk) 14:03, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- User:Catfish Jim and the soapdish has nominated Dundee for a featured article review here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured article criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks. If substantial concerns are not addressed during the review period, the article will be moved to the Featured Article Removal Candidates list for a further period, where editors may declare "Keep" or "Remove" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. Dabomb87 (talk) 22:45, 2 February 2009 (UTC)