|This user may be busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries. In the event of administrative actions by this user requiring attention, leave notification here and if there is no response after a reasonable time consider asking at the admins' noticeboard or some other relevant place for someone else to deal with it.|
- 1 126.96.36.199
- 2 JohnCD
- 3 Steve Carlos Ramos
- 4 My talk page
- 5 A barnstar for you!
- 6 "Go write an encyclopedia"
- 7 Ψάλ
- 8 Glitch in the blocking code, or just a typo?
- 9 Talkback
- 10 188.8.131.52 (spambot)
- 11 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 12 Misclick
- 13 My bad!
- 14 162 IP's
- 15 Ref desk troll
- 16 Cut-and-paste move at AM-RB 001
- 17 George Stephenson
- 18 RE: chantry island lightstation
- 19 Rangeblock
- 20 edits
- 21 RfC Suggestion Comment
- 22 LGBT rights pages
- 23 User:SOAS Singapore
- 24 FYI
- 25 Thanks
- 26 Reverting edits
- 27 Block Notice Not Placed
- 28 Thank you very much for your help!!!
- 29 Thanks
- 30 Sorry...
- 31 Misc ref desk.
- 32 RevDel request
- 33 User:Aglevine67
Hi, I have no intention of wandering around Wikipedia. One of the reasons to notify you was to have my father's accounts disabled. I'd be grateful if you could restore the changes I made to his talk page though, that message was important. Robert Deas — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:19, 8 January 2017 (UTC)
Steve Carlos Ramos
My talk page
Hey thanks for reverting that IP, yet again I must add. Seeing the recent IP's that have come to the page, is there a range that could be blocked for the time being or is that too much collateral damage? RickinBaltimore (talk) 13:15, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Something like this one, this one, or this one. There is some collateral if it's more than a few hours/days, but I'm of the opinion they can be applied whenever needed. And I'm also leaning towards applying a big long LTA block on both ranges. You aren't the only target, so semi-protection is less useful. An edit filter might be an option. I'd suggest, if I'm not around for the next one, immediately applying x.x.x.0/24 blocks as needed for several hours each (example). Ping to KrakatoaKatie for opinions on a longblock. -- zzuuzz (talk) 13:42, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|For protecting my user page - thank you! :-) Patient Zerotalk 11:56, 24 January 2017 (UTC)|
"Go write an encyclopedia"
- It doesn't get written on ANI. I think you've misunderstood what I've done if you think that's rude. That place is mainly full of boomerangs. You are now free to continue contributing in a collaborative and respectful manner. -- zzuuzz (talk) 18:42, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
If I'm not mistaken, this user's edits match the MO Tile join sockpuppets historically used to become autoconfirmed. I don't know if that's enough evidence to earn them an indefinite block at this time, but I would like to see your opinion. Sro23 (talk) 02:29, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Sro23: The account is now blocked. Indeed it's very similar, but my money is on it not being Tile join. Per beans, but compare closely some of the accounts at Bethel Church, Mansfield Woodhouse - almost as obsessive as Mascot Guy. -- zzuuzz (talk) 08:53, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
Glitch in the blocking code, or just a typo?
From the block log: "changed block settings for 192.0.2.16 (talk) with an expiration time of 4 decades, 7 years, 30 days, 54 minutes and 52 seconds (anon. only, account creation blocked) (test of 61 hours)". That's a looooooong 61 hours... :) --Guy Macon (talk) 06:08, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Guy Macon: That's what I thought. It was a short range block which brought it to my attention. There's a bug in the display of the block length. See. -- zzuuzz (talk) 08:57, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:38, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- No worries, you are not the first. It needs rewording, IMO. -- zzuuzz (talk) 21:26, 15 February 2017 (UTC)
- Yes it did. I'm just cleaning up some of the other edits. -- zzuuzz (talk) 20:35, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
Ref desk troll
After seeing this IP address blocked, it looks like they're using a VPN service on the this range: . Would you be willing to perform to perform this rangeblock? Thanks. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:33, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- A /32 range is just a single IP address. However I've extended the block. -- zzuuzz (talk) 17:39, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
Hi zzuuzz, would you be willing to perform a WP:HISTMERGE at the articles Aston Martin Valkyrie/AM-RB 001? It appears that an IP editor attempted a cut-and-paste move instead of requesting a page move at WP:RM. The move is legitimate and constructive, the change is to update the page from the prototype car's name to its (now) official name (, , , ) Thanks — Iambic Pentameter (talk / contribs) 13:35, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- I think I already did that. The IPs are blocked now, btw. -- zzuuzz (talk) 13:57, 13 March 2017 (UTC)
RE: chantry island lightstation
I have researched this article in depth, this is also my home. Most of Peter K Burians add ins, did not have fully cited material -- they where missing titles, links etc. Which is why they came up in red. I am not challenging his work or time spent, I am challenging his content and proof. When I researched this article, there was a lot of material I wanted to add and could not, as I could not locate info that could not be challenged in verifying. Everything I put in this article and proved came directly from the Federal Government. I had to accept it, which is why I made sure website links where added to the article. I am sorry someones pride his hurt over this article, however, I am an historian on this lightstation and a Doctorate Researcher. Imasku (talk) 22:27, 14 March 2017 (UTC) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chantry_Island_Lightstation_Tower
Hi. You were the responding admin at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive948#Possible rangeblock so I thought I should talk to you first.
Although this dynamic IP has started updating timestamp on articles with a note (diff), as soon as there is not note (and sometimes with a note) he fails and gets corrected (diff) and reverted (diff) as well as warned (see User talk:2A02:C7F:5405:1300:8016:7667:AE35:FD3D).
- @Qed237: OK I'm prepared to issue a short Attention Grabber™ block, hopefully timed to coincide with their next editing session. I'll need to find or fashion a talk page message to point to. -- zzuuzz (talk) 07:21, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- And last night it was Mattythewhite going on a revert mission of this disruptive IP (diff). Soon I have no choice but return to ANI. Qed237 (talk) 13:37, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Qed237: I'm a bit troubled by the combination of vast improvement and minor inconsistency; I wonder if bringing the stats completely up to date will help (Jeff Hughes (footballer) ntupdate = 4 November 2013 !). However, for the time being I've applied the same block (rinse, repeat). You could always ask Mattythewhite to apply the range block. Even if he doesn't normally do range blocks, this one can be applied without collateral. -- zzuuzz (talk) 19:52, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hello. If you're interested in criticising your school you should go write a blog or a facebook post or have a tweet. Wikipedia is a place for reliably sourced information only. -- zzuuzz (talk) 08:03, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
RfC Suggestion Comment
Hello! You are unrelated editor (and admin) that never edited this page, so can you please conclude RfC on this page? Its quite WP:SNOW and we had three unrelated comments. --Ąnαșταη (ταlκ) 20:29, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hello. I'd have no problem closing it, but I'd prefer it's left open a bit longer to gather any more comments. This is not a promise to close it, but I'll take another look in a few days. -- zzuuzz (talk) 21:07, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hello! Can you please do it now when you have some time, its too long without any other comment, and as i said, its quite clear also... Thank you --Ąnαșταη (ταlκ) 01:45, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
LGBT rights pages
Hi zzuuzz, regarding the blocks you recently made to the users at LGBT rights in Singapore – just to let you know, it seems the same content is repeatedly being added by more accounts to the page LGBT rights in South Africa too. Regards — Iambic Pentameter (talk / contribs) 18:16, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, another long term abuser, also available in the UK and expect other LGBT pages. -- zzuuzz (talk) 18:19, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
Hi, Zzuuzz. I noticed you blocked 2602:306:3BE7:10E0:CD6:EA18:4652:18 and checked out their range 2602:306:3BE7:10E0::/64. Nothing but vandalism from it ever, and obviously all one person (as usual for a /64), so I've blocked the range for a week. Bishonen | talk 19:24, 3 April 2017 (UTC).
- I've therefore blocked your IP address. Would you like any more blocked? -- zzuuzz (talk) 17:36, 7 April 2017 (UTC)
Block Notice Not Placed
- They already know full well why they're blocked, and can view MediaWiki:Blockedtext at any time. Additionally, other users can tell they're blocked by looking at their contributions. -- zzuuzz (talk) 23:26, 11 April 2017 (UTC)
Thank you very much for your help!!!
Misc ref desk.
Hi, you recently reverted 2 edits by anon 18.104.22.168 on the miscellaneous reference desk. I don't know the history of one of them which seemed a bit strange, but his comment on the value of 3d didn't seem unreasonable (and I was replying to it the time) so I've restored that one. Is there some history to that user that I should know about? Best -- Arwel Parry (talk) 19:46, 21 April 2017 (UTC)
- The user is community-banned from editing Wikipedia. Details are in the block log. -- zzuuzz (talk) 19:58, 21 April 2017 (UTC)
- I took out the first edit. I think the worst was removed in the second. Thanks. -- zzuuzz (talk) 12:03, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
Even though this user hasn't been active on here in months, but this user is impersonating author Allan Levine and is accusing and vandalizing the information of Allan being married to actress Kathryn Beaumont is wrong. The user who is impersonating him refuses to stop vandalizing it, I know an impersonator when I see one. 2600:1000:B012:49E5:FB:5DEB:D44C:C76C (talk) 20:40, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hello. I don't know if you've ever read WP:BLP. In order for me not take the opposite view to you, and possibly wield some admin tools not in your favour, I require you to supply at least one reliable source supporting your assertion. I will accept multiple reliable sources. -- zzuuzz (talk) 21:05, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
Well... Even though I should have never posted anything on here. I'm not surprised about that from your reply. I guess Mr. stalker Sro23 told you about me and his lies, I'm not even bothering of reading WP:BLP because I already know the truth from you all. For not doing the right thing, whatever.... 2600:1000:B020:59B4:F991:152C:3500:B683 (talk) 23:46, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
- As an admin I'm happy to explain myself to the occasional banned user, even though technically you are not permitted to edit any page on Wikipedia (nor are you permitted to remove my comments whilst insulting me with bad grammar). No one has told me anything about you. Your name has a vague whiff of familiarity, but you are mainly obvious to me from your sockpuppets in the aforementioned article and persistent reinsertion of this unsupported (and contentious) allegation. If you're not prepared to read BLP you're missing out on a fundamental Wikipedia policy. If you're not prepared to adhere to verifiability, another core Wikipedia policy and philosophy, then we probably don't have much to discuss. If you're not prepared to even attempt to provide a reliable source, then whatever... So far all I've seen is a banned user inventing and inserting defamatory information, with nothing to support your arguments. -- zzuuzz (talk) 06:16, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
Whatever... I don't even care what your saying. I already know the truth about you all and for the way you all treat people on hear. http://g-liu.com/blog/2009/08/why-i-really-hate-wikipedia-administrators 2600:1000:B014:D3E0:D5D4:3F1E:E655:79EF (talk) 11:18, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
- Constitutional rights, lol. So, you're not prepared to follow policy, not prepared to discuss or support your edits, blindly sticking to truth despite the evidence, and making things up ... bye then. -- zzuuzz (talk) 12:07, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
Haha, boy zzuuzz, I enjoy it when you guys make me laugh. They way you admins reply to us never gets old, it's so ridicules. As for you Ebyabe, I've been ignoring you ever since I stopped bugging you months ago, but who cares. That's just too bad zzuuzz, your reply doesn't even bother me. 2600:1000:B03F:9C02:3586:A360:B2D8:21A6 (talk) 21:30, 27 April 2017 (UTC)